• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Disgraced

I don't think body cams would be broken if they were destructible, somehow unconcealed by dead bodies, and an ~attacker's~ ability. There's plenty of room for more intel ops on both sides, but with the intel-gathering abilities defense has at the moment adding something like that would be unbalanced. In my opinion, what offense needs more of right now is intel, and defense more area-denial.

Yeah, it was good fun. Obviously it helps that we kicked ass.

For sure. We kicked too much ass. Then the server's decided to kick my ass.

Yeah, it was great talking to you guys - definitely helped us play a little better too.

It's too bad Alpine wasn't in our team the moment we qualified for Invitationals.

Haha!

It was a pleasure playing with you guys. I haven't actually played Siege with many Gaffers (except Mike, who is great!) But I'm definitely going to set aside some time for it now.

Any Xbox Siegers here?

My goodness do I hate team killers with no mic or who are in party chat. I actually allow them to kill me twice so they get the ban/kick.

Then you have those rare times you're invited to a party of strangers who are awesome to play with.

So I have about 30,000+ renown saved up. I still have a few Ops to unlock. Unsure who to unlock next since the 2 I want look like a lot of fun to play with but are also most always taken by everyone else.

Remaining are Blackbeard (I heard his shield is lame now)
Caveira the most hated by defenders and loved by players
Frost..Those traps.
Aaand Buck the power gunned guy.

Has anyone ever spent actual $ to buy headgear or skins? I'm considering doing it once just to show a little more support in this game since it's sooo addicting.

I've gone through Battlefield 1, beat Final Fantasy XV, play RB Rivals weekly and yet here I am on this game daily.

flkraven

Any Xbox Siegers here?

My goodness do I hate team killers with no mic or who are in party chat. I actually allow them to kill me twice so they get the ban/kick.

Then you have those rare times you're invited to a party of strangers who are awesome to play with.

So I have about 30,000+ renown saved up. I still have a few Ops to unlock. Unsure who to unlock next since the 2 I want look like a lot of fun to play with but are also most always taken by everyone else.

Frost..Those traps.

Has anyone ever spent actual $ to buy headgear or skins? I'm considering doing it once just to show a little more support in this game since it's sooo addicting.

I've gone through Battlefield 1, beat Final Fantasy XV, play RB Rivals weekly and yet here I am on this game daily.

gt: flkRaven

Play Siege just about every night!

Rocketz

Any Xbox Siegers here?
I play on Xbox

Out of that list I would pick Buck next

I've spent like $5 one time to buy some Renown to get headgear for people and then I picked up Sledges pro league skin the other day. That's it on extra stuff but I bought the gold edition last year for a steal at $40 right before Black Ice so I was set.

Any Xbox Siegers here?

Frost..Those traps.

I really like Frost as a defender. I usually play either Rook as my 3 armor defender or Jaeger/Bandit as a roamer. Frost with her SMG is probably my favorite as the in-between sort of playstyle. And her traps are so, so good with the new ranked timing.

CrayToes

I really like Frost as a defender. I usually play either Rook as my 3 armor defender or Jaeger/Bandit as a roamer. Frost with her SMG is probably my favorite as the in-between sort of playstyle. And her traps are so, so good with the new ranked timing.

I just HATE her SMG. It's useless in a 1v1 unless you get a clean headshot which is hard because she can't use ACOG on it.

I just HATE her SMG. It's useless in a 1v1 unless you get a clean headshot which is hard because she can't use ACOG on it.

I really like it post recoil buffs, especially since your forced to use the angled grip. That combination can often give you quick clean kills, especially in the medium range fights just because of the speed with which you can ADS. I'd love an ACOG for it but I'd take a Holo too since I'm not a fan of Red Dot and Reflex sights currently available for it.

I know a lot of people just swear by her shotty, which I love too. But I think there are quite a few maps with angles you can hold or defensive positions to roam around in that work with her SMG.

Any tips on setting the welcome mats?

I've had limited success with them and feel I've just been lucky someone was rushing and not paying attention more than me setting them in a decent position.

They just seem too easy to spot.

In casuals, the timing is so lax that you really have to be tricky with the positioning. But in ranked, honestly, even up in Platinum/Diamond on PS4, you can put the mats in basic/obvious locations like the entry way into an objective room or on the other side of a deployable shield.

And it usually works because people forget to check those areas when rushing at the last minute in an attacking round. Otherwise, it's always good to change up the positions in between rounds to keep the attackers on their toes. I like putting mats at the tops of stairways, around hallway corners and just under windows.

The way I end up playing Frost is, generally, I'm not expecting to down somebody with the mat. It's usually an info gathering and delay tool. That I know mats are still there and blocking off entry paths into specific areas can be really valuable information when you are trying to hold down a location. Similarly, you can sometimes make plays to contest a mat from being destroyed if it's positioned below certain windows. Or use them as bait to get the flank on an attacker. It really is playstyle dependent on how you use and place them.

frontovik

Banned
As a Frost main, the usual spots to place mats are behind deployed shields & on the floor beside windows.

If you want to get creative, deploying them around corners & on top of stairs works well also.. but that takes good map awareness.

Just played at the Japanese map and couldn't find the other team on defense. So I walked into a room that looked clear and got lit up immediately. As it turns out they had two guys glitched under the stairs. They had perfect sight lines but you couldn't see them. As if it's not bad enough I'm still trying to learn these maps I have to deal with this shit too?

Fun game.

HiiiLife

Just played at the Japanese map and couldn't find the other team on defense. So I walked into a room that looked clear and got lit up immediately. As it turns out they had two guys glitched under the stairs. They had perfect sight lines but you couldn't see them. As if it's not bad enough I'm still trying to learn these maps I have to deal with this shit too?

Fun game.

Are you a masochist? Most your posts seem to be hating it but you're still playing it lol. Demons Souls FPS?

Rocketz

Stolen from Reddit

7c6afoayt0cy.gif

Fury451

Banned
As a Frost main, the usual spots to place mats are behind deployed shields & on the floor beside windows.

If you want to get creative, deploying them around corners & on top of stairs works well also.. but that takes good map awareness.

I started putting them in places where I know I would not be looking- put them around corners when people have their guns ADS watching for enemies, or right next to a wall (away from the door) when they will be entering a room. Usually an enemy will breach in, strafe around, and be so focused on room clearing they won't see it.

I get far more welcome mat bonus points than ever before now.

Are you a masochist? Most your posts seem to be hating it but you're still playing it lol. Demons Souls FPS?

I must be. I can't stop playing it but it seems like half the time I do I'm flipping out about the cheap crap that happens. I'm the same way with Gears. I just don't think I should play any kind of competitive games or take them seriously because I can't fucking stand when i die by no fault of my own.

My HDD is filling up quickly from shared videos I've taken of absolute bullshit deaths I've had. It started as a way to go back and review to see how I died so I could learn from it but instead it's just been a collection of all the glitches and bugs I fall victim to every night.

Top Bottom