• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recommend me some good Hip Hop instrumental albums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
A new RJD2 CD came out called Colossus, it's like the best thing ever. Listen to it

...Listen to it.

Do it.

Glad to see you have this: Madlib's Beat Konducta volume 1-6

200px-FurtherAdventuresofLordQuas_AlbumCover.jpg

I don't know where I found it, but the instrumental version of The Further Adventures of Lord Quas is great.

Even if you can't find that, get it and the original Quasimoto album(The Unseen). They're some of my favorite from Madlib.

ABSOLUTELY GET

Prefuse 73 - Extinguished: Outtakes

It's like a 40+ minute constant stream of ever-changing beats and random, incredibly intricate shit this guy has put together. It's like the ultimate controlled randomness album, if that makes any sense. Better (and more instrumental) than One Word Extinguisher, imo, though they are both amazing.

Edit: so I just realized this post was basically a repeat of a post I made a long time ago in this thread. dang.

CRS

+1 to everything Samurai Champloo

People Under the Stairs - Question In The Form Of An Answer (Instrumentals)

Doesn't really count but

Gorillaz - Demon Days Intrumentals

Jtones

Banned
DaFish said:
You HAVE to pick these up

Kan Kick - any of his albums
Oddisee - his instrumental stuff
DJ Spinna - Compsitions 1, 2 and 3
Pete Rock - Petestrumentals
Mark Farina - Mushroom Jazz Vol 1 - 6

I'v got more, but I'm at work... will post later

Kan Kick is nice man, will check your other recommendations later. Thanks =)

zon

Don't know if there are instrumentals for it, but the album "Livin' Proof" by Group Home contains some sick beats by DJ Premier. He produced the whole album, it's a shame that some of his best work I've ever heard was made for two average rappers.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
GhostRidah said:
definitely check out this new beat tape from Dela "The Robert Glasper Beat Tape"

folder-2.jpg

Thanks! I am loving this!!!! I am loving most of the stuff posted!!!

DaFish

GhostRidah said:
definitely check out this new beat tape from Dela "The Robert Glasper Beat Tape"

folder-2.jpg
I likes me some Dela, need to grab that...

Heads up... (Damu the Fudgemunk) These drop NEXT WEEK! do yourselves a favor.

194231.jpg

194232.jpg

Lard

Banned
Bookmarked.

Nujabes was the only thing I knew out of all the stuff mentioned.

Thanks to the OP for making this thread.

DaFish said:
I likes me some Dela, need to grab that...

Heads up... (Damu the Fudgemunk) These drop NEXT WEEK! do yourselves a favor.

http://images.hhv.de/catalog/detail_big/00194/194231.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://images.hhv.de/catalog/detail_big/00194/194232.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

hell yea, I cant wait for that release.

Hey guys I know this off topic but I downloaded a couple albums from the Pretty Lights website but I can't get the music to play via my dashboard. I keep getting an error message even though the song's show up in the dashboard. I can still play all my other music just fine it's only these albums that won't play.

MickD

Anything by Freddie Joachim/Dilla

Check out Strickly Beats on blogspot.. best (free) instrumental page ever.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Man, the sheer number of music recommendation threads I've had to bookmark over the years, GAF. Keep 'em coming. =)

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I got the Special Herb Series based on this thread and man, it is good. Perfect for sitting at work making the day go by alot faster.

HD-VHS

Banned
Free the Robots
Flying Lotus
Samiyam
Koushik
Nobody
Lukid
Mono/Poly
Jneiro Jarel
The Gaslamp Killer
Ras G
Hudson Mohawke
Teebs
Dorian Concept

parrotbeak said:

I needed to come back here and give you a thousand thank you's. They have such incredible tracks. So much good music and all of it was fucking free. I really need to give this group some money because they certainly deserve it. Recommendations like this are why I always come back to GAF.

Ive been hipped to so much good music from this thread it's easily favorite of all time.

HiResDes

dillatribute.jpg

01. Elaquent – Gobstopper
02. Madlib – The Mystery (Dilla’s Still Here)
03. Dela – Won’t Do (ft. Miles Bonny)
04. Dwele – Workin’ On It
05. The Roots – Eve
06. Flying Lotus – Fall In Love Remix
07. J. Rawls – A Tribute To Dilla
08. 14kt – Without Dilla
09. Madlib – Dillalade Ride (Contact High)
10. The Roots – Hall & Oates

Download

IcebergSlim3000 said:
I needed to come back here and give you a thousand thank you's. They have such incredible tracks. So much good music and all of it was fucking free. I really need to give this group some money because they certainly deserve it. Recommendations like this are why I always come back to GAF.

Ive been hipped to so much good music from this thread it's easily favorite of all time.

Right on, glad you like it. Been listening to Passing by Behind Your Eyes a lot.

Found them via this Blue Sky Black Death vs Pretty Lights mix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom