• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

REAL Media Create Charts: 24 - 30 July

I'm still dissapointed that Bomberman Land tanked. It seemed a lot better than the Bomberman we got here in NA. Tamigotchi 2 sales are about as expected and the only reason I can come up with for the Mushiking bomb is that they've released too many in too little time and the competition is much fiercer this year on handhelds. It'll probably crawl to 100k before Pokemon buries it for good. Good numbers for Derby Stallion considering that most PSP ports/sequels usually take a much larger hit than that.

KINGMOKU

Damn. Guess I was wrong about NSMB. I just cannot believe it has once again gone over 100,000+ copies, in its 10th? week in a row now.

With that said, I'll bet anything that it will dip below 100k next week. No new colors to keep it above that number.*

*That I know of. It has to slow down sooner or later FFS.

P90

Error2k4 said:
the SMT army rejoices Persona 3 has outsold XS3 :)

040703_greek_soccer_hmed.hmedium.jpg

The US will change that situation. :p

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I positively detested Persona:Revelations for PSX.

Were there actually fans of that game?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
John Harker said:
I positively detested Persona:Revelations for PSX.

Were there actually fans of that game?
not many, game wasn't very good.

Persona 2 on the other hand is actually pretty good but Atlus RD&1 current gen output has been nothing short of phenomenal so far compared to their SNES/PS1/Saturn stuff.

Thats an exceptionally good week for xbox360.

Anybody got 360 hardware software LTD.

I though Bullet Witch would sell like 1k. But 9k. I cant believe that tokyo race game sold 6.5k, Isn't it supposed to be dreadful. Woot senko no ronde x 6k. Get a US publisher and I will Buy you. Whats Zegapain and why did it sell 2k?

360 2.25k. Comeone keep going. You can do it. 360 Japan and true underdog story?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
moku said:
*That I know of. It has to slow down sooner or later FFS.

Haha, this post may as well be from a year ago in reference to Brain Training. You just jinxed it -- NSMB will never die.

Jonnyram

parathod said:
I'm still dissapointed that Bomberman Land tanked. It seemed a lot better than the Bomberman we got here in NA.
It's not, it really isn't. The online portion is screwed, and the offline is just that theme park with minigames. I actually prefer the first DS title. Just wish it were online :(

Provider

So Animal Crossing Wild world finaly reached 3 millions in Japan.
That new ad and the movie should help it sell another 500k ^^

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Persona: Revelations was a classic game. The music, story, and battles were insane and what solidified me as an Okada and Atlus R&D1 fan.

However, the game was extremely hard and sported the most insane dungeon navigation. Atlus kept improving on the actual exploration mechanics, but the battle system and art direction were all truly birthed with Persona: Revelations. (Not the crappy SNES / Saturn ones before it)

donny2112

davepoobond said:
whoa, PSP went up (supposedly).

For almost two straight months now.

moku said:
Guess I was wrong about NSMB. I just cannot believe it has once again gone over 100,000+ copies, in its 10th? week in a row now.

:p

moku said:
With that said, I'll bet anything that it will dip below 100k next week. No new colors to keep it above that number.*

Possible. I wouldn't be surprised to see it between 95K and 105K, though. It should see another boost when FFIII comes out, then Black DS Lite, then WE+Black DS bundle, then Pokemon. ;)

Kiriku said:
Damn, Tekken: DR out of the top 30 already? So I guess people find cooking more fun than beating the shit out of people. wtf is wrong with this (part of the) world!? :(
i think that *is* the point...

people like beating the shit out of *other people*, not the CPU...

should have been on PS2...

teepo

man, wii and ps3 sales are going to be insane. this type of spending is a good reflection of the japanese economy.

DSXBoy

davepoobond said:
whoa, PSP went up (supposedly).

Not surprising if PSP is being discounted & sold for ¥17959, just ¥1000 ($9) more than NDS. With poor software sales PSP's long term future in the handheld race is not good. It suggests that retailers are discounting to get rid of old stock but won't replenish with new stock to avoid huge losses. Very bad news for SONY:D

teepo

DSXBoy said:
Not surprising if PSP is being discounted & sold for ¥17959, just ¥1000 ($9) more than NDS. With poor software sales PSP's long term future in the handheld race is not good. It suggests that retailers are discounting to get rid of old stock but won't replenish with new stock to avoid huge losses. Very bad news for SONY:D

why do you smile?

that is sick.

Syb

Kinda offtopic, but does anyone have the LTD sales of both Shenmue and Shenmue II (DC)? ioi?

DSXBoy said:
...Are you *special*?

I'm serious.

DSXBoy

teepo said:
why do you smile?

that is sick.
I am not a SONY fanboy!!! I've got an MD walkman that's useless & I will not be getting a PS3 not at 599.00.
I'm happy SONY failed in it's plan to takeover the handheld market. With NDS, Nintendo has brought gaming out of the ghetto into the mainstream, congratulations to Nintendo and to all those GAMERS & NON-GAMERS who have made DS Lite such a hot ticket item!!!:lol

Mrbob

DSXBoy said:

Err, what? The Japan GAF crew would have been on this if it were true.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
DSXBoy said:

you saying "if" instead of "is" gives me all the proof i need that your post doesn't mattaaaaa

until there's real confirmation.

