• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real Pic January!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opiate

I was floormates with Joseph Gordon Levitt in college. We've talked quite a bit.

Julia Stiles was also in my dorm. She was quiet and reserved and I didn't really get to know her well.

Anna Paquin was also in my class and dated a friend. She smoked like a chimney and was much more ebullient than her acting persona might suggest.

There was a J-Pop star in the class beneath me. She frequently walked around with bodyguards because she was apparently a big deal in Japan -- but no one here had any idea who she was whatsoever, so the protection seemed bizarre and hugely out of proportion.

noah111

Still Alive
You either made him laugh or drove him to drugs.

Hooray!
Hah, damnit I didn't even get it until I re-read the sentence twice.

My sisters touched Salma Hayek's boobs when they were shopping in Manhattan once.

I don't remember if it was intentional.
Her boobs probably touched them.

I was floormates with Joseph Gordon Levitt in college. We've talked quite a bit.
That's awesome, my ex-girlfriend was obsessed with him and tried to meet him on multiple occasions, but to no avail. Probably an obvious question, but what is he really like?

Julia Stiles was also in my dorm. She was quiet and reserved and I didn't really get to know her well.

Anna Paquin was also in my class and dated a friend. She smoked like a chimney and was much more ebullient than her acting persona might suggest.

There was a J-Pop star in the class beneath me. She frequently walked around with bodyguards because she was apparently a big deal in Japan -- but no one here had any idea who she was whatsoever, so the protection seemed bizarre and hugely out of proportion.
Jealous. I had such a crush on Julia Stiles.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

What celebrity college did you go to?

marrec

Banned
We talking about meeting Celebrities?

I had a lengthy discussion with Jane McGonigal while she was still working with 42 entertainment.

That's all I got.

Opiate

That's awesome, my ex-girlfriend was obsessed with him and tried to meet him on multiple occasions, but to no avail. Probably an obvious question, but what is he really like?

Fairly flighty. Prone to what I think of as "stoner conversations" -- vague, rambling philosophical discussion that lacks coherency or originality. Broad discussions of religion and politics without a great deal of eduction or serious analysis, for example.

But nice. Always a kind person to talk to.

omgkitty said:
I would assume Columbia.

Correct.

Emitan

We talking about meeting Celebrities?

I had a lengthy discussion with Jane McGonigal while she was still working with 42 entertainment.

That's all I got.

Bd1IE.jpg

I too have had many a celeb encounter; I used to work in wardrobe/costumes for film/TV/Magazines. Most actors were great to work with, some even became psuedo-friends. I dressed Sharon Osbourne for seasons 4/5 of Americas Got Talent and while the show itself is godawful, she was just an amazing human being; very different from her on screen persona. She was kind, and always made an effort to remember everyone's names. She would always get me backstage passes for Ozzy's shows, and she even bought me an xmas gift. Love you Sharon <3

I also have some real horror stories and have witnessed some completely unbelievable things, mostly involving drug use/things of a sexual nature.

I went to the same college as Jimi Simpson. I don't remember seeing him but I must've because it was a small campus and I frequented the place he worked.

(you might know him as one of the creepy brothers from Its Always Sunny)

77AFa.jpg

Fairly flighty. Prone to what I think of as "stoner conversations" -- vague, rambling philosophical discussion that lacks coherency or originality. Broad discussions of religion and politics without a great deal of eduction or serious analysis, for example.

Correct.

So he was like someone on the internet?

I actually don't really like encountering celebrities all that much because I tend to act like a fucking dunce. I say the stupidest shit, I don't even know where it comes from.

I went to the same college as Jimi Simpson. I don't remember seeing him but I must've because it was a small campus and I frequented the place he worked.

77AFa.jpg

lol that guy. Wish I had gone to college with his sister or whatever she is in that show.

Kisaya

If you went to Columbia, it was probably Utada Hikaru.
Pretty cool though, my dad works there :) I used to go a lot as a kid with my dad to work

Nice guy. Amost as nice as Elijah...

have you detailed how you do your warm up? i mean what music you play and do you sit in a dim room with candles and incense?

It involves a lot of stretching...and then sitting for hours while I obsess over the curve of a jaw or shadow of an eyelash. Seriously. Not kidding at all. I also listen to video game music, usually from Suikoden. ^_^

Happy to. I have no skill whatsoever in the create arts, so this is the closest I'll ever get myself, frankly.

I would even go so far as to say the opposite is true: only people who are genuinely insecure about their sexuality would hesitate to admit another man is attractive. I am, personally, a very confidently heterosexual male. Saying another man is attractive does not make me suddenly question my understanding of my own sexuality.

It's fine. Let's just try to steer the discussion in another direction if we could now, please. I just don't want to have to lock this thread.

I look through the actual pic thread sometimes for inspiration (normal people pics are so much more natural/engaging to me than magazine-type poses), but it's rare that I see any that are uncluttered in composition, striking in features AND appealing to some undefined part of my brain that urges me to draw. There are many fine looking people on gaf, but the holy trinity isn't often met. I'd love if you posted more sometime.

Met Jeffrey Donovan from Burn Notice at a Sunscreen VIP party. I've posted the pic of him and me in this thread about less than ten pages back.

Also, I saw James Wood inside Gamestop years ago.

This is spill-over from a drunk thread spill-over, but several GAF members have decided to switch our avatars to real pictures of ourselves for the month of January. There are no rules other than it being a pic of yourself and not getting you banned.

Sounds fun, I'm in.

Opiate

If you went to Columbia, it was probably Utada Hikaru.
Pretty cool though, my dad works there :) I used to go a lot as a kid with my dad to work

Yes, that was the name. Her existence exited my brain as soon as I left college because, as already stated, absolutely no one here cares who she is, despite her apparently steadfast belief that we do.

Is your Dad a professor there? I had a couple of professors who were Muslim.

jasonng

77AFa.jpg
Haha, that's crazy. You guys could've been in the same dorm party and not even know!

noah111

Still Alive

That's pretty interesting (and perhaps unsurprising?), reminds me of the personality of quite a few people I know actually. Either way, his smile is so heartwarming regardless.

I said he was nice.
Are you impinge we are all not-nice?
:p

Fjordson

Damn. Slightly jealous, I'll admit.

Description of Gordon-Levitt doesn't surprise me for some reason.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
It involves a lot of stretching...and then sitting for hours while I obsess over the curve of a jaw or shadow of an eyelash. Seriously. Not kidding at all. I also listen to video game music, usually from Suikoden. ^_^

I also regularly listen to video game music when painting. Or sometimes I watch Let's Plays of games (which is how I got into watching them in the first place, I like having something on in the background while painting.)

Hm, I haven't painted in awhile... it makes me feel sort of ashamed that one of my degrees is in painting but I have hardly done anything with it in the past year.

Kisaya

Yes, that was the name. Her existence exited my brain as soon as I left college because, as already stated, absolutely no one here cares who she is, despite her apparently steadfast belief that we do.

Is your Dad a professor there? I had a couple of professors who were Muslim.

Hahah I'm sure she didn't want the attention. She really is a super star in Japan so they probably made her have bodyguards.

And no, he's in some management position in student services. Funny though, my sister always lies to her friends and say he's a physics professor lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom