• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six Siege - Operation Health

CrayToes

The map DLC is paid for from DLC sales, including that of the season pass. Just because its released free for everyone doesn't mean it isn't that content that's paid for it.

If you want to be pedantic about it, i can rephrase it to we're all getting less content that we've paid for with our investment in costumes, operators and the season pass.

Lol the stretch is real.

Fuck getting more mediocre maps whilst the game is in such a shit state either way. I would prefer my season pass pay for the game to actually work.

fr0st

Banned
im just wondering why they announced it so late when everyone has been waiting for the new seasons to come out?

like what have they been doing in the past 3 months

Lol the stretch is real.

Fuck getting more mediocre maps whilst the game is in such a shit state either way. I would prefer my season pass pay for the game to actually work.

There is no stretch here, do you really think they develop and give out the maps for free? It is content that we've paid for, which we are now getting less of. There is no debate on this.

The season pass shouldn't cover the game to actually work, the cost of the game should do that. Get out of here with that corporate apologist bullshit.

The map was part of the year two DLC, which we're not getting. You think that doesn't affect season pass owners then whatever, dude, hang on to that agenda.

Description
With Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege Year 2 Pass you get access to a one-year** VIP premium membership which includes:

YEAR 2 OPERATORS AND BONUS DLC

- 8 new Year 2 operators across 4 seasons
- 8 exclusive headgear customizations
- 8 exclusive uniform customizations
- R6 Carbon charm
- 600 R6 Credits to purchase in-game content

VIP PERKS

- 7-day early access to each season's new Operators.
- 10% discount in in-game shop
- 5% Renown boost to unlock in-game content faster
- 2 extra daily challenges

**VIP Premium Membership service until February 7, 2018

Where does it mention maps in the season pass description? 🤔

The map was part of the year two DLC, which we're not getting. You think that doesn't affect season pass owners then whatever, dude, hang on to that agenda.

What agenda? I own a season pass and I play with folks that don't own a season pass.

We all get access to the same new map while only me or other season pass owners get access to the new operators a week early.

I'm not the one with the agenda trying to spin the map as something that's an incentive for season pass owners. That the map is free and available to all at the same time is an incentive against the season pass.

CrayToes

There is no stretch here, do you really think they develop and give out the maps for free? It is content that we've paid for, there is no debate on this.

The season pass shouldn't cover the game to actually work, the cost of the game should do that. Get out of here with that corporate apologist bullshit.

You didn't pay for the Polish map. There's no two ways about it. If you laid down the money for the season pass thinking that it entitles you to maps then more fool you.

"Corporate apologist bullshit" lol. I was simply using your own dumbass logic against you.

I'm picking up the game for ps4 today as part of a deal i made with some friends where if I buy it, they buy Titanfall 2... What can I expect going into it? I've been hearing such mixed things about the ps4 version over the last few months. And should I go in on this season pass right off the bat? Whether I end up liking the game or not I'm going to be playing it a good bit to keep up with friends.

groansey

What agenda? I own a season pass and I play with folks that don't own a season pass.

We all get access to the same new map while only me or other season pass owners get access to the new operators a week early.

I'm not the one with the agenda trying to spin the map as something that's an incentive for season pass owners. That the map is free and available to all at the same time is an incentive against the season pass.

Of course the roadmap is an incentive to buy the season pass - access to new operators a week early every 3 months was on the roadmap. Season passes support the devs deliver the roadmap. They are now not delivering this roadmap.

I can't argue this anymore. Just stop.

^ No, it's clear you can't.

I'm picking up the game for ps4 today as part of a deal i made with some friends where if I buy it, they buy Titanfall 2... What can I expect going into it? I've been hearing such mixed things about the ps4 version over the last few months. And should I go in on this season pass right off the bat? Whether I end up liking the game or not I'm going to be playing it a good bit to keep up with friends.

It's a great game marred down by lots of out of game issues (matchmaking etc) and some prominent in-game ones (high ping advantage). But the base gameplay is great and keeps many coming back to it despite the messy nature of the title.

This is good, the game needs some work done under the hood, it seems like the game has stretched beyond the limitation they had in mind when making it.

It's a great game marred down by lots of out of game issues (matchmaking etc) and some prominent in-game ones (high ping advantage). But the base gameplay is great and keeps many coming back to it despite the messy nature of the title.

Ah I see, thanks. Dealing with similar bs with For Honor as well, so shouldn't be too hard to just take the good with the bad of this game too then. As long as the base gameplay is on point, I'll dump my time into any game.

Rainbow-Six-Siege-Year-2-Cover.jpg

This is the roadmap they sold season passes on.

Doesn't matter if the season pass is only for early access to operators, it was based on this roadmap, and now they haven't just delayed it, they've actually canned content that was part of it.

