• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recreate your favorite videogame moments using MS Paint: 2009 Edition!

Corum

There's so many amazing pieces of art in here that there really should be a GAF compilation/calendar/thing etc.

-Winnie-

KurowaSan said:
i love ms paint threads :lol
29bexya.jpg

I'll spend more time drawing something else later.

Wait, what starts with a G?

Mdk7

Corum said:
There's so many amazing pieces of art in here that there really should be a GAF compilation/calendar/thing etc.
i totally agree with you!

even if i'm sorry that my Castle Crashers thing is getting no love :(

Sovan, you made me feel like playing Endless Ocean Again!

Don't have enough time right now, but I'll try to add something new in the next couple of days. In the meantime, here's my stuff from last years thread:

paint.jpg

paint2.jpg

paint3.png

Mdk7 said:
I like this... but in a way it suffers because it's too close to the actual art. Put some pencil strokes / shading in or something. :D

On a related note: I hate you all... if I even tried to do something like this I'd end up with something that looks like a kids crayon picture. Strike that, a retarded kid's crayon picture done using the crayon between their knees.

:(

Mdk7

Psychotext said:
I like this... but in a way it suffers because it's too close to the actual art. Put some pencil strokes / shading in or something. :D

On a related note: I hate you all... if I even tried to do something like this I'd end up with something that looks like a kids crayon picture. Strike that, a retarded kid's crayon picture done using the crayon between their knees.

:(
I see your point, but that was exactly my goal: make something as similar as i could to the original artwork (which was phenomenal IMHO, since it captured the essence of the game itself...) using just Paint and a mouse.
I even avoided the tablet since i did NOT want linear strokes on it...

But i can perfectly understand what you're saying man!

:lol @ the related note!

GrayFoxPL said:
I love this one.

Reminds me also little of digital arts from day of C64 and Amiga.

Do you have a website with more graphics?

thanks, but, no. don't have a website yet. want to have some but I really don't draw that much anymore. I love these kind of thread because it inspire me to make something, otherwise, I'm more likely using my time to play videogames than drawing.:D

Mdk7

Callibretto said:
thanks, but, no. don't have a website yet. want to have some but I really don't draw that much anymore. I love these kind of thread because it inspire me to make something, otherwise, I'm more likely using my time to play videogames than drawing.:D
Play a little less and draw a little more dude, you're really damn talented! :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I had no clues what to do in the background, but it's supposed to be the first battle against Dhaos in Tales of Phantasia. Eeverything is grey in that game so I added a lot of new color, for instance Dhaos' red hair :D

HLyynjhXU.jpg

SovanJedi said:
Eh, kind of rushed this. But I hope it does some justice to the sheer terror I experienced during some of the nighttime dives in this game;

endless.gif

Wow... Easily my favorite of the thread. Is this Endless Ocean, btw? I have it, but I admit to only spending an hour or two with it so far. Awesome game though.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
SovanJedi said:
Eh, kind of rushed this. But I hope it does some justice to the sheer terror I experienced during some of the nighttime dives in this game;

http://www.jontendo.co.uk/gfx/endless.gif[/IMG.][/QUOTE]

Wow, very nice. I love your style.

Haven't played EO yet, but this makes me want to.

Kritz

Banned
Mdk7 said:
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l105/Murderdeathkill7/Castle.png

It's 101% done with Microsoft Paint ONLY and ONLY by mouse. I refused to use a tablet, this way it's nerdier IMHO. :lol

I hope you like it as much as i do!

Wow - how'd you manage anti-aliasing in paint? By hand or some kind of save option?

Mdk7

Kritz said:
Wow - how'd you manage anti-aliasing in paint? By hand or some kind of save option?
I did everything by hand and with mouse only.
Just one thing that testifies my insane dickhead precisianism: the black lines that outline the knights (but just every line basically) are 2 pixel large. But since i didn't like the results with the bending tool when using the 2x line i used the single pixel line and then went back, pixel to pixel, to make the stroke. :S
But you can see the difference, eventually. (IMHO of course)

Mdk7

Pizza Luigi said:
Or he has made it like really large and resized it with Photoshop, or he's fucking with us.
I'm NOT fucking with you.

mdk7.deviantart.com, go there to see my other Paint works if you don't believe me.
Plus i honestly wouldn't know how to resize that in Photoshop, i'm a PS n00b. :lol

And of course i still have the original .bmp on my PC.

EDIT:
2m780wi.jpg

Better now?

Ixzion

I'm not even trying to match you guys (I mean, some of you are making masterpieces with like 16 colors!). These are just doodles that I've done when bored.

contra_spread.png

samus_crocomire_2.jpg

mario_boss.png

sonicbw.png

ms_pacman_rules_18250517.png

giygas_redux_2099076850.jpg

reakt

Mdk7 said:
And of course i still have the original .bmp on my PC.

EDIT:
2m780wi.jpg

Better now?
It looks absolutely awesome - I love the blue one - it looks like he's writing some wild-style graffiti art with his sword.

Mdk7

reakt said:
It looks absolutely awesome - I love the blue one - it looks like he's writing some wild-style graffiti art with his sword.
Thanks for the compliments, but credit in this case goes to the original art made by the Behemoth guys! :D

Falagard

vhfive said:
i was going to do a halo one since it was getting no love but..
shit there is no way I can get anywhere close to yours

Go for it! There's never enough Halo love
on GAF

Top Bottom