• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rarest game in your collection?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
My rarest game? Oh, I guess it would be my DDR Mario mix, since they only made like 2 runs top of it.

DTJAAAAM

talfyw.jpg

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Not much.

Zone of the Enders 2
Beyond Good and Evil GCN

I also have a couple games that will likely become rare, like TWEWY, Okami Wii, Geometry Wars Galaxies Wii, Trauma Center New Blood, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core, and King of Fighters XI. I'm also going to get a LE of Tales of Vesperia, which is likely to be rare considering how they're handling it.

I also managed to finally get a black label God of War, which I am pretty sure will be that gen's black label FFVII.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
ZealousD said:
Not much.

Zone of the Enders 2
Beyond Good and Evil GCN

I also have a couple games that will likely become rare, like TWEWY, Okami Wii, Geometry Wars Galaxies Wii, Trauma Center New Blood, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core, and King of Fighters XI.

I also managed to finally get a black label God of War, which I am pretty sure will be that gen's black label FFVII.
I don't think any of the games you listed will ever become all that rare. Could be wrong though.

EctoPrime

The rarest game in my collection is probably Sonic Wings Special (PAL) - psone , it had a low print run and by default the best game ever published by Phoenix games, most likely it will never be worth anything.

JaCy

Only thing I have that can be considered rare is a near mint non-GH copy of Silent Hill for the PS1.

ZealousD

Drkirby said:
I don't think any of the games you listed will ever become all that rare. Could be wrong though.

Maybe not Panzer Dragoon Saga rare but enough to hold a significant amount of their original value.

I think Geometry Wars Galaxies on the Wii has the potential to be the rarest. 10-15 years from now when people are talking about how addictive the game was, they're not going to be able to (legally) download either of the XBLA releases anymore, Galaxies will be their only choice.

angelfly

I wish I had a sense of what was rare. Only ones I have that I think are are are MGS:TTS, Electroplankton, Etrian Odyssey, and DDR: Mario Mix.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
MarkMan said:
Before this thread gets cluttered with stuff like Final Fantasy VII and crap like that, just want to make sure ppl think about posting stuff they think is rare.

---

For me, no pics right now, too lazy. But probably Saturn House of the Dead and sealed Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence LE.

can't say FF VII isn't rare, because it sells no where around my shopping area. Hell I see more MGS 3: Subsistence LE then FF VII :lol

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
EctoPrime said:
The rarest game in my collection is probably Sonic Wings Special (PAL) - psone , it had a low print run and by default the best game ever published by Phoenix games, most likely it will never be worth anything.
How is that game? Is it a remake of one of the other Sonic Wings games, or a new game?

Ventron

Drkirby said:

I bought Okami Wii on launch day and it was the only copy they had in the store. An extremely popular store at that. And it was well hidden, stacked with the side facing out, among shovelware and old games. Since then, I haven't seen a single copy of it in stock anywhere in Brisbane, and we have like 5 game stores in the CBD alone.

john tv

Unopened Elemental Gearbolt WD briefcase thingy
Also a lot of rare PS1 era games
Lots of older stuff too. Intellivision, NES, PCE, etc.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
angelfly said:
I wish I had a sense of what was rare. Only ones I have that I think are are are MGS:TTS, Electroplankton, Etrian Odyssey, and DDR: Mario Mix.
MGS:TTS and Etrian Odyssey are just uncommon, Electroplankton and DDR: Mario mix are rare IMO, Electroplankton being the rarer of the two. DDR Mario mix sold about 300k in the US, a good amount, but find a complete copy is going to be hard (The game would of sold more, but Nintendo only made 2 productions before it stopped production)

Electroplankton I don't think even broke the 10k mark. (A small indication for newer games is there price at gamestop. Electroplankton is $60 used.)

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Hmm... I was gonna say Suikoden II. But I think it's more expensive than rare.

A bunch of Working Designs stuff?

Kartia? (Does anyone else even know what this is...?)

Secret of Mana?

MGS: Twin Snakes and Skies of Arcadia Legends mint condition. That's about it - and they're not very rare, at that.

john tv said:

From Wikipedia:
Some winners of Working Designs' contests for Elemental Gearbolt received 'Assassin Case' prizes that contained gold-plated Guncon light guns. These Assassin Cases are among the most rare and prized collectibles from the Playstation era.

You crazy mon!

EctoPrime

Drkirby said:
How is that game? Is it a remake of one of the other Sonic Wings games, or a new game?

It is basically a remix of sorts using content from mainly the first two game and a little bit from the third, Phoenix games removed the ability to save the game so the only way to unlock everything is to play it on the pc and use savestates. It still has Tate and a boss rush mode.

It is not a port of Sonic Wings Limited (Arcade) which has the same remix premise.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
john tv said:

The winner is here!

Damn.

Danielsan

I don't know, maybe:

Final Fantasy Anthology (PS1) - PAL
Darkstalkers 3 (PS1) - PAL
Dark Chronicle (PS2)
The original PAL release of ICO (cardboard sleeve)

jvm

Gamasutra.
I'm pretty sure I have an Atari 2600 cartridge that no one else on this board owns.