People have a legitimate right to complain or even ask for their money back imo.

They may as well ditch Siege and move on. They're never going to be at the stage where they can achieve this game's potential. They're clearly a small team struggling to fix this thing and they can't even deliver the DLC they promise let alone expand or build the game into the COD and Battlefield level behemoth it deserves to be.

All they did was take out a map (that is free for everyone), and shoved the last 2 operators into next season and the season after.

They didn't screw over season pass holders, except on delaying the content, and a delay isn't an issue when everything is still coming by the end of the Year.

I love Siege, and the health updates need to truly be critical in making sure the game can finally shed its notoriety for being buggy.

Im disappointed in the lost map. For the rest of the year, we have only two new maps coming, but the operators are what people seem to buy into most, so at least that's happening.

I'm hoping by the end of Year 2, they can promise a Year 3 with even more maps being the focus, and maybe selling us a revamped co-op that can be sold separately to entice non-fans.

Ah I see, thanks. Dealing with similar bs with For Honor as well, so shouldn't be too hard to just take the good with the bad of this game too then. As long as the base gameplay is on point, I'll dump my time into any game.

Having played For Honor (at launch and for a few weeks after), I'll say that Siege is in a much better state than For Honor was.

For a newer player, your likely to experience the matchmaking timing/issues early on but should be fine in-game.

Disgraced

I think adding no significant content whatsoever for three months is a mistake. At the least there should still be "Mid-Season Reinforcements," which are—let's be honest—another matter of fixing the game, not really bolstering it.

Yes, this may result in a better game later, but in the meantime there's going to be drop off... and I worry the base won't replenish or resurge like it did originally (around S2-S3 of Y1). That's the big problem with this imo: that they're betting their game is good enough and will be good enough for players to stick around or come back... again.

They better have some rad cosmetics loaded to release in the meantime... like, basic camo/alternate color uniforms for all ops and CTUs. More tacticool headgear and skins...

I'm not buying it. This isn't a season of health. It's just marketing rebranding a delay. The one-step matchmaking was supposed to be mid-season reinforcement in the current season, and they talked in general about focusing on health while showing the original year 2 roadmap.

Their patch process has been pretty awful. I don't know if I've ever seen so many bugs come back in a game. Or so many bugs listed as fixed that never actually were.

I'm not thrilled about the GROM operators being split up and not having their own map. I'd prefer a straight delay to that.

This is unequivocally bad news.

Foxxsoxx

Delaying a map is one thing but not even making it? Psh.

Blows my mind how people try to justify this shit.

This Operation Health should have been a part of the patches already coming out. We all know every time they patch the game they break multiple things.

It isn't the developers fault, I'm sure they have way too little man power for this.

They need more options for curbing toxicity in this game. My top 1 issue with it on PC was shit-ass player base. Worst, most toxic players I've ever played with in any online game, even in ranked games. As recently as a few months ago it didn't even have a "mute player" option, let alone a way to report them for anything other than cheating.

I'm not buying it. This isn't a season of health. It's just marketing rebranding a delay. The one-step matchmaking was supposed to be mid-season reinforcement in the current season, and they talked in general about focusing on health while showing the original year 2 roadmap.

Their patch process has been pretty awful. I don't know if I've ever seen so many bugs come back in a game. Or so many bugs listed as fixed that never actually were.

I'm not thrilled about the GROM operators being split up and not having their own map. I'd prefer a straight delay to that.

This is unequivocally bad news.

I don't think it's all marketing. It's hard to imagine them both making large scale fixes to the game when every patch borks bits and pieces (or huge parts) even more so.

The start of this season broke so many things and I honestly can't imagine them fixing much if they have to push out a new patch with Ops/maps and changes alongside actual fixes.

Warablo

No it's not. Matchmaking is great in casual, ranked is a bit of a problem. The game is amazing, no question about that.
Its the exact opposite. Ever since they changed casual matchmaking my group cant find a match in casual, unless we literally matchmake for 20 minutes.

Seems now it's a good time to jump in? How's the PC player count?
It's in a good spot population-wise. There'll definitely be a huge boost in August with season 3, that's pretty much guaranteed.

I'm afraid of the population dropoff more than anything tbh
The bugs and issues will turn more people away in the long run than delaying a season for 3 months.
I've been playing Siege since February last year on PS4 with hundreds of different people regularly and we've all agreed on the idea that they should take time to fix the glitches and netcode rather than keep pumping out content.
Now it's finally happening and everybody I've talked to about it is happy they're finally set on fixing shit.

KDC720

I'm glad they're going to devote some serious time to fixing the games issues, and as much as I love the game it does have some matchmaking problems.

