• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
If I had to take a completely blind guess based on a single blurry screen cap, Mira will either be able to reinforce blown out reinforced walls / drops or she'll be able to put up one way glass reinforcements allowing vision out but not in.
The rumor is she somehow buffs other operators' gadgets.

That image is just her (the vanilla animation) deploying a reinforcement on a floor hatch.

flkraven

It would be cool if this defender could repair damage (fix broken walls) or put up interesting reinforcements on walls (or on top of reinforced walls).

I know there was that Ubi art that showed her with a wrench near Chanka, so repair seems a safe guess. I wonder if they'll make her a "gadget resupply" op. Similar to Rook but granting an extra gadget, or even extra reinforcements.

DQDQDQ

I'm assuming they do it due to kicking people to grief in the match point round. Not sure if they ever addressed this on the Reddit.

I'm sure that's the reason but I don't remember that ever being a problem. People team killing under the safety of not getting kicked in a match point situation is the bigger problem, especially with it taking four votes to kick now.

Evolved1

I know there was that Ubi art that showed her with a wrench near Chanka, so repair seems a safe guess. I wonder if they'll make her a "gadget resupply" op. Similar to Rook but granting an extra gadget, or even extra reinforcements.
I suggested this long ago and then realized it's a dumb idea. It wouldn't benefit all operators. Hey Rook... here's an extra armor plate... for... no one. Tachanka, how about two useless turrets! Pulse now has two HBM's because... why?

Thought I was onto something then realized, didn't hold water.

mf.luder

hy7ajvew95dy.png

Mira's ability is rumoured to be a 1-way mirror (pronounced mira) that goes over reinforcements allowing defending team to see through. Tough wait!

Okay, I need to find a way to share the video with you guys but for now you'll have to use your imagination.
This just happened earlier tonight, I finally purchase Frost because her traps look like soo much fun you know ? So this is literally my 1st day, and just 2nd round using her. We're playing on Yacht and it's hostage. Valkyries sets up a camera in the gambling room with hostage. Meanwhile I set up a shield with a trap at the doorway, a trap right next to hostage and another trap under the window.
So I get killed for not paying attention. The last guy alive is a noob so he is nowhere on the floor he should be. With 3 enemies remaining my dead teammates just watch the the camera where hostage is trying to vote kick the last guy. (Good thing we didn't) so Boom! 1 enemy falls on trap over my shield. Another enemy jumps in after him but doesn't help. While a thermite comes from a wall on the side. 2 enemiesbhead toward hostage and at the same time I get 3 kills with traps. I Couldn't stop laughing, even had tears coming out of my eyes.
I know this was casual but you don't normally get to see a replay when a round ends in a trap kill so the fact that all this was recorded through a Valkyrie camera is epic. I'll find a link to share when I'm on a laptop.

Frost is sooo much fun.

Auctopus

hy7ajvew95dy.png

Mira's ability is rumoured to be a 1-way mirror (pronounced mira) that goes over reinforcements allowing defending team to see through. Tough wait!

Don't really care for the Attacker design but love the Defender's (although slightly worried about that head hitbox), also is that a Vector she's holding?

1-way mirror (pronounced mira)

So, pop-up shields/reinforced hatches and walls and castles will have one-way mirrors? That sounds crazy.

Edit: just read a bit of the subreddit. You're right, it's most likely bulletproof glass.

Evolved1

That's actually a pretty cool abilty.

Awhile back I said I liked how Echo was a meta mix-up, giving a defender a drone, something normally reserved for attackers. And that they could do it again with a shield... I suggested basically an extended Montaigne shield, only it'd be transparent, and on rollers, so any defender could reposition it realtime by rolling it, without having to break it down (as with barricades). And have some mobility + cover.

This one-way mirror is different (probably even better tbh) but I'm happy I got the transparent barrier part semi-right. lol

edit: It HAS to be a one-way mirror, otherwise it wouldn't be an advantage for defenders. It'd be an advantage for attackers. And it's probably bulletproof, but I can see arguments either way.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
hy7ajvew95dy.png

Those pose she's doing is "looking through a frame". It's most certainly some sort of visibility related ability. Reinforced glass seems like a sure thing.

Edit: I love the effort Ubi is doing to make sure each operator update has a man and a woman. Feels like something that wouldn't be the case a couple of years ago.

Evolved1

There's a bit of choppy video of her using it to blow through reinforced walls posted on the sub. Cannot link it myself atm. On my crappy PS4 browser.

