• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-Gaf Community |OT2| Sponsored by Leadbelly the Impaler

Davedough

I've decided......

6K9YR.jpg

.... Ramen noodle toupee!

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Soon there will be an invasion of the Pod People. :O We had a lot of fun today.

Anyone think they might want to be interviewed next week? :3

Stop.

Now.

You're going to look and smell gross in the short-term, look and smell even grosser in the long-term, to say nothing of what will happen to your health.

Yeah, I agree, I wasn't planning on having it be a long term thing (yeah I know, lawl etc.). Apparently dumb, self-destructive ideas seem good when I'm feeling really shitty.

Acid08

Banned
Goddamnit, why did I start smoking? I mean it's not going to be too hard to quit, it's only really been for a week, but fuck. I'm an idiot.
Yeah, plz stop. It's too late for me but save yourself!!!

I have one left in my pack now, really want to make a serious effort at quitting. No matter what garbage someone feeds you about it not being a big deal, quitting is fucking HARD after it becomes a habit.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Yeah, plz stop. It's too late for me but save yourself!!!

I have one left in my pack now, really want to make a serious effort at quitting. No matter what garbage someone feeds you about it not being a big deal, quitting is fucking HARD after it becomes a habit.

I quit maybe 3 years ago, but awhile back took a drag off of an e-cig and was quite impressed!

Maybe consider buying one with the non-nicotine juice? Seems a great way to quit.

Riggs

Banned
Never have I really been a part of this community but I'll try. Think I posted this in last thread but not sure. Here is me and I was really fucking smashed the night this pic was taken.

Btw DavidDough started the Coolio incident.

And it was fucking glorious

Glorious it was. Been we have not even begun, time to take shit over.

Thanks guys ><

Oh, I'm pretty sure I walked past the guy who I accidentally gave my number. Hopefully he noticed my being touchy feely with other people and this whole thing has sorted itself out :p

What was the event?

Japanese Ball :D

I heard there was some kind of earthquake on the west coast of NA, is everyone okay?

Acid08

Banned
MORE COMIC RECOMMENDATIONS? HOLD THE FUCK UP, ARE YOU CRAZY ACID?!?!?!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES I AM

Multiple Warheads: Alphabet To Infinity

Written & drawn by Brandon Graham. Picked this up on a whim because I liked the art style on the cover and was pleasantly surprised at how cool it is. Do I like it? Yes. Do I necessarily understand it? Not a fucking chance. The story is about a former organ smuggler and her Werewolf boyfriend driving across future Russia. The story at large hasn't really been revealed yet but the incredible art has me buying it. This is a four issue miniseries and, as I found out after purchase, there have been two other series centered around these characters: Multiple Warheads(no subtitle) and King City. The world presented is fully realized and it has it proved to be a little difficult to grasp on the first read. Definitely want to keep reading.

Multiple-Warheads_Alphabet-to-Infinity_1-420x645.jpg

Multiple-Warheads.jpg

untitled-1-1351052276.jpg

Bulletproof Coffin

Written by David Hine with art from Shaky Kane. A friend lent me the tpb of this 6 issue series and WOW OMG YEEEEEEEEES it was amazing. Here's the small synopsis from Image's website:

Steve Newman cleans house for the dead until the day he stumbles upon a collection of comic books that shouldn't exist. Dinosaurs, zombies, provocative women and a hero willing to give up his life for his dreams.

So the story centers around the comics of a seemingly defunct comic book publisher and their two most influential creators(named Hine and Kane :p). The company went out of business a long time ago but Steve finds a collection of comics that are numbered past where they were supposed to have stopped. The mystery just grows and grows but the weirdness never feels out of hand. There is constant mind fuckery going on but you never lose grasp of the story at large. It just flows perfectly from page to page, I definitely read it all in one sitting with no intention to. Intertwined with the issues are "real" ads from the fake comics. Stuff like the mail order junk you could send in for in the back of books and cutout paper figures. There is a second volume that was released later but the collection of the first 6 issues is a complete and amazingly crazy story. HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

bulletproof-coffin-4.jpg

BulletproofCoffin_preview_2.jpg

BC_08.jpg

Hawkeye

Written by Matt Fraction with art by David Aja. By far the best comic Marvel is publishing right now. Why is that? For once they're allowing something unique to be done with their characters instead of just trying to mash them all into brain dead crossovers. The beginning of each issue reads:

hawkeye became the greatest sharp-shooter known to man.
he then joined the avengers.
this is what he does when he's not being an avenger.
that's all you need to know.

