• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

I've been playing some more, and I'm really liking Doc on defence (because I like support healers on shooters, and he has a P90, which is usually the main gun I use in games that have it), but what is the better tool for him: the barbed wire or the deplorable shield, and what is the best way to use whichever is best for him? I'm currently using the deployable shield, and just putting it in doorways near the objective or in tight corridors, because I'm not sure what I should be doing with it.

Also, are there any drawbacks of having a laser equipped to your weapon?

I've been playing some more, and I'm really liking Doc on defence (because I like support healers on shooters, and he has a P90, which is usually the main gun I use in games that have it), but what is the better tool for him: the barbed wire or the deplorable shield, and what is the best way to use whichever is best for him? I'm currently using the deployable shield, and just putting it in doorways near the objective or in tight corridors, because I'm not sure what I should be doing with it.

Barbed wire is easily the strongest weapon for defenders. Placing it on stairs that lead to the objective, doorways outside the objective and the main entry points to the objecyive is mostly always the best way of using it. It can be used to prevent the attackers rishing in, slow down shield operators and halt any pushes the attackers make. The sound it makes also makes it incredibly strong because it lets you know when the attackers are passing through even if they blow it with a grenade or ash because you know the attackers are pushing from that direction. Alternatively, the deployable shield is effective when there are a lack of entry points that the attackers can rush through on certain objectives when they are more likely to hold angles far outside the objective and try and get picks so it depends on the objective you're defending.

A laser sight only increases your hipfire accuracy so it's vital on shotguns and I'd recommendit on any shotguns you use. Also using it on Blackbeard's guns is great because he has such slow ads time so the laser sight gives you extra acccuracy whilst you're aiming down the sights. The main drawback however is that enemies can see your laser's dot so if you're holding an angle on a doorway, for example, if the enemies see your laser sight they will know where you are and what you're aiming at. This can be avoided through careful placement of the laser by placing it on areas of the doorway that the enemies can't see but this means when they do cross the doorway, you will have to flick over to them which isn't as easily as just pulling the trigger.

Sorry for the long essay this is something Macie Jay is always talking about on stream because so many people ask him about it and I guess I picked up a lot from him lol

mcz117chief

Hi, guys. I'm taking part in the free to play weekend and I was wondering if somebody would be willing to show me the ropes on PC.

edit: Europe btw

Barbed wire is easily the strongest weapon for defenders. Placing it on stairs that lead to the objective, doorways outside the objective and the main entry points to the objecyive is mostly always the best way of using it. It can be used to prevent the attackers rishing in, slow down shield operators and halt any pushes the attackers make. The sound it makes also makes it incredibly strong because it lets you know when the attackers are passing through even if they blow it with a grenade or ash because you know the attackers are pushing from that direction. Alternatively, the deployable shield is effective when there are a lack of entry points that the attackers can rush through on certain objectives when they are more likely to hold angles far outside the objective and try and get picks so it depends on the objective you're defending.

A laser sight only increases your hipfire accuracy so it's vital on shotguns and I'd recommendit on any shotguns you use. Also using it on Blackbeard's guns is great because he has such slow ads time so the laser sight gives you extra acccuracy whilst you're aiming down the sights. The main drawback however is that enemies can see your laser's dot so if you're holding an angle on a doorway, for example, if the enemies see your laser sight they will know where you are and what you're aiming at. This can be avoided through careful placement of the laser by placing it on areas of the doorway that the enemies can't see but this means when they do cross the doorway, you will have to flick over to them which isn't as easily as just pulling the trigger.

Sorry for the long essay this is something Macie Jay is always talking about on stream because so many people ask him about it and I guess I picked up a lot from him lol

Alright, I'll probably leave the laser off then, because I never really use hip fire aside from Kapkan's shotgun, and I can leave it on that. I assumed it would leave a visible dot, but I always find it hard to tell with lasers on FPS games.

I'll also try using the barbed wire then, as I've not used it yet.

CrayToes

It's really not that bad.

thenexus6

I never got the season one pass because I wasn't bothered and play the game alot. But I like this game so much I don't want to wait for the operators

I never got the season one pass because I wasn't bothered and play the game alot. But I like this game so much I don't want to wait for the operators

Join me, I was the same way and decided to bite on the year 2 pass. You get a year of bonus renown each game you play. 600 R credits (pretty much the value of 1 operator cost)
All year 2 operators free.

You can save up all that earned renown for some sick headgear or skins.
Nothing more creepier and intimidating than a clown faced sledge shooting you up through a wall.

