• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ranko Tsukigime’s Longest Day (Suda51, Crispy's) localization announced

Takao

Banned
PlayStation Blog:

Ranko Tsukigime’s Longest Day
PS3 — Spring, 2014

High school girl by day, assassin by night. The perfect setup for this frantic side-scroller directed by Suda 51 of Grasshopper fame. This PS3 exclusive follows the story of the titular Ranko Tsukigime as she evades the clutches of a shadowy power that’s clawing at her heels.

Each level is a race to outrun Ranko’s enemies while also dodging obstacles and defeating baddies who get in her way. Fall behind, and Ranko will be swallowed up by darkness before beginning the level anew.

Longest Day is an explosion of movement and color, where players never rest in their mad dash from one side of the stage to the other. Slashing through enemies will unleash debris that in turn can defeat other opponents. Longest Day caters to gamers who obsess over perfecting their run through a level, eliminating every superfluous jump and missed attack.

Clearing missions will eventually unlock new costumes for Ranko, and unlockable art is scattered throughout the campaign.

Here's an English trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc_umvHVuVU

This game is proof that completely irrelevant games can be localized as it sold less than 2000 copies in Japan.

joe2187

Banned
I have no clue what I just watched.

Sniper rifle violins?

Giant pomeranian contra bosses?

Whatever Im down if it plays good.

LuuKyK

We've certainly seen some random/unexpected localization announcements lately, haven't we?

Not that I am complaining. Its good news for me. :)

Tizoc

Huh? Sold less than 2000 and is getting released here? Better be on steam if they wanna get any profit.

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!
Of course...it'd only sell during the winter or summer sales...but I'd still double dip. I like me some Suda craziness.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Is this that Suda 51 game where you control like a giant monster? What was that called?

Is this that Suda 51 game where you control like a giant monster? What was that called?

I think you're referring to Lily Bergamo. This isn't really a Suda game either. It's from Crispy's, the devs behind Tokyo Jungle. I think Suda just did the writing for it.

randomkid

Cool, the main character looks awful but the game itself looks neat, I am down to follow Crispy's wherever after Tokyo Jungle. Really glad they're still localizing, did this really get a physical release in Japan?

RangerBAD

Fun fact, one of the segments in Short Peace, Tsukumo, was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Animated Short. Thank you, Wikipedia.

Edit: Didn't watch the trailer before posting. lol

Cool, the main character looks awful but the game itself looks neat, I am down to follow Crispy's wherever after Tokyo Jungle. Really glad they're still localizing, did this really get a physical release in Japan?

Yes, it was included with the Short Peace animated anthology.

61bn9g%2B9A7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00FB01XLE/

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Japan hates Suda51 (games) I guess?

Because his games are generally not all that good in the first place. Great characters, but its always the gameplay that falls flat on its fucking face. Time and time again.

Palocca

I have no idea what I just watched, but I am excited! Is this going to be a digital-only game, or a retail release as well?

Tizoc

Because his games are generally not all that good in the first place. Great characters, but its always the gameplay that falls flat on its fucking face. Time and time again.

I liked KiD's gameplay, it was simple and I always liked doing the dodge counter.
I liked Lolipop Chainsaw's gameplay too, though i should replay that to see how it holds up for me after KiD.

cj_iwakura

I don't think he was listed as Director when I've finished that game.

Nope, supervisor or some such.

The last game he truly directed was No More Heroes.

If he REALLY did this one(like, really), then I can't wait.

I thought the Tokyo Jungle guy did this, though?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, kind of surprised. Hopefully it's priced decently, as I forgot about this but now interested in it again.

Top Bottom