• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-Gaf Community |OT2| Sponsored by Leadbelly the Impaler

Davedough

t1357016400z2.png

uQbnF.png

What started out as a fun little social experiment known as Real-Pic January, where NeoGAF participants were asked to shed the veil of anonymity and use their own likenesses as their avatars quickly blossomed into what is now known as the Real-Gaf Community. What is sure to be a yearly thing, Real-Pic January will host another round of eager participants, but when the festivities subside and people slip uncomfortably back into their pseudonyms, Real-Gaf's Community page will always welcome individuals to talk about whatever life throws their way.

Welcome then to the second installment of Real-Gaf Community! Our relatively fast moving thread has reached critical mass and due to NeoGAF regluation, needs to be moved over to a second thread. Ahhh, that new thread smell.

For a detailed history of Real-Gaf, one could visit the original Community page posted by our very own ShockingAlberto here, which includes recollections of the collages made famous by Sentry, videos by yours truly expressing my concerns over the Real-Pic January crew and other various ramblings: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=460796

During the lifespan of that epic thread, something magical happened. Our collective minds spawned a game concept: RPGRPG or Real Pic Gaf Role Playing Game. Hawkian, myself, Lissar and a few others conspired to begin a quest that only GAF could make. Sadly, our collective Attention Deficit Disorder stopped the project shortly after it began. I have to admit, being a part of that was inspiring and such an incredibly fun experience to share with some of the regulars around here. For archival reasons, the fruits of those labors were all put into a webpage developed by Hawkian over here: http://rpg.demigodmode.com/

In October of 2012, ShockingAlberto, in conjunction with Lissar decided to throw caution to the wind and begin the Real-Gaf Podcast. Each installment will have different guest or guests relevant to the Real-Gaf Community and cover some of the life long questions you've never had about any of us in here. Join our host as he attempts to make people cry, Oprah style, in this great podcast: https://cotpp.s3.amazonaws.com/episode1.mp3 In this episode, ShockingAlberto attempts to make Lissar cry by drudging up long lost loves when she was hopelessly devoted to her slavemaster, Sephiroth. Hopefully at some point, ShockingAlberto will have a home to post all of these podcasts collectively so each podcast wont have to be linked on the OP *hint* *hint*.

Episode Lists:

Episode 1 - Lissar
Episode 2 - BillieChu

Amidst all of that, there is one accomplishment that stands out above them all and that is the fantastic artistry given to us by our very own Tence. His uniquely adorable stick figure MS Paint art made for not only a month and more of avatar based fun, but also a new level of community that even the globetrotting EviLore couldn't keep away from. I give you, the Real-Gaf equivelant to the Sistine Chapel.

RKAg7.png

Hey, guys! Thanks to CrudeDiabtribe (whom you should be showering with compliments, gifts, and possible sexual favors depending on sobriety), the database we're using for Secret Santa is finally up. So here's the registration URL:

http://realgafsanta.lonelyfridge.com/registration.php

This is for Real-GAF only, this is not a GAF-at-large Secret Santa. Not anything against anyone else, that would just be too big and unmanageable. So if you're not part of this community, exercise your best judgment. Similarly, don't join if you don't think you can recirporcate presents - this is a big circle of gift-giving to people you hopefully consider friends. We don't want anyone stiffed on this.

OKAY THAT'S ALL THE BAD STUFF OUT OF THE WAY. If you haven't clicked the URL yet, here's what you'll need to be inputting: Your GAF name, your Real Name, your e-mail (don't put a fake one, it is how you will get your Santee information), your address, and any notes and Game Systems you want to add. Try using the last area to put, say, Steam names or what you would like.

The registration will officially close on November 10th, midnight eastern standard time, so you have that long to register. After that, e-mails will be disbursed and everyone will find out who they are buying for. Crude and I will be looking over everything to make sure there are no issues and everyone has a merry Christmas.

But everyone lives in weird places!

Kind of! Luckily, there are options. If you have someone on Steam, you can purchase through there for international people (note that there are rare game exceptions, such as Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, that will not boot up from IPs in Germany, so make sure you double-check on that sort of thing). There are several countries that have their own Amazon delivery, so barring maybe a phone call from your bank, that is a good way to get items to someone.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=487250 - International hubs for Amazon

Usually you can just google "Amazon (country name)" and find what you're looking for and sometimes bigger Amazon hubs may ship to neighboring countries for cheap. So those are your best bets for buying those things for people.

If none of those options work, well...shipping options exist and they might not be TOO expensive. But hopefully it won't come to that. If there is a big problem that just can't be worked around, PM me and I'll see what we can figure out. It will probably involve me talking to the Santee to see what can be done.

But I'm awful at buying presents!

Probably! Most people are! But that's okay! Steam has a wishlist feature if you're going that route. If not, there's a notes section in the registration where hopefully your santee has decided to put what they wanted. And if that doesn't pan out, maybe look through their GAF post history and try and get a feel for what they might want.

And for all the santees, don't be a jerk! People are doing their best to shop for you, so don't get mad if you don't get exactly what you want. We're all friends here, so let's act like it. The important thing is to have fun with it!

Edit: After thinking about it, cap is $75, minimum is $10.

For reasons.

leadbelly

Banned
I say we lock this one and make a third fourth and fifth OT2.

lol

I'm not sure who is making the biggest deal out of it actually. :p

I decided if Dave had spent the time and effort into making a thread he might as well post it. Is that such a big deal to you?

marrec

Banned
lol

I decided if Dave had spent the time and effort into making a thread he might as well post it. Is that such a big deal to you?

We need to heal this schism within the community.

The only way is for you and Dave to fight to the death.

leadbelly

Banned
We need to heal this schism within the community.

The only way is for you and Dave to fight to the death.

lol

Maybe we should have made competing threads instead. Split the community down the middle.

Seriously, though, I spent very little effort into making that thread. I had no qualms about deleting it and letting Dave make the thread he had actually spent time creating. lol

marrec

Banned
lol

Maybe we should have made competing threads instead. Split the community down the middle.

Seriously, though, I spent very little effort into making that thread. I had no qualms about deleting it and letting Dave make the thread he had actually spent time creating. lol

I LOVED THEM BOTH

Now lets get down to the business at hand.

*starts writing Dave and leadbelly erotic fanfiction*

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
lol

there should be seven OT2s!

I hope that you don't think I've been taking any of this seriously to anything remotely resembling a single degree, my good sir :p

leadbelly

Banned
there should be seven OT2s!

I hope that you don't think I've been taking any of thing seriously to anything remotely resembling a single degree, my good sir :p

No. But the jokes seemed to be making a big deal out of me making a big deal. If you get my meaning. lol

I just thought it wasn't that much of a big deal. In fact I did it because it wasn't a big deal. Understand? :D

leadbelly

Banned
For posts totally, I HATE double posting and then having that vestigial post below or above that simply says 'Double'.

For threads though... no way.

Well, yeah. For threads, I guess so too. If the thread was popular, but the OP decided he'd had enough of it, yeah, wouldn't be a good idea.

I've just found that on certain occasions it would have been useful to have a delete button.

Top Bottom