• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

That's cool. If Blackbeard is anything to go by, the time it takes for footprints to disappear is gonna be nerfed cause if it leads straight to an enemy with presumably they're back turned, it's gonna be a lethal gadget.

Well, at best he can find a roamer. But there are too many footprints in the objective room.

Seeing a bunch of footprints on the map isn't always a good idea to follow, since defenders can start playing mind games with the operator.

Imagine running around in the pre-phase round like a maniac just to throw him off lol

Well, at best he can find a roamer. But there are too many footprints in the objective room.

Seeing a bunch of footprints on the map isn't always a good idea to follow, since defenders can start playing mind games with the operator.

Imagine running around in the pre-phase round like a maniac just to throw him off lol

I imagine they don't stick, maybe the footprints are only visible for like 15-30 seconds after being left?

Auctopus

I imagine they don't stick, maybe the footprints are only visible for like 15-30 seconds after being left?

Yeah, that's what I meant. I know they won't be permanent but all playstyles play differently i.e. how far and often they walk.

It'll probably just need balancing is all I'm saying.

Stolen from Reddit

7c6afoayt0cy.gif

Freaking AWESOME!

So I had 30,000+ renown saved. Unlocked Buck. Also got a dope black with neon blue headgear on Thatcher.

By the way is there any way to rewatch the short videos they play when you unlock standard operators on console?

New operator could be useful for hunting roamers? I'd love that.

Would you pay $2.99 for Snoop Dog announcer DLC?

I would, but only as i'm so sick of the current one and not because its snoop dog. I'm assuming some game offered that? Kinda awesome if true.

By the way is there any way to rewatch the short videos they play when you unlock standard operators on console?

Yes there is, oddly i think its at the bottom of the live section. That is my one complaint about this game, the UI isn't really that well thought out and pretty sluggish.

hao chi

Yes there is, oddly i think its at the bottom of the live section. That is my one complaint about this game, the UI isn't really that well thought out and pretty sluggish.

You can watch them from the operators section. Just click an operator and the option to watch their video is towards the bottom.

Beaulieu

passed from plat 3 to silver 2 on that season...
it really sucks because no random at that level uses mics. in gold and plat, all randoms do.

passed from plat 3 to silver 2 on that season...
it really sucks because no random at that level uses mics. in gold and plat, all randoms do.

On Xbox. Finally ranked today playing with strangers into Gold I. Instantly fell to silver level 3 after 2 more losses. Now. Back to the one just before Gold. Only a few people's with mics.

The last couple of nights the matchmaking was actually working. Getting into games. No "Matchmaking Error" screens. No 10 minute wait times. I mean sure we still have people crash and miss rounds but hey not too bad. Must have rebooted the servers or something.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
What's up with not being able to kick people in casual sometimes? It doesn't make sense why the option disappears especially since team killing is still rampant, yet you get denied the option to kick. wtf

CrayToes

Great matches last night Alpine and CrayToes, I thought so. Solid performances all round, think we won near enough every match?

Yep, really good night. Only one I can remember us losing was the match on House with those two plebs who ignored everything we said lol.

New operator could be useful for hunting roamers? I'd love that.

I would, but only as i'm so sick of the current one and not because its snoop dog. I'm assuming some game offered that? Kinda awesome if true.

Freaking AWESOME!

So I had 30,000+ renown saved. Unlocked Buck. Also got a dope black with neon blue headgear on Thatcher.

You can also do it from the customization page of the operator.

What's up with not being able to kick people in casual sometimes? It doesn't make sense why the option disappears especially since team killing is still rampant, yet you get denied the option to kick. wtf

Because the game is busted to hell and don't let anyone tell you differently.

Great matches last night Alpine and CrayToes, I thought so. Solid performances all round, think we won near enough every match?

Yep, was fun!

Yep, really good night. Only one I can remember us losing was the match on House with those two plebs who ignored everything we said lol.

Those dudes sucked. Not at playing individually but at being a teammate.

Had an idea for a new defender, inspired by the new "foot fetish" guy.
Since they are currently lacking a K9 cop-type (and having an AI dog sidekick would be interesting but difficult to implement), they could have an operator that uses an explosives sniffer gadget that canonically he would have used in the training of bomb detector dogs. It could be somewhat like Pulse or IQ in execution, but instead of electronics or heartbeats, he could detect thermite charges, claymores, Fuze charges, etc through walls. Maybe even grenades attached to operators. Such an operator could give a few extra seconds of heads-up to teammates before a wall breach or Fuze charge takes place.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Is very frustrating but ubisoft doesn't care about teamkillers in casual.

So we get new operators on feb 7th? Well, the season pass people anyway.

Yes

Also free weekend this week: https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/5r59kt/free_weekend_between_the_2nd_to_the_5th_of/

I'm gonna get my timid friends to try out the free weekend. Should be fun, can't wait to team kill them. I really want to try out the Ghost Recon beta as well. Looks like a great game to f around with your friends in. Like GTA but hopefully easier to actually match up and do stuff.

Auctopus

The original season pass only contains operators for year 1. Year 2 operators are only part of the new season pass.

Might be an unpopular opinion but they should roll in the S1 operators in to S2 now. The game is balanced around all the S1 operators now so new players having to buy a S1 pass in preparation to buy S2 is kinda dumb/cheap.

Edit: Possible Spanish Defender leak...

qz251yjii2dy.png

Man, that casual Kick option bug has been around for almost a year now, right?

If I'm not mistaken, it looks like you can vote to kick in rounds 1 and 2, sometimes 3 depending what the score is. So if it's the last round you can't vote kick and you only get 1 vote kick per game.
I used to get pissed at these team killers in casual but now I take advantage of it and get them to kill me a 2nd time so they get kicked, reported and a temp ban.

I have an idea for an operator. This can work either as attacker or defender.

As Defender the operator has a noise device, think something like Valkyrie hidden cameras, and sets them up anywhere.
As soon as attackers are around, the noise turns on. This can be music, footsteps, etc. To make the attacker confused or nor hear you coming.

As Attacker, it can be a drone with sound. Think those Bluetooth pill things everyone has now. You roll it up behind a defender to make the noise of footsteps or shooting or music. Then you come blasting in from the front.

Good idea?

DQDQDQ

If I'm not mistaken, it looks like you can vote to kick in rounds 1 and 2, sometimes 3 depending what the score is. So if it's the last round you can't vote kick

This is correct, the option goes away once match point is reached in the favor of either team. I'd call it a solution without a problem.

This is correct, the option goes away once match point is reached in the favor of either team. I'd call it a solution without a problem.

Yup, I kinda noticed after several games.

Also Feb 2 - 5th is free play for PC, PS4 and Xbox

Time to school some newbs.

Also, please don't vote kick unless they're AFK or just really obnoxious. Even if they suck bad I don't vote kick anyone under level 30.

andycapps

I'm assuming they do it due to kicking people to grief in the match point round. Not sure if they ever addressed this on the Reddit.

Might be an unpopular opinion but they should roll in the S1 operators in to S2 now. The game is balanced around all the S1 operators now so new players having to buy a S1 pass in preparation to buy S2 is kinda dumb/cheap.

Edit: Possible Spanish Defender leak...

qz251yjii2dy.png

If I had to take a completely blind guess based on a single blurry screen cap, Mira will either be able to reinforce blown out reinforced walls / drops or she'll be able to put up one way glass reinforcements allowing vision out but not in.

Top Bottom