Clint(Hawkeye), the always awesome Kate Bishop, and Pizza Dog(the best character) are the central characters. The main antagonists, so far, are a gang of eastern Europeans who keep popping up in Clint's life. Fraction's writing goes a long way to making what is a pretty simple story and concept so charming. Not enough can be said about Aja though. It's not just his amazing art but the way he lays out the panels and incorporates different effects into the transitions is just stupendous and genuinely entertaining. I guess that's the bottom line with this book, it's all around just enjoyable as fuck. Every part of it works well with the other parts, can't hype it enough. It's only on the third issue but it's already getting hard to find. I was incredibly lucky to find a #1 of my very own last week *high fiving a million angels*

hawkeye-covers.jpg

hawkeye1.jpg

Hawkeye_Aja.png

tumblr_mc2fwcVf721qz8qfno1_500.jpg

We3

Written by Grant Morrison with art by Frank Quitely. This super short(three issues) series is about a government program that is designing organic weapons to take the place of humans on the battlefield. What organic creatures are they using you may be asking yourself. Well, house pets of course! Cybernetically and psychologically enhanced animals are being groomed into being the first of these weapons. The story focuses on a cat, dog, and rabbit trio. As you can imagine everything does not go right for the government as they made the animals just too good at what they're designed to do. It's incredibly violent and surprisingly touching in spots with some fucking fantastic art from Quitely. Short, brutal, and captivating.

61_98937_0_WE30.jpg

We3%201.JPG

we3.jpg

Now here's something that I'm reading that is neat....but I can't necessarily recommend it yet. I bought the tpb(issues 1-5) and, while I like it and all, it doesn't really get going until issue 5. 6 has yet to receive a release date :(

Mudman

Writing and art by Paul Grist. Pretty simple set up: high schooler gets mud based powers under mysterious circumstances and has trouble dealing with just what the hell is going on. The book is super low key and methodical but the cool art and interesting characters have me interested enough to keep reading. I feel like this is a book that some people might really love though.

2653317-01_super.jpg

mudman4b+mudslide.jpg

mudman4c+rejected.jpg

mudman2a+mud+heals+all.jpg

Special offer to Real-Gaf peeps! I'd love to share some of my comics with ya'll! They're meant to be read dammit, not just sit on my shelf! So I think a deal like this would be good: I'll pay for shipping to you if you're willing to pay shipping back to me! Willing to ship as much stuff that'll fit into a flat rate envelope. Simple right? I have some good stuff(all the Saga and Manhattan Projects issues from my last post, just sayin' :p) that I'm sure most of you would enjoy! If you're interested just shoot me a PM :). Special shouts to Pau for recommending The Red Wing to me, amazing series!

Acid08

Banned
I heard there was some kind of earthquake on the west coast of NA, is everyone okay?

I think it's supposed hit near Vancouver. Apparently a lot of that area is built on loose soil so it's not a good situation. It's the same thing here is the Bay Area, SF specifically. Built on a fucking land fill basically. At least the bridges are way more reinforced after the '89 quake.

leadbelly

Banned
You wore that dress again shan. :O

I can actually see what you look like properly in these pics though (lol). Yeah, you look beautiful/hot. The dress really suits you.

I don't think I've ever really made an idiot of myself when drunk. I get the physical effects of alcohol, but it doesn't really affect my behaviour all that much. I've never really forgot things when drunk either. I think some people just say they forgot everything when they did something especially embarrassing or bad.

Having said that, I had a friend who lost his memory. He might have been spiked though. He is one of those people that alcohol does strange things to. When he gets really drunk he will always say something or do something. A bit of a nightmare. Anyway, the one night he was out with a group of people (I wasn't there) and he had disappeared. One of my friends saw him outside, crawling along the floor on his hands and knees. He went out there and tried to pick him up. He lashed out at him and said, "fuck off and leave me alone!". My other friend basically thought fuck it and went back inside. Later on they went outside and he was gone.

The next day I actually went to this kid's house to learn that he had lost his wallet. A bunch of money, his credit cards, everything. What made it worse was he couldn't remember where he had been that night or how he got home. He had no idea if the wallet was just lost or stolen. The last my friends had seen of him he was outside the pub. So there was a period of time where he was on his own. It was pretty unnerving for him, that's for sure. Must be a horrible feeling to not know where you have been, what you were doing, or anything. Especially considering he lost his wallet during that time.

You wore that dress again shan. :O

I can actually see what you look like properly in these pics though (lol). Yeah, you look beautiful/hot. The dress really suits you.
Shan couldn't get any more adorable.

You'll forget about it when you start telling everything you did in a funny manner. Laugh about yourself a little.

I don't know how much you know about waking up drunk after such a night (I'm an expert).

Special offer to Real-Gaf peeps! I'd love to share some of my comics with ya'll! They're meant to be read dammit, not just sit on my shelf! So I think a deal like this would be good: I'll pay for shipping to you if you're willing to pay shipping back to me! Willing to ship as much stuff that'll fit into a flat rate envelope. Simple right? I have some good stuff(all the Saga and Manhattan Projects issues from my last post, just sayin' :p) that I'm sure most of you would enjoy! If you're interested just shoot me a PM :). Special shouts to Pau for recommending The Red Wing to me, amazing series!
I'd be totes into this, but I'd be too worried about messing them up :C
If your podcast isnt awkward as fuck I'm going to be disappointed.

Who the fuck is this guy?

Top Bottom