• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real next gen box art? (Mobile download warning) - THREAD OF THE MONTH

Computron

Presumably you used that animated cover art they put out as a base?

Yea, I put it on the cover in proper perspective under the logos with masks.
I was primarily going to be posting this in the Halo community thread, so I just assumed everyone already knew/saw the cover art video.

MTN dew rendering out now.

Gambit61

I did another one!

DNEYN.gif
Ke3NB.gif

I thought firefox was having trouble loading the PS3 gif -_-

Nice work lol

hiryu64

Presumably you used that animated cover art they put out as a base?

Yea, I put it on the cover in proper perspective under the logos with masks.
I was primarily going to be posting this in the Halo community thread, so I just assumed everyone already knew/saw the cover art video.

MTN dew rendering out now.

Ah, okay that makes sense. I thought you were some sort of animation wizard or something. Something about a good magician never revealing his secrets...;P

Some of these seem to be really missing the point...

The good ones are really good though. Bravo.

I think the thread has implied two different, competing schemes, which might be expressed simply as "fancy vs. funny" box arts. The OP is primarily satirical, which has generated subsequent posts focused on critiquing/summarizing particular games in a visually terse manner. But the Hitman and Halo 4 box arts, for instance, showcase the alternative possibility: of enhancing the aesthetics of box arts with animation and flair.

I think there's room for both here, although I suspect that the power of comedy and parody will force the former into prominence over the latter.

i-Lo

This thread is not gold, it's platinum now! That Halo 4 and Bayonetta boxart.. OMFG! Brilliant.... just brilliant.

hiryu64

I think the thread has implied two different, competing schemes, which might be expressed simply as "fancy vs. funny" box arts. The OP is primarily satirical, which has generated subsequent posts focused on critiquing/summarizing particular games in a visually terse manner. But the Hitman and Halo 4 box arts, for instance, showcase the alternative possibility: of enhancing the aesthetics of box arts with animation and flair.

I think there's room for both here, although I suspect that the power of comedy and parody will force the former into prominence over the latter.

if8sjxy4pz0Pt.gif

But I do think that something like the Halo 4 and Hitman box arts could be interesting for digital products.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
I haven't found a clean one

iriqiVGDBxRqO.gif

Cute. I spent a while searching for "Giraffes fucking" on YouTube before I gave up on the idea... I think you need that 6 in there under the Resident Evil...

hiryu64

Surprised this wasn't done in the OP. Even more surprised this hasn't been done at all.

Nh8tH0R.gif

EDIT: left out a detail >_<

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I have absolutely 0 photoshop skills, but here are some ideas:

The Legend of Grimrock:
ibjMmSLQrpjrjF.gif

FTL:
iBvrUJeblltL1.gif

COD:BLOPS 2
ibl9zw9yl8e8ea.gif

D6AMIA6N

Wow. A proud day for GAF, a thread with real innovation. Incredible.

EDIT: too bad I'm helpless to participate. DAMN MY GIF DYSFUNCTION!

Top Bottom