• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RE7 Not a Hero Gameplay Trailer

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Huh. Either my ears are deceiving me or it sounds like they hired Roger Craig Smith for the voice again .. that or the new VO is trying his best impersonation.

I just finished RE7 last night and I hated that last mine section. It was a slog to get through so I can't say I'm excited for more of it.

But, it's free. So I'll dive in anyways

SpokkX

Looks real bad IMO

Much more hope for End of Zoe, I love action RE but this looks like a generic FPS made from a horror game mold. Same generic enemies with a boring ass environment. Glad it's free

Tonally, this is absolutely nothing like ANY RE, not even 7 much

I agree. Free but looks really bad

adamsapple

I still didn't play RE7, but this looked pretty cool to me, except for that sprinting animation.

The main RE7 doesn't get this action-ey, for the first 3 quarters it's much more akin to playing Outlast with weapons .. and unless you're playing on Easy, the enemies definitely don't go down as easily as you see in this video.

rtcn63

What if the large bloater has the ability to curl into a ball and roll towards you at high speeds?

Like most, just seeing the molded in the trailer is enough to make me remember how much I fucking hate their design. It's borderline irrational.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
When are we gonna get another Jill game? Its been 15 years since she was the protagonist of an RE game, 18 if you don't count REmake, does that seem a little mental to anyone else?

adamsapple

When are we gonna get another Jill game? Its been 15 years since she was the protagonist of an RE game, 18 if you don't count REmake, does that seem a little mental to anyone else?

RE: Revelations came out in 2012 and starred Jill.

Dude this looks awesome

I'm sure it'd get old, probably isn't that long, but good stuff

Would've been kind of fun if they had this be the end of the game for full power fantasy after the survival horror stuff, though I'm sure it throws off the pacing. I guess it's technically the ending though? lol

Gbraga

I still want a Jill and Sheva co-op action RE.

The main RE7 doesn't get this action-ey, for the first 3 quarters it's much more akin to playing Outlast with weapons .. and unless you're playing on Easy, the enemies definitely don't go down as easily as you see in this video.

I see. I can see why people would be disappointed then. Though I'd argue that it was to be expected from a Chris DLC.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I'm not sure I would want one, they will just change her looks again, and voice actress.

What's the point.

They changed Chris' look because he resembled a plastic WWF action figure from the 90's, the new one is an improvement. Jill has always been relatively normal looking.

I'd love for Jill (best character) to lead a good RE again.

I just replayed RE3 and it really made me question why it's been so long since she has been the lead in a numbered RE game.

Peroroncino

That punch attack looks weak and slow as fuck, counter looks even worse. Don't bother trying to emulate action RE with this lame camera perspective, it just looks silly.

BBboy20

This still sounds so dumb.
I'm still not getting why any sane person would want to use that name again.

And why is Chris personally using Wesker's gun?

My theory of 7 being a secret reboot set in an alternative timeline is starting to sound like the better direction.

Markitron

I'm still not getting why any sane person would want to use that name again.

And why is Chris personally using Wesker's gun?

My theory of 7 being a secret reboot set in an alternative timeline is starting to sound like the better direction.

I'm gonna wait for the official in-game explanation before getting too pissed about it. I still expect to be pissed off though.

This is kinda what I expected--a molded shooting gallery in the mines. I hope there's a little more to it than this, but that won't stop me from running through it day1. I don't mind having a reason to go back to RE7.

I just replayed RE3 and it really made me question why it's been so long since she has been the lead in a numbered RE game.
Early on it makes sense when you look at it game by game

RE1 Chris, Jill
RE2 - Claire, Leon
RE3 - Jill(first repeat, face of the series at the time)
CV - Claire, Chris (Claire repeats 1 game later, Chris skipped 2 before his repeat)
RE4 - Leon(like Chris, skipped 2 before repeating)
RE5* - Chris, Jill(was time to finish Wesker's plot so Chris got the push, Jill was inserted for personal motivation but that also took an appearance slot)
Rev1 - Jill, Chris (Jill was specifically used to make up for her RE5 appearance and that she wasn't in 6)
RE6 - Chris, Leon (Capcom wanted the 2 alpha males to push marketing, Chris got the first back-to-back. Also coming after both had their effectively solo lead games)

*Jill got screwed as a product of the racism allegations against RE5, Jill was going to be featured far more prominently but they shifted directions by not only keeping it completely co-op but keeping Sheva with Chris the entire time.

Lettuce

This reads like a terrible trump tweet. Looks great, it's only 3 minutes of the whole scenario. I'm sure it will have its moments.

If your going to do a 3 minutes gameplay trailer then surely you would show all aspect of gameplay not just one type.

The fact that he put on a helmet at the very start of the video and the look of the UI i think its obvious what this DLC is going to be all about!, action action action. Which is you like that stuff fair enough the only issue is the gun play wasnt great in RE7 in the first place

kodecraft

It looks like a methodically paced Doom. I'll play it for the story.

I don't get the comparisons to Doom in here at all. Just because Chris can stomp and punch enemies doesn't make it Doom.

Hm, it definitely seems like free DLC that was probably originally just part of the base game that was cut.

I have a feeling it will be short too. I like to run everywhere in RE7 and I will here too. Once, saving the soldiers and getting through scripted moments I can see it being over fast.

I hope this or End Of Zoe sets up RE8 though.

All in all, the trailer was boring.

Lettuce

It looks more like RE4-style methodical crowd control, but in first persob tbh

True but then RE4 had a nice variety of enemies for your to shoot, if there using similar enemies found in RE7 then its going to get tiresome shooting the same looking enemy over and over again

Looks nothing like my favourites parts of RE7 (as in everything pre-boat), so probs won't jump back in unless the reviews are high. I want more psychological terror, not zombie shooting gallery.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Was this originally intended to be the final piece of paid content in the Season Pass or is that something else? The Steam Store page mentions all content will be released by the end of December and it's more than a little suspicious that this is releasing on the 12th.

Edit: Answered.

Anung

Un Rama
Looks pretty decent. I'm glad hand to hand is back and using the guard/parry as a way to open up melee combat is great.

Still not a fan of the new voice/face but do like the complete indifference he has towards fighting these monsters.

Top Bottom