• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 Official Trailer

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Already admitted on my fuck up and apologized. I look like a complete asshole and deserve what I get. Did not mean to upset people.

Simo

Maaaaan, I just spent that last couple of hours platinuming FFXV and come here to see this on the front page. My heart skipped but it's nothing. :/

Yeah if there was gonna be a Super Bowl ad Rockstar would of said or released by now online just like Nintendo and Zenimax did for their Zelda and Morrowind Online spots. Game Informers new cover reveal is the best chance for new info and should be this week hopefully.

WolfTime

Banned
so what is everyone's bet of protagonist or protagonists

all new characters, multiple characters like GTA V or just one guy again?

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
You guys get way easily baited, you know rockstar hypes up their trailers at least 3 days before releasing it.
apart from the first teaser, I remember them just plopping trailers indiscriminately w/o warning for GTAV

or maybe i just wasn't paying attention that time

apart from the first teaser, I remember them just plopping trailers indiscriminately w/o warning for GTAV

or maybe i just wasn't paying attention that time

Well, i followed GTA V quite obsessively, and i knew it was torture to wait for the trailers. Off the top of my head, apart from the first trailer:

the second trailer had a one week heads up, where in the lead up it had a game informer cover story.

The michael, franklin and trevor trailer had a thursday announcement for a tuesday release.

the gameplay trailer and online trailer also had a 4 ~ 5 week wait between announcement and release.

The final trailer also had a 2 ~ 3 day wait.

Of course, this doesn't mean that they will do that again, but the pattern is there

Simo

so what is everyone's bet of protagonist or protagonists

all new characters, multiple characters like GTA V or just one guy again?

Well the leak said it would be 3 protagonists from Dutch's old gang and John Marston won't be one of them. Same leak said it was still single player focused like RDR with Stranger missions and gang hideouts and Red Dead Online would follow a few weeks later after release similar to GTAV.

Leak came from 4chan from someone who leaked the GTA online stuff apparently.

Tonky

Well the leak said it would be 3 protagonists from Dutch's old gang and John Marston won't be one of them. Same leak said it was still single player focused like RDR with Stranger missions and gang hideouts and Red Dead Online would follow a few weeks later after release similar to GTAV.

Leak came from 4chan from someone who leaked the GTA online stuff apparently.
I'm skeptical on there being 3 protagonists since the trailer didn't really suggest that, unlike the GTAV reveal trailer where it was heavily implied.

Tonky

How did the GTAV reveal trailer imply 3 protagonists? I remember it was just showing Michael.
The jewelry store robbery had three people, a group of three people going hiking, even though it wasn't the exact three playable characters it was still implied that there would be three.

Wasn't the first trailer shown the week it was revealed alongside the Sunday Night Football game that week? Or shown during that week's NFL coverage? I can recall a few tweets going out noting it was shown at that time.

Not saying nothing new is going to be shown tonight. But... this may strengthen a theory of something being shown, if only slightly.

Van Bur3n

I hope its only one protagonist. I found myself far less attached to any of the protagonists in GTA V than in any other Rockstar game like with Niko or especially John Marston. Perhaps jumping between protagonist and not focusing on one made me care less or it could just be the protagonists of GTA V simply aren't very likable.

From just pure guessing, I get the feeling its going to focus on a posse story-wise from the art they've shown so far and from the brief teaser. Whether that will entail multiple playable characters, I don't know.

I only hope its not some prequel about Dutch's gang. Seems like a pointless story to tell considering the original Redemption told us the basics of what went down. I'd prefer Rockstar do what they usually do and give us a new cast of characters and a whole new setting.

JJH

If we're getting one, I hope it's not a female.

ReWZp.gif

Simo

Wasn't the first trailer shown the week it was revealed alongside the Sunday Night Football game that week? Or shown during that week's NFL coverage? I can recall a few tweets going out noting it was shown at that time.

Not saying nothing new is going to be shown tonight. But... this may strengthen a theory of something being shown, if only slightly.

Yeah it was. Reportedly cost them $1.4 million for that spot too.

I would of bought into the Super Bowl rumor had Rockstar said something this week but they didn't. I'm just looking to Tuesday right now to see if GI reveals a RDR2 cover and Take Twos investors call.

Stiler

I really really hope one character is Native American. Out of the few western games we have gotten so far almost all are from a white mans perspective.

I want to see part of the old west from their perspective and the storylines and things could be done a lot better then yet another "revenge" plot that rockstar seems to just love.

Heck I hope in general RDR2 isn't simply a revenge tale.......again, you don't need that to tell a good story or have great characters.

Look at one of the best westerns of all time, Lonesome Dove.

If we're getting one, I hope it's not a female.

I will settle for either a female gunslinger or a Native American and will be expressly disappointed with almost anything else. ESPECIALLY if it's John Marston (a character I love).

I can't imagine being somebody who would wish AGAINST the possibility of a female protagonist, but whatever. As long as it's not one of those "there weren't any female cowboys" things, which would be irrelevant even if it weren't grossly untrue. You're entitled to your preference, but I dare not ask you to elaborate.

You just can't drop a load and leave it be. Please explain.

I don't have to explain. Just my preference for this game. Nothing against female protagonists. I actually create a female character for most games with character creation. I've never played as a boy in Pokémon but for RDR2 I'd like to roleplay as a man. What's wrong about that?

Dmax3901

I don't have to explain. Just my preference for this game. Nothing against female protagonists. I actually create a female character for most games with character creation. I've never played as a boy in Pokémon but for RDR2 I'd like to roleplay as a man. What's wrong about that?

Yeah but why tho.

Boem

It's a weird thing to say dude. Especially just throwing that sentence out there with no context. Best scenario: you're trying to start something that will go on for pages until the bans start falling. Worst scenario: Well...

It's a weird thing to say dude. Especially just throwing that sentence out there with no context. Best scenario: you're trying to start something that will go on for pages until the bans start falling. Worst scenario: Well...

That's why I didn't explain. I don't want to start that kind of discussion.

G-Bus

Banned
Does the gender of the protagonist really matter?

Outside of the initial character cration (if even present) does it add to the game?

Can't say I've played and even thought about it after the fact.

Boem

That's why I didn't explain. I don't want to start that kind of discussion.

So because you didn't want to start shit you decided not to give a rational explanation and instead just dropped the bomb of 'as long as it's not a woman'.

Got it.

Does the gender of the protagonist really matter?

Outside of the initial character cration (if even present) does it add to the game?

Can't say I've played and even thought about it after the fact.

Depends on the game. I don't really think about it in a game like Mirror's Edge, but in a story heavy game like Walking Dead or Gone Home I do (especially because it shapes the experience so much).

I think, just for variety's sake, a woman would be fun. Although I wouldn't be surprised if they're doing the multiple character thing again.

Game Informer has been teasing their March cover reveal on Twitter today, which is scheduled to be revealed tomorrow.

While the cover is a mystery, some people have noted that it could be Red Dead Redemption 2 due to Rockstar Games following Game Informer on Twitter recently. Also Take-Two’s investor call is tomorrow, and after the cover reveal. So it’s very likely that it will be Red Dead Redemption 2.

http://thisgengaming.com/2017/02/06...aled-tomorrow-could-be-red-dead-redemption-2/

Top Bottom