They really should try and put the map out though instead of scrapping it entirely.

vvise

It's good that they are focusing on polishing up the game a bit. A bummer we miss some Polish content for that polish.

*zing* ?

Zasa

Sounds like I'll finally pick this game up once these patches hit (on PS4). Been stalling for far too long.

Bobnob

The best shooter ever, even with the bugs. Im not worried about the player base dropping as there's nothing like this in this space.(on console anyway)

Glad there gonna fix bugs etc but i just hope we dont get new bugs.

I wouldn't mind a new game mode either, multiple hostages or something longer time limits on some maps for more strategic smart moves.

It's also important that they aren't just fixing bugs and implementing new systems, but they improve their QA and testing so they don't get in debt like this again. Hopefully this period will prevent the regression wave during each new content drop.

PerZona

Been really liking this game since these past 6 months, a little disappointed that we got to wait awhile more before getting the HK operators but glad that they chose to fix the issues first as those are always crucial and most important in multiplayer online only games.

Very happy with this. Content is not an issue and the games long term health is a good focus. Ticket rate increase and hit registration improvements are great, and better matchmaking will make the experience much better as it can be rough.

This is good news for me if they actually end up fixing the persistent issues I've been having with getting into games, and getting disconnected once I'm in. I would play the content that's already there forever if I could just get into a game in less than 20 minutes.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
I think Operation Health is a good sign that they are in it for the long term and want to keep supporting siege. Year 3 maybe.

Hope they are not thinking in a year 3 and better be thinking in making a siege 2 with a better base code for everything.

And i don't believe in the team who made this game of fixing the bugs.

Maddocks

Part of me is...good, they need to fix this matchmaking bullshit. Constant 3-5 minutes of waiting to get into games, and that is only playing casual. On ps4 btw.

I don't mind the lack of a new map, but I'm kinda bummed by the now long wait for the new operator, but I rather they take the time to fix match making then release maps.

Perineum

I'm glad they are doing this. The game is never below 60 ping for me wired, and generally sits at about 100-120 ping in USA on PS4.

Titanfall 2 I never exceed 30 ping.

The servers are this games biggest flaw. If in 3 months from now I will have 30 or below ping in Rainbow with well done hit detection, then we are set.

While they are at it make it so anyone who goes outside is automatically recognized and alerted to the offensive team that defense is playing like shit tards. The spawn killing is really ass in this game after it being out for so long.

groansey

You guys realise they said they were focusing on health way back in Skull Rain and Red Crow. The Operation Health changes were supposed to come in mid-season reinforcements alongside new content.

You're all taking at face value both the reasons for cutting the year two content and the way it is being presented.

If we were getting an apology with concrete promises that bugs will be fixed then that would be appropriate. For all we know they didn't get the Hong Kong content finished in time, or Ubisoft withdrew or transferred resources away from the team. Like to For Honor which is made by the same dev studio and is also behind with maps.

If they achieve what they're claiming to do then it will be better for the game long-term but I still can't fathom the brass balls of selling bug-fixes and cut content as a seasonal event.

Keihart

There are things on the health map that where not coming any time soon and seem like very big changes for example 100% Server based features, that seems like a very big change that could even break some things in the game if not implemented well.

The ability to rollback updates is a very big one too. Basically they will be making big changes that make the game future proof if done well. This means that they have no intention to drop it and move on, almost guarantying a new season next year which i appreciate.

Kalentan

Honestly the loss of a map just sort of reinforces my dislike of 'free maps'.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of Operation Health but overall kind of just meh on the idea. Unless they actually fix shit, then that loss of content is going to feel like a kick to the nuts.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of Operation Health but overall kind of just meh on the idea. Unless they actually fix shit, then that loss of content is going to feel like a kick to the nuts.
Free maps just isn't worth it if you're only getting 1-4 a year.

To be honest, if they only released two maps last year, Border and Skyscraper, then a lot of people I know would've been happier than having Yatch and Flavela shitting up the map the rotation.

Keihart

To be honest, if they only released two maps last year, Border and Skyscraper, then a lot of people I know would've been happier than having Yatch and Flavela shitting up the map the rotation.

The only map i truly dislike is Skycraper, at least Yatch and Favelas got gimmicks to them but i digress, this are good news regardless.

what about the novel idea of producing new content but also testing it so it doesn't break your game and while you're making new content also fix the known issues? That way you don't have to delay content but you also have a healthy game.

The only map i truly dislike is Skycraper, at least Yatch and Favelas got gimmicks to them but i digress, this are good news regardless.
Skyscraper, really? Each to their own and all that, but I've genuinely never spoke to someone who disliked it.

Yatch and Flavela are just awfully balanced. I mean I can have fun playing on them, but playing ranked with diamonds and against diamonds, whoever wins is down to whoever gets to attack first.

Top Bottom