• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real Pic January!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christopher Priest once sent me this enormous box of DC comics, including a few autographed ones, a few photocopies manuals on breaking into comics, and a personal note describing his fondness for the industry.

Not exactly an A-lister, but by far my favorite brush with famedom. We've corresponded a few times since then; he is a super nice guy.

edit: Oh shit I forgot about Margaret Weis. That was a good one...chatting with her about one of my stories in the front door of a restaurant for the better part of an hour. She gave me notes. Cool lady.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
More not-too-famous-but-still-famous-for-nerds-celebrity stories.

Sir Terry Pratchett hit on me and then jokingly tried to buy weed from me.

Kevin Conroy has whispered my name in my ear in his Batman voice.

There needs to be a word for something both creepy and awesome in the English language.

Oh right, I met Neil Gaiman in Manchester.

Robert Shearman (a former Dr. Who writer) taught my creative writing class for a while.

My dad and I met Bill Clinton at a dinner once.

Az

OMG cevapi I love you so much!

jBedibbTQ9rnC.jpg

Hocu i ja!!!!!!!!

Emitan

I used to be friends with Brandon Sanderson on Facebook before I deleted my old account. Also, we've chatted on Reddit a few times and hes emailed me once but I doubt he remembers a random internet stranger.

Stet

Banned
Gabriel Byrne bought me a drink when I was underage and James Spader gave me career advice.

Well okay, it was an open bar so technically he just BROUGHT me a drink.

I dealt with a lot of celebs over the years. Working in the nightlife industry for over a decade, you get to meet quite a few. The best is when puff daddy use to come to my spot in TimesSq. Homeboy called me "Puerto Rican N****" a lot, lol. When he order shit. he never said it in a hateful way, but more in a convo type of way. Example "You Pureto Rican N****! Be having some hot sisters" never forget that one, lol. I'm not even Rican, I'm Dominican...Honest mistake as always.

Puddles

Banned
On the topic of celebrities, I met Christian Slater in London a few years ago. He was doing a stage version of Swimming With Sharks, and after the show I ran into him in the back alley. He was really cool. I told him my favorite movie was Coming Home in a Bodybag, and that got a chuckle.

mewithChristianSlater.jpg

For basketball gaf, I swear I saw Brian Scalabriene at a marshalls once, or a really tall red headed guy, looked just like him, he looked pissed so I didn't go say hi.

Other then that, haven't seen any celebs , bummer

A friend of mine is dating the cousin of the guy who voices Garrus in Mass Effect.

He's been holding a "Garrus Answering Machine message" idea as a present in his back pocket for when he needs to gain favor with people.

Emitan

I live one neighborhood away from where Yao Ming's parents live. Never seen him up close, though. Just at Rockets games.

Stet

Banned
I also rode in a limo with John Neville (may he rest in peace) and my best friend and I got hit on by Jackie Burroughs (may she rest in peace).

And one time I told Gordon Pinsent that he looked like my dad.

But only Canadians will care. (And even then probably not.)

I met the guitarist for some local indie band I hadn't heard of on New Years eve and took a picture with him. I figured he's probably somewhat famous in the state at least.

I also had a guy working at ted brown give me a free download card for his band. Later I found out that their lead singer is the cousin of this guy I went to school with.

My brother was in Ten Things I Hate About You as an extra.

I think I may have seen Ken Levine at PAX this past year.

Stet

Banned
I was an extra in the Dawn of the Dead remake so I kind of met Sarah Polley and Ving Rhames.

Oh, and one of my elementary school friends' moms wrote the Franklin the Turtle books.

And my mom's coworker was the mother of two of the Barenaked Ladies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom