• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank PS4 is the fastest selling game to date in the series

Rflagg

Good news game is amazing and well made games should sell well. :) I also hope this shows that a lower price point can be effective as well.

Shahed

Felt really good to play it. It wasn't as good as A Crack in Time, but then again few games are. The game wasn't as funny, the story wasn't as good, there wasnt much platforming and as much variety. And the Clank puzzles werent as good as the amazing Time stuff either. That doesn't mean it was bad. It was still really good, just not as good as A Crack in Time which was one of my favourite PS3 games.

I'm hoping with the next Ratchet game they won't have to coincide with a movie. I felt that held back the game somewhat.

Vinc

Felt really good to play it. It wasn't as good as A Crack in Time, but then again few games are. The game wasn't as funny, the story wasn't as good, there wasnt much platforming and as much variety. And the Clank puzzles werent as good as the amazing Time stuff either. That doesn't mean it was bad. It was still really good, just not as good as A Crack in Time which was one of my favourite PS3 games.

I'm hoping with the next Ratchet game they won't have to coincide with a movie. I felt that held baxk the game somewhat.

It was a pretty good idea though, sharing the assets and splitting the cost between the game and movie. But I agree, I hope the next one is fully original!

I'm pleasantly surprised the demand for a linear 3D platformer is this high. Much-less R&C whose brand isn't exactly proving to be the talk of the town.

Well, I'm happy. Maybe this brings back other classic plaformers. Always looking for good games to play with the kids.

And gloss over the best galaxy and best weapons corporation? Nah. I need to see my chainsaw spider robots in PS4 level prettiness.

Though I'd rather them just leave this continuity behind and do an ItN sequel.
Set in the Bogon galaxy pls

Loudninja

Its doing well bros.
Thank you for making Ratchet & Clank #2 at North American retail in April. The best-ever launch for the franchise: http://venturebeat.com/2016/05/12/a...tchet-clank-lead-as-gaming-industry-drops-15/ …
https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/730889686688792576

not sure what the final NPD number is (versus my data), but it's the fastest selling Ratchet yet.

Add the crazy digital share in and we definitely are way ahead of any other Ratchet game's first 3 weeks.

Espada

Fuck yes! Hopefully this sends a clear sign to Sony that the franchise is healthy and deserving of a $60 stand alone entry. Insomniac did a great job with the game even while being chained to the movie's framework.

It helps that the game is a really good entry point for new or younger fans.

Fuck yes! Hopefully this sends a clear sign to Sony that the franchise is healthy and deserving of a $60 stand alone entry. Insomniac did a great job with the game even while being chained to the movie's framework.

It helps that the game is a really good entry point for new or younger fans.

The price will be interesting going foreward. The game (and I assume the probable sequel) definately ''deserve'' a full price tag, 20$ less per copy is a lot of cash to lose. But it's impossible to know how big of a boost the 40$ tag gives. We already have seen with stuff like Puppeteer that it obviously doesn't automatically translate to sales. After such great sales there certainly will be a temptation to ask for a normal price for the sequel.

It also makes me wonder why Sony decided to launch something like LBP3 at full price when they have AFAIK taken the 40 dollar approach to all their recent kid games like Sly and Puppeteer. Knack being the another exeption I guess.

Top Bottom