• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank |OT| The Game based on the Movie based on the Game

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh for fuck's sake these races are driving me insane. Can't even get through the first Silver Cup. And I've Platinumed the OG R&C so I should know how to do this. -_-;

Famassu
100% likely wrong.
(Today, 05:50 PM)

antitrop

Beat the game yesterday, definitely one of my 3 favorite games of the year that I've played so far (with Dark Souls III and Alienation). I'll for sure be going through Challenge Mode for the Plat, quite looking forward to it, actually.

I was pretty good about spamming the Groovitron all over the place, so I don't think that Trophy will give me much trouble on the second run.

pixelation

The hoverboard is ok, but that 1.35 is a big pain in the ass.
In version 1.03 there is a glitch that makes it easier: as soon as you are first and in the last lap, press options and quit the race. The trophy will unlock regardless if you quit under the 1.35 mark.

*hops on PS4*

Oh for fuck's sake these races are driving me insane. Can't even get through the first Silver Cup. And I've Platinumed the OG R&C so I should know how to do this. -_-;

Really?! I beat all the cups first try. Try using your boost to jump and cut the corners on turns and be sure it fly through the rings.

Qwark

Death by Disco is killing me.

If I start a new game mid way, difficulty challenge, do I keep all my weapons at the start

No! Don't do that, it's a brand new game, so you lose all game progress. Death by Disco was annoying for me too, it actually glitched on me and I had to play through the whole game again and it finally popped when I used it on the final boss (even though I know I had used it on him previously).

I had to play through the whole game again and it finally popped when I used it on the final boss (even though I know I had used it on him previously).
Someone earlier in the thread said that the Death by Disco counter resets with each playthrough, and that's my experience as well. That'd explain why it popped with the final boss (which it did for me too).

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
That is super bullshit. The most bullshit race I've ever encountered.

I'm not saying the AI was terrible because it was impossible to beat, I'm saying it's terrible because of how you can literally just not try until the last 10 seconds and then boost past everyone. That's hilariously bad.

It is hard for me to deal with that when trying to get the trophy though. I can get under 1:35 consistently, I just don't quite nail the ending as I should and get rubberband'd

This for me. Just aggravating and a massive wart on what is otherwise a well devised character-action game. Sadly, my frustration for completion has stymied my impressions of the experience to the point that I kind of don't want to even boot up the game in the near term and have those missing objectives still staring me in the face. Just a really obnoxiously programmed minigame in its current state.

Someone earlier in the thread said that the Death by Disco counter resets with each playthrough, and that's my experience as well. That'd explain why it popped with the final boss (which it did for me too).

Didn't happen to me, got it after I use the Groovitron on
Ms. Zurkun

The Flash

Banned
So I picked up the game today not having played any R&C game and knowing very little about the franchise aside from things covered in a Did You Know Gaming episode. After playing for an hour or so I have to say that this is one of the most "fun" games that I've played this year. The gameplay is tight, the controls are properly responsive, the game is gorgeous and pleasing to look at, and the characters are fun and voiced very well. My only experience with Insomniac games up until now was Sunset Overdrive and it's very clear to see where a lot of the good elements of that game came from. Just plain old simple fun.

Tenouttaten

So I recently finished Deplantizer sequence 1 and headed to the next planet, how far am I from the end?

I'm hoping to finish before UC4 is here for me on Tuesday.

Death by Disco is killing me.

If I start a new game mid way, difficulty challenge, do I keep all my weapons at the start

Death by disco does not stack through playthroughs. I learned this lesson the hardway on the way to my platinum when it took me five runs before I realized that. You have to get it in one run

Death by Disco stacked across playthroughs for me. I got it on my return trip to Rilgar when I used the Groovinator on a fish in the sewers after draining the water.

I got the platinum for this after finally cutting corners enough on that stupid Rilgar hoverboard race to sneak by.

So completely blind to this... How does it rank in the series? I told myself I was going to beat all previous games before playing this but I got a tad bit burnt out on Up Your Arsenal. Should I pick this up to experience it with everyone or wait till I finish the rest of the series?

Qwark

I'm pretty sure this isn't the case because a lot of people have reported that they got it after using the Groovitron on a one-off enemy or a boss. But, it does reset if you start a new game outside of the challenge mode new game +.

It's supposed to stack, didn't for me though, obviously.

Planet

For those where DBD popped only on the second run's final boss: maybe you didn't make him dance before in the very same try where you beat him? If you died, then killed him without Groovytron, it might very well haven't been registered.

For me, the trophy was completed on Aridia in challenge mode. The flame thrower bot was the final target. Didn't really expect it that early.

The hoverboard is ok, but that 1.35 is a big pain in the ass.
In version 1.03 there is a glitch that makes it easier: as soon as you are first and in the last lap, press options and quit the race. The trophy will unlock regardless if you quit under the 1.35 mark.

Don't even have to be in first place.

I quit right before the finish line, while still in 2nd place, at about 1:37 and still got the trophy.

Qwark

For those where DBD popped only on the second run's final boss: maybe you didn't make him dance before in the very same try where you beat him? If you died, then killed him without Groovytron, it might very well haven't been registered.

For me, the trophy was completed on Aridia in challenge mode. The flame thrower bot was the final target. Didn't really expect it that early.

Mine didn't even pop on the second run, I had to do a third run just for that trophy, and I spammed the groovitron on the second run final boss without dying. Every stage of the boss I tossed out multiple groovitrons. But on my third run, it popped immediately after I threw my first groovitron in the fight. I think the trophy has issues.