DSXBoy said:
I am not a SONY fanboy!!! I've got an MD walkman that's useless & I will not be getting a PS3 not at 599.00.
I'm happy SONY failed in it's plan to takeover the handheld market. With NDS, Nintendo has brought gaming out of the ghetto into the mainstream, congratulations to Nintendo and to all those GAMERS & NON-GAMERS who have made DS Lite such a hot ticket item!!!:lol

::major roll eyes::

Holtz

DSXBoy said:
Wow. This is sad. :(

Brofist

Mrbob said:

AFAIK it was only Amazon Japan that had a sale on PSP (PS2 too actually). I made a topic about it. link here

Yodobashi and some other places I have been to in the last couple days were still selling it at regular price.

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
moku said:
Damn. Guess I was wrong about NSMB. I just cannot believe it has once again gone over 100,000+ copies, in its 10th? week in a row now.

I'm ready to bet on this,
Next week - NSMB > 100k

DSXBoy

Mrbob said:

At least Amazon.jp is selling PSP for ¥17959 from a GAF reply in last weeks media create thread. There must be many other retailers doing the same. If you think about this, many reports show that SONY have shipped many millions more PSP consoles than have been sold, so huge discounts have to be offered to shift all this excess stock. It's good news for the gamer who wants a PSP but it's bad news for SONY long term:)

DSXBoy said:
You're ****ing awesome. I love you. I hope you aren't removed from posting in anymore sales threads <3

davepoobond

DSXBoy said:
At least Amazon.jp is selling PSP for ¥17959 from a GAF reply in last weeks media create thread. There must be many other retailers doing the same.

hint: there isn't.

If you think about this, many reports show that SONY have shipped many millions more PSP consoles than have been sold, so huge discounts have to be offered to shift all this excess stock. It's good news for the gamer who wants a PSP but it's bad news for SONY long term:)

HUGE DISCOUNTSSSSS BAD FOR SONY SMILE SMILE SMILE

actually, if you look at this guy's posting history its not really surprising that he's saying this stuff.

Sho Nuff

Banned
DSXBoy said:

hey man ur analysis is pretty awesome :D together we can defeat the evil empire that is SONY! :) I started by sabotageing my dads crappy wega. hopefully he will take it back to best buy and get panasonic, too bad nintendo doesnt make tvs :lol

Sho Nuff said:
hey man ur analysis is pretty awesome :D together we can defeat the evil empire that is SONY! :) I started by sabotageing my dads crappy wega. hopefully he will take it back to best buy and get panasonic, too bad nintendo doesnt make tvs :lol

Nintendovision FTW

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
DSXBoy said:

Dis guy's like Nintendo's Monorojo. :(

Brofist

Sho Nuff said:

well they already have the remote developed if they ever do decide to make TVs :D

DSXBoy

kpop100 said:
AFAIK it was only Amazon Japan that had a sale on PSP (PS2 too actually). I made a topic about it. link here

Yodobashi and some other places I have been to in the last couple days were still selling it at regular price.

I happy to be corrected. Thanks. What about discounted PSP bundles with free or half price games, have you found any? There are millions of unsold PSP's and at the current sales of 20000 to 40000 per week SONY will have to stop production of PSP's or the retailers or SONY will have to offer price cuts to shift all this stock..

Sho Nuff

Banned
DSXBoy said:
I happy to be corrected. Thanks. What about discounted PSP bundles with free or half price games, have you found any? There are millions of unsold PSP's and at the current sales of 20000 to 40000 per week SONY will have to stop production of PSP's or the retailers or SONY will have to offer price cuts to shift all this stock..

totally true man. i live in tokyo and they are usually bundling together psps with all kinds of stuff, maybe like 5 old games like majong or something. even then they cant manage to sell any units at all :lol looks like its time for ken k to hang up the towel!

cvxfreak

Sho Nuff said:

ds1seg2yf.jpg

davepoobond

DSXBoy said:

i'm going to be nice, and ask if you know how shipments work? retailers are the ones ordering them, sony isn't sneaking in during the middle of the night and putting these psps up on the store shelves after putting them into their computers.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
salva said:
PSP doing good :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I know it's impossible right?:lol

No way two handhelds can exist in this world. It's not possible.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
mckmas8808 said:
I know it's impossible right?:lol

No way two handhelds can exist in this world. It's not possible.
Only PS2/DS can exist. There is no XBX/GCN/PSP.

Anecdotal evidence means nothing, but my local (osakan) shops have sold out of their initial GnG shipment and it's only been on sale for 5 hours. Has it been undershipped or will it be a system seller? Only time (and next weeks chart) will tell! I'm guessing undershipped is more likely. Did Capcom release any data on how many copies would be available at launch?

marvelharvey said:
Anecdotal evidence means nothing, but my local (osakan) shops have sold out of their initial GnG shipment and it's only been on sale for 5 hours. Has it been undershipped or will it be a system seller? Only time (and next weeks chart) will tell! I'm guessing undershipped is more likely. Did Capcom release any data on how many copies would be available at launch?

Just out of curiousity... How was advertising for GnG?

Top Bottom