• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-Gaf Community |OT2| Sponsored by Leadbelly the Impaler

Acid08

Banned
Well that depends on whether the break is being payed by your employer or if it's in your 'own' time.
True but lunches usually aren't paid and that's what it sounds like these are. You're supposed to get a paid break during your shifts too.

Linius

True but lunches usually aren't paid and that's what it sounds like these are. You're supposed to get a paid break during your shifts too.

Yeah, over here the same. I get a 30 minutes lunch break during which I don't get payed. And an extra 15 minutes 'coffee break' if I work the eight hour shift. So I'm basically 8,5 hours at work but I get paid for eight.

dralla

Yeah, over here the same. I get a 30 minutes lunch break during which I don't get payed. And an extra 15 minutes 'coffee break' if I work the eight hour shift. So I'm basically 8,5 hours at work but I get paid for eight.

My old job was like that as well, 8.5 hour shift. 30 minutes for lunch, 15 minute paid break.

The thing is there's no set lunch break or anything. People do whatever they want as long as they got their work done. Honestly, I only look a break on one of the days. An hour break is too long for me, I get bored and don't know what to do.

I can leave a comment on the time entering form. I'll put down 40 hours for the week but leave a note saying I'm not sure how it's handled and to correct it if necessary. It has to be approved by my boss of course. I feel like it's the best option.

edit. I also forgot, I was hired through a staffing agency. The staffing agency pays me, not the people I work for. So I'm not sure how that affects everything

Linius

My old job was like that as well, 8.5 hour shift. 30 minutes for lunch, 15 minute paid break.

The thing is there's no set lunch break or anything. People do whatever they want as long as they got their work done. Honestly, I only look a break on one of the days. An hour break is too long for me, I get bored and don't know what to do.

I can leave a comment on the time entering form. I'll put down 40 hours for the week but leave a note saying I'm not sure how it's handled and to correct it if necessary. It has to be approved by my boss of course. I feel like it's the best option.

Worst case scenario you don't get anything extra, but at least your boss knows you're not cheating on hours. Seems the right thing to do indeed.

edit: I work trough an staffing agency as well. But for me it's super simple, the bosses check if I arrive on time. And when I leave they write down my time on a piece of paper which I sign and they hand that over to the staffing agency.

Linius

I work a production job btw but I managed to crawl up the ladder to foreman so I can boss some people around. Biggest plus being I don't have to be concerned with actual production work all the time anymore. Since it's a student job on the side I won't be going any higher than that, but it's much better than what I was doing before :p

MutFox

Banned
WTF, this is the same gang as the other thread... LOL

gy4Zl6N.png

Top Bottom