• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time preview and screens

noah111

Still Alive
TripOpt55 said:
Edit: Also, has Talwyn been in any of the videos. Is she going to be back?
Who gives a shit about her, what about Angela Cross? Or more more importantly Sasha Phyronix!? Even more importantly when the hell will we board the Starship Phoenix again? Isn't it supposed to be Ratchet's? Plus, since Metropolis was supposedly destroyed in the beginning of ToD what happened to Sasha since she as the mayor afterall.. wouldn't have Ratchet went and seen her since her city was being destroyed? :lol

Meh, R&Cs story had the potential to be pretty awesome but too many missing spots and shit.

Violater

Just downloaded the trailers from the PSN, and I have to say Insomniac despite my reservations, you just may get another purchase out of me.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Sentry said:
Who gives a shit about her, what about Angela Cross? Or more more importantly Sasha Phyronix!? Even more importantly when the hell will we board the Starship Phoenix again? Isn't it supposed to be Ratchet's? Plus, since Metropolis was supposedly destroyed in the beginning of ToD what happened to Sasha since she as the mayor afterall.. wouldn't have Ratchet went and seen her since her city was being destroyed? :lol

Meh, R&Cs story had the potential to be pretty awesome but too many missing spots and shit.

We definitely address Angela in this game and tie that up (though you'll have to look... err... listen to find it)

noah111

Still Alive
:O! Nice to hear, anything (even small stuff) that connects a sequel to it's successors is great for people like me who have played them all. :D

TripOpt55

Sentry said:

Well, sure I know what you mean, but they've actually had Talwyn around for both PS3 games, so I figured they'd keep her around. I was kind happy they kept any female character around for multiple games. Would it have really made sense for me to expect any of the PS2 characters to make a return at this point? Not really. Plus, someone else mentioned in here they cared if she was back on the last page, so, it's not that ridiculous a question is it?
Edit: For the record I've played all the Ratchet games, just because I asked about Talwyn doesn't mean I haven't :/

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Goddammit...if anybody with a debug PS3 is reading this, PM me where you have to place the PKG file on the memory stick in order for the machine to install it. I've tried everything! It's driving me nuts.

I swear I just had it working with Marvel vs. Capcom 2, and two weeks later and I already don't remember what to do.

Unless I totally forgot, we never found out exactly what happened to her father, Max Apogee(spelling?) so I've been wondering if that will come up again.

noah111

Still Alive
TripOpt55 said:
Well, sure I know what you mean, but they've actually had Talwyn around for both PS3 games, so I figured they'd keep her around. I was kind happy they kept any female character around for multiple games. Would it have really made sense for me to expect any of the PS2 characters to make a return at this point? Not really. Plus, someone else mentioned in here they cared if she was back on the last page, so, it's not that ridiculous a question is it?
Edit: For the record I've played all the Ratchet games, just because I asked about Talwyn doesn't mean I haven't :/
Sure, she's been around for a game and a spin-off, which was basically like additional content for the original title, since it was dealing with the same topics/story from ToD. I still thinks she holds a lot less value character wise then Sasha or even Angela Cross.. I just don't care about her since the story revolving her isn't as interesting tbh.. im sure we'll see her in a future (no pun intended) R&C title, if not in ACiT.

BobTheFork said:
Unless I totally forgot, we never found out exactly what happened to her father, Max Apogee(spelling?) so I've been wondering if that will come up again.
I've been wondering when a lot of past mysteries will come up again (ie solved).. :lol

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
BobTheFork said:

This is also covered. :D

VegaShinra

I want to place a preorder on this game so badly but I'm hoping we get a CE of the game and I'll just preoder that version.

noah111

Still Alive
jstevenson said:
This is also covered. :D
Nice, I assume you're tying a lot of things up since this is the last of the "Future" storyline, right?

gofreak said:
Space shots look great.

Sorry if this has been answered but is there a demo coming soon?
I see that no one answered you, so good timing on that question;

jstevenson said:
There will be a downloadable demo.

No word on before or after release though.. care to clarify JS? :D

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Sentry said:
Nice, I assume you're tying a lot of things up since this is the last of the "Future" storyline, right?

I see that no one answered you, so good timing on that question;

No word on before or after release though.. care to clarify JS? :D

Before release. Will include both Ratchet and Clank gameplay. That is all I will say though!

Maximus.

This just looks stunning. I just started to play Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction and that game is awesome, reminds me of a pixar movie. Cannot wait for this, wow.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Very cool that the space parts are no longer on rails, sort of. It actually sounds good that the y axis is fixed. Getting lost and off track just annoys me.

Can't wait. God I'm sad. 27 years old and looking forward to a cartoony video game :lol

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Dizzan said:
Very cool that the space parts are no longer on rails, sort of. It actually sounds good that the y axis is fixed. Getting lost and off track just annoys me.

Can't wait. God I'm sad. 27 years old and looking forward to a cartoony video game :lol

Heh - come on, it's not bad to be excited about a CG-animated movie when you're 27, right?

*Looks around... then slinks back into the darkness*

Ploid 3.0

jstevenson said:
Heh - come on, it's not bad to be excited about a CG-animated movie when you're 27, right?

*Looks around... then slinks back into the darkness*

Pixar made it cool, free pass.

Top Bottom