GOOCHY

Don't even have to be in first place.

I quit right before the finish line, while still in 2nd place, at about 1:37 and still got the trophy.

That explains why it popped for me then. I did the same thing en route to the platinum. Fine by me, I think that trophy is kind of cheap, myself.

lt519

Death by disco does not stack through playthroughs. I learned this lesson the hardway on the way to my platinum when it took me five runs before I realized that. You have to get it in one run

This isn't true, it just has to be one save file. I got it on like the fourth planet on my second play through against some random Blarg soldier.

For people having trouble with the races, drop the difficulty way down so you don't have to deal with rubber banding. Save crates for second and third lap because you don't need them the first lap. Hit all shortcuts and in the first race the only corner you need to cut is the one before the big jump. You should be dropping off the top ramp and headed at an angle that is perfect for hitting a box stack of 9 and angling over the corner with a boost jump. One trick per jump is more than enough if you are hitting the rings and enough boxes. I even hit a few mines and ran out of boost and still got there in time.

burn.money

Neo Member
Death by Disco only carries over after the first run of the game. only because small enemies are the only ones to respawn. so the first challenge mode play through your enemy count will carry over. if you start a third run its a complete wipe on the progress. atleast this was the last i knew.

Famassu

So is there some trick to getting all the Ryno cards or what? I've got all the normal ones and all but two RYNO cards (I'm missing the middle one from both RYNO & RYNO3). I've got 75 duplicates so far and am upto Quartu on my second playthrough. Can you get them from anywhere or is there a specific world I need to get them from or?

GeeTeeCee

So is there some trick to getting all the Ryno cards or what? I've got all the normal ones and all but two RYNO cards (I'm missing the middle one from both RYNO & RYNO3). I've got 75 duplicates so far and am upto Quartu on my second playthrough. Can you get them from anywhere or is there a specific world I need to get them from or?

Have you won the two gold hoverboard races? I think you get one RYNO card for each.

Famassu

Ok, so my race failings were pretty much thanks to not taking shortcuts through corners (well, the first one, out of frustration towards that one I didn't even try the second beyond the bronze cup), maybe a little bit of tiredness as well.

I was doing everything near perfectly in the first one (I did tricks whenever I had a chance, took the quickest non-cheaty routes, went through all the boost-filling gates, didn't hit any obstacles, didn't "waste" hitting boxes etc.) yet I was still failing to get to first place and getting a good enough time for the race for some reason. As soon as I started jumping through corners (especially the U-turn after the big jump before the jump prior to the finish line, boost-jumping that saves so much precious time), I had no problems after that, got it on my second or third try. The second race was actually piss easy, both getting 1st place & the trophy time. Got something like 1:43, which is well under the 2:05 time needed.

Anyhoo, I'm now on my third playthrough. After not having to worry about the races anymore, I speeded towards the end. Still had most of my weapons under lvl 10 (some as low as 7), so I used the second to last boss fight to lvl them up. That worked REALLY well. At times I got level ups to different weapons, like, every 10-15 seconds. Still have to level up the sheepgun to lvl 10 since leveling that didn't work in a boss fight (it's lvl 9 about 50% exp to the next level) and get Ratchet's HP to 200 (180 atm). Started a 3rd playthrough so I wouldn't have to farm for exp in some single spot, rather play through the worlds for as long as necessary than grind in one spot, even if it takes longer. Basically I'm speed-running my way through the game using only Goatinator to lvl that up to 10.

EDIT: AAaaaand, that's a Platinum. It took until Batalia to get Ratchet to 200HP.

Varg

Banned
Fuck off with that trespasser achievement insomniac !!! Next time don't make it so easy to fucking hit the auto hack by accident on the last damn puzzle !!!

I have 27/28 gold bolts... because stupid gold bolt on Kalebo III glitched out on me, now i am praying that it's there on my challenge mode playthrough... if not... there'll be... RIOTS!!!
Which one? It took me forever to realize the one I was missing was on the hoverboard track.

pixelation

Which one? It took me forever to realize the one I was missing was on the hoverboard track.

It's the one that sits in a balcony pretty early in the beginning of the level. you can spot it fairly easily. I got it but it didn't register... i got the animation and all. But after checking the map it still says that the gold bolt is there... it's not. I changed planets, turned game off and on... gave up and started challenge mode and hope that when i get to Kalebo III again it will be there this time and register properly. *crosses fingers*

And done!

Got all the Gold Bolts, got all the RYNO cards, used the RYNO on the final boss, unlocked Challenge Mode.

And as much as I'd love to start Challenge Move, Uncharted 4 is calling my name!

Looking forward to the next R&C.

Fuck off with that trespasser achievement insomniac !!! Next time don't make it so easy to fucking hit the auto hack by accident on the last damn puzzle !!!
What? When I used it it kept saying "are you sure? You won't get trophies if you do", giving me a chance to back out.

snitsky

It's the one that sits in a balcony pretty early in the beginning of the level. you can spot it fairly easily. I got it but it didn't register... i got the animation and all. But after checking the map it still says that the gold bolt is there... it's not. I changed planets, turned game off and on... gave up and started challenge mode and hope that when i get to Kalebo III again it will be there this time and register properly. *crosses fingers*
I looked forever for that as well. It's actually on the race track in the tunnel of the second short cut. It runs through the building where the first bolt was, so it looks like it's in the same spot on the map.

Top Bottom