A guy took a bunch of tech demos for the Atari 2600 on the Stella programming list and strung them together into one sequence of demos. Then he made the ROM available online. Then Hozer Video, before they closed down, made actual cartridges from that, with a label and everything.

My best friend sent me one of those cartridges. Why? Well, I wrote one of the demos, so some of my code is on there.

Other than that, I have other rare stuff, but they're not in the "probably only 5 exist in the world" categories.

Well if rare counts games that maybe 20 people bought I have Math Play for the DS and Dewy's Adventure. Nothing rare that people would want to play though.

Vark

I have a bunch of stuff but as far as things I don't see often are sealed copies of Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon and Link: The Faces of Evil.

I've got a ton of PSX era stuff...

It's not a full game but I have a full sized PC box for Morrowind (Was printed as a prototype, by the time the game came out they'd switched to the mini boxes for PC games).

web.jpg

(can't post pictures cause at work)

Things I'm most proud of and or "rare" :

- MGS4 LE Gun Metal Playstation3 system

- MGS3 and MGS4 Limited Editions, both with MGS Saga DVDs

- SMT: Nocturne with CD Soundtrack

- Persona3 (Non FES) with Soundtrack/Artbook

- Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2 with outer cardboard case

- Mint condition Blacklabel of ICO and Shadow of the Colossus

- Mint condition Blacklabel of GodHand and Okami

Dot50Cal

Banned
A rare peripheral I own would be a black Biohazard 4 chainsaw controller. These were set to be produced for Japan by Nubytech, but only 20 prototypes were made before the company decided to not go through with it. There we're fliers and everything for it. I managed to get one from an employee before a dealer bought the remaining 19:

1_8.jpg

2_10.jpg

As for a retail game. I'd have to say its the Resident Evil Gun Survivor 2 arcade cabinet I own.

schild

I have a mint (FUCKING MINT, SRSLY) Donkey Kong Game & Watch. Box and all, perfect shape. It's packed away since I just moved, but yea, that.

US Suikoden II and Castlevania Chronicles are rare? I still have those.
Anyway, I don't have too much anymore since I eBay'ed or gave away most of my really old and rare(r) stuff in '00 and '01.

These days, I think it's just down to some Japanese titles:

Shadowrun (Mega CD)
Rondo of Blood (PC-E Super CD)
Golden Axe III (Mega Drive)
Rakugaki Showtime (PS)
Yu Yu Hakusho (Mega Drive)
Alien Soldier (Mega Drive)
Azel Panzer Dragoon RPG & Panzer Dragoon Saga (Saturn Japanese & US)
Geppy X (PS)
1on1 (PS)

ZealousD

fistfulofmetal said:
Donkey Kong Country.

It's pretty... Rare

Haha. Me and one of my coworkers discovered this pun when we were trying to figure out why the GBA version of DKC cost so much.

Vark said:
It's not a full game but I have a full sized PC box for Morrowind (Was printed as a prototype, by the time the game came out they'd switched to the mini boxes for PC games).

web.jpg

pretty rad, I love old PC boxes :D

Nicho

I have a copy of Little Red Hood on the Nes. It is not in my apartment at the moment, which is a shame because it is interesting and I'd love to show a picture. It never got the official seal from Nintendo so in order to make it work you have to plug a licensed game in the top to bypass the security lockout. It looks kinda like a Nes version of Sonic and Knuckles in that way.

Found some more info and pictures here: http://www.nesplayer.com/reviews/littleredhoodr.htm

It is a terrible game, but still nice to have.

I have:

An Xbox store kiosk
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Steel Battalion (plus the online game)
Cubivore
MGS: Twin Snakes
Tactics Ogre (PS1)
Both Lunar PS1 games
Ikaruga (GC)
Rez (PS2)
Klonoa 1+2
Castlevania Chronicles

I have plenty more uncommon games than that though.

sammy

Great topic. hmmm lets see, probobly

i want to say the whole Panzer Dragoon Saga bit

but personal rarities:
BIOFORGE
EVO
Deadalus Encounters (3D0)
Car Battler Joe

virtual boy is my next target collection...

B.K.

The only ones I have that I can think of that are rare are Ogre Battle PSX, Suikoden II, and Tactics Ogre PSX.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Ace Combat 6 ACE-EDGE bundle, pretty rare from my understanding.(Currently selling it too)
Intelligent Cube (ps1)

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
john tv said:
You know, CJ sold his Gearbolt case on eBay a while ago. Ended up getting over $1000 for it, if I remember correctly.

I have a few of the "typical" rare games: Panzer Dragoon Saga, Radiant Silvergun, Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (Xbox), Castlevania Chronicles, etc.

One game that I'm pretty proud of is this prototype cart of Drac's Night Out for NES. This is an official cart from Parker Brothers; not a reproduction. The game was never released.

NES_DracsNightOut.jpg

Q*bert's Qubes (2600) - found at flea market for 75 cents.
Custer's Revenge (2600) - mint boxed copy given to me as a gift by a fellow collector.
Nichibutsu Arcade Classics (Super Famicom) - mint and boxed.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Tribes 2 for Linux:

121y7f5.png

I'm pretty sure noone bought this except for me - everybody and his mother pirated ported Linux games by Loki, that's why they went out of business. :(

Top Bottom