• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rarest game in your collection?

Captain N

I'm not talking something along the lines of it being signed by the created, but I mean something like Half-Life 2 for the Dreamcast..something like that. I was just going through my games and I've got nothing like that. If you do I'd love to see them.

Please try and post pictures too!

It's not THAT rare but it took me years and luck to acquire (without using ebay)

Ico. Found it back in '06 in a Sears at a local mall while randomly browsing their pathetic games section. Who'dathunk?

Electroplankton is probably the only game I have that's fairly rare, at least as far as DS games go. It'll probably be worth quite a bit in 10 years or so, but I won't sell it.

Is Bangai-O for Dreamcast very rare?

Off the top of my head, probably one of the following:

Sapphire - PC Engine
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night w/ Japanese dialog and english text - PS1
Elemental Gearbolt Assassin's Case Set - PS1
International Superstar Soccer - SNES (never released if I recall)

LordK

I don't really know... maybe Suikoden 2? I have that, Valkyrie Profile PS1, FF3(6) SNES, FF2(4) SNES, and Secret of Mana too. Oh yeah, I have the PS1 Lunars and Vanguard Bandits.

Akai

Pretty much anything by Atlus will do, right? *snicker*

Though on a serious note, I have a sealed copy of F-Zero (SNES) that I found for a hilariously marked-down price back around the end of the N64/PS era...

In Australia - MGS Twin Snakes and Skies of Arcadia Legends.

Getting a used copy of Tales of Symphonia trucked up through EB because the prices are shooting up for it on Ebay.

Willenium

i was pretty psyched to find Harvest Moon 64 and Survival Kids at a used game store's "1/2 price tent sale," where they were trying to get rid of "the crap that doesnt sell." also found suikoden 3 there and sold it back to them a couple weeks later for $3 more than i paid.

I guess Cubivore is the most legitimately "rare" game i have anymore. i sold all my old obscure JRPGs for ridiculous amounts of money after i played through them because i only keep games that are still fun to me.

BIG BUBBA

Did I mention it's time to cancel my Ratchet and Clank preorder yet?
Funny you just made this thread... I'm home for the summer and have been trying to dig up some of my old games/systems. Turns out my mom threw out all of the boxes, so any mildly valuable games (black label FF7, Dragon Force, Mars Matrix, etc.) are pretty much worthless now.

I dunno I guess Suikoden 2. Unless Dragon Force is rarer, but I only have the disc for that.

DSC00051.jpg

Sup?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Before this thread gets cluttered with stuff like Final Fantasy VII and crap like that, just want to make sure ppl think about posting stuff they think is rare.

---

For me, no pics right now, too lazy. But probably Saturn House of the Dead and sealed Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence LE.

Olaeh

Not sure how rare these are but:

King of Fighters Orochi collection (Limited Edition) [JP]
Mario and Wario (SNES) [JP] never opened
Chaotix (32X) [Jp] never opened
Dairantou Smash Bros (N64) [Jp] never opened
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes (GCN) [US]
Cubivore (GCN) [US]

klee123

Marty Chinn said:
Off the top of my head, probably one of the following:

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night w/ Japanese dialog and english text - PS1

How?

For me, it's probably:

Rakugaki Showtime - JPN PSone
Harmful Park - JPN PSone
Zanac X Zanac (sealed) - JPN PSone
Panorama Cotton - JPN Mega Drive
Battle Mania Daiginjou - JPN Mega Drive
Contra Hard Corps - JPN Mega Drive
Sengoku 3 - Neo Geo AES

sikkinixx

hmm probably Lunar 1 and 2 on my PS1. The Lunar 1 is the reprint but 2 is the full pull edition with the medallion and popup figures and such.

Tarazet

27y7tzq.jpg

I also have a complete copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga, but it has been smoke damaged unfortunately so it is not for sale.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
sonarrat said:
I also have a complete copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga, but it has been smoke damaged unfortunately so it is not for sale.
I'm sure you could find plenty of folks (like me!) who would buy a smoke damaged copy just to be able to play the game.

NolbertoS

Let's see some rare games I own:

- SMT: Nocturne with Soundtrack
- Ar Tonelico with artbook and sountrack
- Persona 2
- Final Fantasy VII
- Skies of Arcadia (GC) - I put it as rare, cuz it's really expensive to buy nowadays, even for used.

- SMT: Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2
- MGS: TTS
- Zelda Collection (GC) - that thing is rare only cuz you couldn't buy it in stores and only available as a promotional item and it sells pretty high on ebay.
- DQ VII

marwan

Banned
I got this one for free when i ordered games from Tronixweb.com

it's easily the rarest and worst game on the xbox, actually worst game in the history of gaming! has one heard of this game besides me?

163-Stake%20Fortune%20Fighters_jpg.jpg

from CNET

Product Summary

If you play Stake with three of your friends, you'll probably just end up with three fewer friends.

Score: 3.6/10

:lol

Tarazet

Lambtron said:
I'm sure you could find plenty of folks (like me!) who would buy a smoke damaged copy just to be able to play the game.

Well, I got an amazing deal by buying a giant lot of games off of Bjork for $600 so he wouldn't have to ship them to Hawaii.. I've sold off most of them but PDS is my gem, and I know I'll never see another copy of it if I part with it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
ICO (PAL) I guess.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Izuna is rare? Let me guess you hoarded those when it dropped to $20? :lol

Did Suikoden II have a low print run? If so...

1805769046_c5409ac8ab.jpg

Some other random pics...

2164118187_ab9368760a.jpg

Bet no one has one of these...

2663282682_6567239fb9.jpg

2758167167_b74b486335.jpg

2727837724_0b5d853314.jpg

I got the Tingle Balloon Flight DS game. Its not that hard to find but I doubt it was made in huge numbers, so its kinda rare I guess. I have the Club Nintendo Game & Watch collection too. I have the 3 disc MGS3 too, if thats rare.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i guess radiant silvergun would be the most expensive, but that game isn't particularly rare as such. harmful park? hyper duel? gleylancer? i've got a pretty nice shooter collection

Top Bottom