• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Raspberry Pi 5 First Look! This New Pi Is Hands Down The Fastest So Far

The Raspberry Pi 5 Is Here and we have a faster Cortex A76 2.4GHz CPU, A New VideoCore VII GPU up To 8GB of ram and Better iO. This Is The Fastest Raspberry Pi Ever!
Featuring a 64-bit quad-core Arm Cortex-A76 processor running at 2.4GHz, Raspberry Pi 5 delivers a 2–3× increase in CPU performance relative to Raspberry Pi 4. Alongside a substantial uplift in graphics performance from an 800MHz VideoCore VII GPU; dual 4Kp60 display output over HDMI! For the first time, this is a full-size Raspberry Pi computer using silicon built in-house at Raspberry Pi. The RP1 “southbridge” provides the bulk of the I/O capabilities for Raspberry Pi 5.

image.png

Last edited:
F ETA Prime. Used to watch his stuff, but his shit is sooo bloody vacuous and shallow these days. OFC it's the fastest Pi ever.

Starhowl

I would like to know how the Raspberry Pi 5 compares to the Fire TV Cube 3rd generation. Although there's a benchmark of the latter on AFTnews.com, without knowing which version of Geebbench they've been using it cannot be done.

Therefore: Does anybody know which Geekbench-version they've been using in it and how it compares to the Raspberry Pi 5?

Last edited:

PaintTinJr

For anyone interested in the technical side of all the changes in the new Raspberry Pi 5 this is an interview discussing everything, that was a good read from this transcript of the video.

In the discussion they say they use Javascript JetStream 1.1 benchmark with the new Pi 5 coming in around 130-150 score. my AMD 6 Core laptop is only about 350 score (in performance mode) as an idea of how it measures up for general web browsing.

A big improvement in the Pi 5 is that the IO and memory speed have improved massively, so where using an 8GB RPi 4 and using 4GBs for a RAM drive yields no real improvement for Minecraft serving, the RPi 5 looks like it might get use out of more memory, and be able to do RAID0 from two SSDs from the info in the interview IMO, and or take an NVME m2 PCIe adapter for an Gen 2/Gen 3 nvme ssd.

Top Bottom