• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RE7 Not a Hero Gameplay Trailer

I'm curious how the FPS will feel when you potentially have more capable weaponry and more resources.

The thing that made RE7 enjoyable in that perspective is because for a lot of the game you are under supplied and the kind of shoddy gunplay added to the tension in a first person perspective.

Will be playing regardless.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Yes it is, as is the other upcoming horror-based DLC, End of Zoe (though Not a Hero is free, End of Zoe is paid DLC and last bit of the Season Pass, both release on the same day).

Great. Looking forward to both but especially EoZ, as that's supposed to be the more horror-focused one.

Spinky

Enough with the goddamn Molded.

New Chris voice is actually alright, sounds more like Roger Craig Smith than I thought. Feels really weird seeing Chris do stuff in this somewhat Westernized, realistic-ish RE world.

Looks OK gameplay-wise, but I wonder if the raised expectations after the delay will do more harm than good.

Shredderi

Oh, great, more tar guys to shoot.

Shooting that same enemy over and over and over in the later parts of RE7 were the worst part of the game.

My opinion: The game was *SUBBLIIIMMEE* during the main house portion, and after that it became shit.

It's good that it's free but I doubt I'll even bother. I simply hated the action portions of RE7.

Agreed. The main house section of the game was fucking AWESOME, but after that it wasn't even "pretty good" anymore. It was kind of a slog with an endless repetition of the fucking molded enemies which were boring as fuck from the beginning. Give me your garden variety zombies anyday over those fuckers. Damn the house section was good, sad that the quality dropped like it did after that.

Otnopolit

Not sure where all the negativity comes from. This looks like more RE7 plus punches to me, which really isn't a bad thing.

It looks like RE7 with none of the interesting gameplay elements present playing with Ethan (nemesis like enemies, puzzles, tension). I'll dive in as a fan of the game, but look it how bland it looks visually, all of the color choices are dull and muted and the chromatic effect makes it look even worse.

Yes it is, as is the other upcoming horror-based DLC, End of Zoe (though Not a Hero is free, End of Zoe is paid DLC and last bit of the Season Pass, both release on the same day).

sweeet. finished the game in VR recently and i need more asap. it's mindblowing in VR and i never got enough..

And to think, this is AFTER they went back and said they wanted to up the quality of the DLC.

Imagine what it looked like before.

Meh, not a single new enemy? At the end that's just a huge bloater.

Can't wait to play more RE7, but this probably isn't going to win anyone over who isn't already on board.

nowhoney

The combat in RE:7 was my least favourite part of the game -- it doesn't help that it's the same enemies from before.

The sprinting looks super weird too. In those opening seconds where he sprints, the movement looks all whacked out because he's not moving fast enough. Come to think of it, that kinda annoyed me when playing as Ethan -- although it looks far more apparent here.

...I hope there are quite a few new enemies because gunning through the same hordes of molded we've fought all through every bit of RE7 is gonna get real old, real fast, even with the melee stuff. And the mines were not a very cool environment.

This looks like DOOM: Ambien Edition.

blakep267

Eh I mean from a First person shooter standpoint that's pretty bland and boring gameplay. I know it's not supposed to be doom or halo destiny etc but that didn't look fun at all

I like the counter moves and melee but like others have mentioned it looks overpowered. I'm still hoping for more movement options like a dodge or running slide.

Something definitely feels off about it. Likes it's already too easy and yet we'll still have to struggle through narrow FOV and slow movement.

It's almost like they needed to go full Doom speed and movement options to make it look interesting or fun. No need to mention the enemy variety problem. I'll still play it.

JayEH

Looks decent. New Chris voice...why change if you're going to sound like RCS? RE and their inconsistent voices...

The molded suuuuck.

Best part of RE7 was roaming around a fully-3D detailed environment which felt a lot like the old pre-rendered games. Needed better enemy encounters.

KyleCross

Well the new voice does sounds like RCS, why not just use him again instead?
That's Capcom's MO. Various voice actors that have have been brought on to established roles were directed to mimic the previous voice talent. D.C. Douglas was instructed to mimic the previous two Wesker VAs and Matthew Mercer was directed to do his best Paul Mercier.

KDC720

For a freebie it looks alright, hopefully it can close up the loose ends with Lucas and explain why Chris isn't in the BSAA anymore.

RE7 combat was fine for a survival horror game, but it doesn't look like it translated well over to the DLC, it looked really slow and stiff but maybe I've just been spoiled by RE 4,5,and 6 combat. I also play a lot of shooters in general so maybe its just my high expectations for FPS combat.

Also the mines were the worst section of the main game and the molded are boring, always done for some more Lucas puzzles though.

strafer

Yup also has the RE5 Mercenaries music as his theme.
Graphic issues aside at least they got Chris pretty well.

Just looked up some videos, it's so surreal.

In Vendetta we got a great looking Chris but wrong voice actor.

In RE7 we got a different looking Chris with a new voice actor.

In MvC we got a great looking Chris and RCS.

Shame it had to be in a fighting game.

Looks real bad IMO

Much more hope for End of Zoe, I love action RE but this looks like a generic FPS made from a horror game mold. Same generic enemies with a boring ass environment. Glad it's free

Tonally, this is absolutely nothing like ANY RE, not even 7 much
Tonally we can't tell anything so I don't understand what you mean.
Looks good

Top Bottom