• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-Gaf Community |OT2| Sponsored by Leadbelly the Impaler

Acid08

Banned
Wait, there are new TMNT comics and they are good? I feel like I have been trapped in a bubble. Where do I obtain these and what do I need to be looking for as a jumping in point?
Here's the first trade. the series is published by IDW and Kevin Eastman(one of the original creators) has been co-writing the series. It's really good! And if you read it and like it I'd recommend checking out the Secret History of the Foot Clan mini too, it's amazing and it set up Cityfall, the most current(fucking awesome) arc.

Davedough

I started reading Animal Man but had to put it down because I don't have Swamp Thing and it crosses over pretty hard.

Some of the titles I've been reading, and I've been reading a lot are:

Green Lantern
Green Lantern Corps
New Guardians
Red Lanterns
Aquaman
Justice League
Justice League Dark
Constantine
Superboy
Teen Titans
Animal Man

.... I know I'm forgetting something. Anyway, its a great time for comics right now. Everyone is putting out some quality stuff.

.la1n

Here's the first trade. the series is published by IDW and Kevin Eastman(one of the original creators) has been co-writing the series. It's really good! And if you read it and like it I'd recommend checking out the Secret History of the Foot Clan mini too, it's amazing and it set up Cityfall, the most current(fucking awesome) arc.

Welp guess I know what I am doing for the foreseeable future.

Acid08

Banned
I started reading Animal Man but had to put it down because I don't have Swamp Thing and it crosses over pretty hard.

Green Lantern
Green Lantern Corps
New Guardians
Red Lanterns
Aquaman
Justice League
Justice League Dark
Constantine
Superboy
Teen Titans
Animal Man

.... I know I'm forgetting something. Anyway, its a great time for comics right now. Everyone is putting out some quality stuff.
Yeah Aquaman is awesome! Totally took me by surprise.

Davedough

Yeah Aquaman is awesome! Totally took me by surprise.

I love how everyone jokes on Aquaman. Geoff Johns calls out all the old jabs people take at Aquaman as being a hero and has the general community making fun of him. "Dont you just talk to fish?" or the first issue where he sits down in a seafood restaurant.

Green Lantern
Green Lantern Corps
New Guardians
Red Lanterns
Aquaman
Justice League
Justice League Dark
Constantine
Superboy
Teen Titans
Animal Man

Are you forgetting Hawkguy? 'cause you should be reading that.

I saw the first issue of Sex Criminals and thought about picking it up, but then thought about trying to explain having a comic called Sex Criminals and decided against it.

Davedough

Are you forgetting Hawkguy? 'cause you should be reading that.

I saw the first issue of Sex Criminals and thought about picking it up, but then thought about trying to explain having a comic called Sex Criminals and decided against it.

I have that book on my radar. I've just got a lot of others to get through before I pick up yet another story =)

Edit: And get Sex Criminals. It's just a comic. Think about where music would be if they never listened to Sex Pistols because they were afraid of what people thought?

Ugh, only halfway through the day after being here two months and I'm getting depressed about work again. I need a band. Desperately. Or at least to learn how to write lyrics. At least that way I could go the Mikey Erg route.

Davedough

So my wife accidentally let it out of the bag that I'm getting Rocksmith 2014 for Christmas. Pretty amped about that. Now I guess I gotta get my guitar back in shape.

I've been kind of interested in Rocksmith in a seeing-how-good-I-actually-am kind of way, but it has the problem of me hating 90% of the songs. Also not really wanting to blow £30ish on something used primarily for teaching people something I know how to do.

In other news, alcohol at work is weird.

Acid08

Banned
Does your mom go over your comics purchases or something? :p

Also I finished up Persona 4 Golden this week and hey, guess what, that game is incredible. Worth getting a Vita for just that experience. Now I'm going to jump into Persona 2: Innocent Sin. It's the PSP remake but it's still incredibly archaic in comparison. The real test will be P2: Eternal Punishment though since it's just a straight up PS1 game. I do really want to experience the story of those games though so I'm
hopefully
ready to slog through some of the dated systems and combat.

.la1n

Does your mom go over your comics purchases or something? :p

Also I finished up Persona 4 Golden this week and hey, guess what, that game is incredible. Worth getting a Vita for just that experience. Now I'm going to jump into Persona 2: Innocent Sin. It's the PSP remake but it's still incredibly archaic in comparison. The real test will be P2: Eternal Punishment though since it's just a straight up PS1 game. I do really want to experience the story of those games though so I'm
hopefully
ready to slog through some of the dated systems and combat.

P2: EP holds up well, played it about a year ago. You should enjoy it.

.la1n

Merry Christmas errbody! Everyone get something they wanted?

No, because I didn't want you to be banned :(

Got a nice Fossil watch and some movies / clothes. Not a bad haul. Wasn't interested in anything gaming related this year. Who is making the RPJ thread for 2014?

Lissar

Reluctant Member
January 1st is almost here. Who wants to put up the thread? Might as well do it in the next day or so! I did it last time so I'm off the table.

ZeroRay

Last of Us is good.

But how about them Dolphins, Dave?

Might as well have had Pittsburgh pull out the miracle win if this is what we have to show for it.

Acid08

Banned
Late, but my haul was,

Rocksmith 2014 - PC
Last of Us
A bunch of Miami Dolphins stuff
Some sweaters
A new front grill for my truck
Nice haul!

I wanted one of the new Sharks home jerseys but got new pillows instead. Pretty okay with that though, my pillow situation was very bleak.

Davedough

Last of Us is good.

But how about them Dolphins, Dave?

Might as well have had Pittsburgh pull out the miracle win if this is what we have to show for it.

Fuuuuuuck dude. I mean 7 points in 8 quarters, are you kidding me? If Ross doesn't fire AT LEAST Mike Sherman, I'm going to come down to Miami with a pitchfork and storm the office myself.

As much as I like Philbin, I think he's too soft and too unapathetic towards the team. He's never got any emotion behind him, good or otherwise. Even when they do well, he has a slow methodical clap on the sidelines. I think Philbin was decent at what he did in GB but he wasn't quite ready for prime time when it comes to head coach. Now.... Mike Shula over there at Carolina might come in and shake things up as a new HC. I wouldn't mind also getting the recently thrown off Chud from the Browns as our new OC..... but I'm just dreaming. Ross will inevitably keep Ireland on board and "stay the course" with the rest of the losers that are pretending they're a real NFL team.

dralla

So I finished my first week at my new job and I have to enter in the hours I worked. I worked 8-4 every day but we're given an hour break. Should I enter in that I worked 7 hours a day or 8?

Top Bottom