Ardenyal

Wish they would say whether PS4 pro support is coming soon. On reddit they have been saying they have seen the comments asking for support but nothing beyond that.

CrayToes

Wish they would say whether PS4 pro support is coming soon. On reddit they have been saying they have seen the comments asking for support but nothing beyond that.

I don't think it's coming. They've got that weird ass technique going on with the resolution, I'm not sure they'd want to bother upsetting anything by changing it.

OG Kush

If the gadget is bulletproof glass then I'd have to agree with you. It would be interesting though because whereas Plane is designed for Glaz to be on the outside etc. this gadget will only be used on the interiors of buildings, which means Ubisoft might be suggesting more players to bring Glaz inside which would inevitably lead to his recoil being fixed.
Whats wrong with Glaz recoil? Last patch they reduced it and its pretty godly ATM.

OG Kush

Kush, between this and the pocket-sniper SMG-11, I'm getting subtle hints that you don't understand balance. ;)

Haha! Listen, I'll agree with you on the SMG 11 Acog, it was unbalanced but I was just lamenting my lost for since I loved it so much. With Glaz's rifle though, I think its a buff that was needed. On PC it might be a different story though.

Haha! Listen, I'll agree with you on the SMG 11 Acog, it was unbalanced but I was just lamenting my lost for since I loved it so much. With Glaz's rifle though, I think its a buff that was needed. On PC it might be a different story though.

Haha, man, you cray. Simply cray.

Please, oh lord please, tell me you actually communicate like this in game.

His is more like:

"................sonofa...........Caveira by the elevator..."

"No way, dude. How did you even see me?! Nah uh. Nope. Ugh, I need to take a break from this game."

"Actually, I think the skins in this game are fun."

"Roger, sad emoticon, over"

Also this.

CrayToes

His is more like:

"No way, dude. How did you even see me?! Nah uh. Nope. Ugh, I need to take a break from this game."

Also this.

I hate those kinds of people.....

Anyone thinking of playin tonight?

Definitely. I'm off work for the rest of the week, my girlfriend is is London for the weekend, I plan on doing absolutely shit all apart from playing games and watching football.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Haha, man, you cray. Simply cray.

His is more like:

Lies! You know we call her Elvira.

Although Caviar is also acceptable.
I hate those kinds of people.....

Aww... come on now. Don't hate.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I carry him far too often for him to contemplate kicking me. He actually said he's afraid to play Siege without me now.
Alpine likes to pat us all on the head sometimes so we feel important too. You'll learn.

TheKeyPit

Banned
People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I did really good today. I'm surprised.

Montagne ftw, Frost ftw. Those are my favorite operators right now. Caveira isn't bad either.

Edit: I've bought the Year 2 Season Pass. (I did not buy the Year 1 Season Pass when I bought the game)

Can't wait for the new operators.

Hop on to destroy some noobs, but all the MLG-tier teams are on to do the same so my friend and I get matched against them instead and we get destroyed.

WELL PLAYED SIEGE.

Arttemis

Just installed the game via the free weekend promotion, and nothing is accessible from three menu except the tutorial videos. Multiplayer is greyed out from the menu and the Situations option tells me it's currently unavailable when I choose it.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Just installed the game via the free weekend promotion, and nothing is accessible from three menu except the tutorial videos. Multiplayer is greyed out from the menu and the Situations option tells me it's currently unavailable when I choose it.

Are you offline ingame?

manhack

Hop on to destroy some noobs, but all the MLG-tier teams are on to do the same so my friend and I get matched against them instead and we get destroyed.

WELL PLAYED SIEGE.

Our group kept getting paired against a lot of level 1-5 players. I even offered some advice or recommendations to ease them into the game and not feel to bad about me going on a rampage.

There were quite a few of these "new" players that felt like smurf accounts, so I found that mildly amusing.

Either way I hope this brings more people into the game.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
w8fbzdkgmidy.png

uxgooHB.jpg

Pachimari

What is this one way mirror supposed to do? Can you deploy it anywhere on a wall? And will it look like a mirror to the opponent, so that they won't know you're looking through the wall?

mf.luder

What is this one way mirror supposed to do? Can you deploy it anywhere on a wall? And will it look like a mirror to the opponent, so that they won't know you're looking through the wall?

All speculation at this point, wait for the stream this weekend for the reveal.

There's talk that it's a 1 way mirror.

There's talk that it's 1 way bullet proof glass.

Been playing a bunch of this game with my friends recently. It's kind of unbelievable how addicting the gameplay is. I can't wait for the new operators and map coming on Tuesday.

Top Bottom