If it's not one-way mirror, then it's a terrible abilty that's better for attackers than defenders.

HiiiLife

If it's a one way mirror that'd be dope. Otherwise I see no reason to pick her over Thermite, even Hibana.

Edit: she's the defender? Ah.

What's up with not being able to kick people in casual sometimes? It doesn't make sense why the option disappears especially since team killing is still rampant, yet you get denied the option to kick. wtf

Isn't it you just can't kick anyone after the start of the second round? I'm sure i remember reading something like that.

Fury451

Banned
Those pose she's doing is "looking through a frame". It's most certainly some sort of visibility related ability. Reinforced glass seems like a sure thing.

Edit: I love the effort Ubi is doing to make sure each operator update has a man and a woman. Feels like something that wouldn't be the case a couple of years ago.

Agreed, I love what they're doing. Where's my women in the ranks of attackers though? All the DLC women shown so far have been defenders except Hibana.

Ubi pls.

Gurrry

I only bought the basic game a few weeks ago. Loving it so far.

Do you guys think the season 1 characters will go down in price once season 2 is released? 25,000 for a single character is crazy.

Evolved1

I only bought the basic game a few weeks ago. Loving it so far.

Do you guys think the season 1 characters will go down in price once season 2 is released? 25,000 for a single character is crazy.
Maybe... they haven't said that though.

mf.luder

I can't remember if I bought the Season 2 pass. I think I might have. I'm looking forward to these new Operators.

Don't buy it! Maps are free but you just have to unlock operators. We are getting 2 now and 2 in a couple months. Thats more than enough time to same up buy them by playing. Think about how often you switch operators.

This is my opinion.

Pachimari

Don't buy it! Maps are free but you just have to unlock operators. We are getting 2 now and 2 in a couple months. Thats more than enough time to same up buy them by playing. Think about how often you switch operators.

This is my opinion.

I don't wanna save up. I've been playing this since launch, and is fine by buying the season passes. :)

This is my opinion.

Since I never bought a pass I decided to buy this season since ive wanted to save my renown for some wicked headgear.

OG Kush

Man, idk... just seems really dumb if it's not one-way. A transparent barrier is just extra intel for attackers. It heavily favors them.

Yeah not sure ATM if its one way or not. I hope its one way. Spanish reddit users have said that "Expulsar" in this case means "Push out", assuming she can push the glass out, leaving a hole you can shoot through.

Is there a reason I'm able to download this game without buying it? Went to purchase and it just said Install next to the option to buy it. I'm on the Xbox One.

Evolved1

Easy bandit tricks and so on.

Also, supposedly she can blow out the mirror as well.
Bandit trick? Lol. Advantage attackers:

"Fuse... in position?"

"Affirmative."

"Received. Two, northwest corner. Negative countermeasure. Deploy"

"Received. Deploying charge. Stand by. Enjoy the show."

Oh ok, cool. I wasn't aware of a free weekend, I was just about to impulse buy it. That works out then.

Hope you enjoy it!

"Fuse... in position?"

"Affirmative."

Eh, I think there's definitely defense positions where defenders have a decent advantage via the ability. Snowmobile on Chalet for example. Or even garage in House. In a ranked game, any time wasted for the attackers as they move to clear stuff before they can tackle the objective is a pretty nice advantage to have.

And it's not as if roamers aren't going to be contesting Fuse as he moves into position, especially on Chalet where there's only a few locations you can cluster charge from to hit specific areas.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
My gut feeling says that Glaz would be able to shoot through that. Similar to the reinforced glass on Airplane. Seems like a mechanic they won't pass up.

Auctopus

I'm assuming we also get a new patch when velvet shell drops, yes?

Well, they'll need to patch in the operators so it would make sense to do it then. But we'll have to wait until the weekend to find out how extensive the fixes are.

My gut feeling says that Glaz would be able to shoot through that. Similar to the reinforced glass on Airplane. Seems like a mechanic they won't pass up.

If the gadget is bulletproof glass then I'd have to agree with you. It would be interesting though because whereas Plane is designed for Glaz to be on the outside etc. this gadget will only be used on the interiors of buildings, which means Ubisoft might be suggesting more players to bring Glaz inside which would inevitably lead to his recoil being fixed.

Auctopus

The amount of story they give their operators is kinda cool but hilariously useless. She's arch-rivals with Ash? Okay, whatever hahaha

CrayToes

"Fuse... in position?"

"Affirmative."

Please, oh lord please, tell me you actually communicate like this in game.

Top Bottom