• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Gowans

Can't wait for this, mainly the multi, suprised on how many of my buds who only play FIFA are grabbing it to roll round in a possie.

brentech

One of the issues I had with GTAIV's online play was that there was no player synergy when it came to the aiming difficulty.

Anyone know if everyone will be playing on their own settings again, or if games will be forced into certain modes? I found it a little lame that I had to turn on cheese-mode auto-lock in order to not get lambasted in GTA...

Otherwise, this thread totally has me jacked to receive my copy, with some golden guns!

eXistor

Amazing op. I can't wait to get my hands on this! I'm looking forward especially to finding treaure. I'm very curious as to see what kinds of loot there'll be.

Zeliard

syllogism said:
Pretty sure they've been more vague about that recently

There's no reason at all not to believe that figure considering how much less dense rural settings are than urban. One of the reasons the San Andreas map is so huge is due to the countryside.

ZZMitch

Still the wild west only a few years before World War I... pretty cool!

Hopefully I can pick this up around release!

Tr4nce

One more typo, Goldrusher:

Under Hunting >>> Criminals >>> it says: 'dear or alive'. I guess it was a Freudian slip up ? :D

Lucc

Shaka said:
I will kill you and everyone you love. :mad:
GameOfTheForever son!
15mb442.gif

consider me scared

But serious. Not saying it will be bad but I thought GTA 4 was way overhyped too. That's why I'm a bit more modest concerning Rockstar games.

Dead Man

TheThunder said:
Wait you aim and shoot with L2/R2 for PS3 !!

Please tell me you can swap them for L1/R1.
Yeah, that is one of the things I am worried about, I thought most devs were past forcing R2 for shooting.

Rikyfree

Always-honest said:
works great with the trigger add-ons

http://adultgamingenthusiasts.com/blogs/age/PS3-trigger-mod.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
But thats the thing, I have those and I still prefer the L1/R1 over the the triggers. I just really hope you can change that.

Chairhome

This game was kind of under my radar... so I know very little about it. Please don't get offended, but is this game very similar to GTA IV, just in a different setting? I couldn't really get into GTA IV, but the setting seems more appealing to me here.

Dynamic3

Wow, awesome work on the OT.
I believe there are also planes in the game, though I'm not sure if you can fly them.

Dead Man

Rikyfree said:
But thats the thing, I have those and I still prefer the L1/R1 over the the triggers. I just really hope you can change that.
I don't have them, but I simply prefer the location of L1/R1. I hate using my index finger on L2/R2, and if I am playing a shooter, I like to use the index finger! :D

legbone

Naeblish said:
Inspired by the proposition? Awesome. Gonna watch the wild bunch before release, never seen it.

Wow! Wish i could be in your shoes. The first time i saw "the wild bunch" is a great memory. Such a killer film. Peckinpah is the man.

Anyways, outstanding thread. I had no idea the "limited" edition from gamestop included all of the preorder bonuses. that is great news.

Zeliard

Chairhome said:
This game was kind of under my radar... so I know very little about it. Please don't get offended, but is this game very similar to GTA IV, just in a different setting? I couldn't really get into GTA IV, but the setting seems more appealing to me here.

All of Rockstar's open-world games have followed the same sort of template, including Bully. RDR has the same type of mission structure (distinct from the actual missions themselves) as GTAIV and a lot of other games where you complete missions around the map to progress the story and unlock more missions. That and the game's engine are probably where the real similarities end.

legbone

sloppyjoe_gamer said:
Between this, 3d dot game heroes, and Mario Galaxy 2, May is turning out to be one of the best months for gaming yet this year!!!

don't forget lost planet 2, blur, split/second, alan wake and i'm sure i'm forgetting some more. this month is crazy packed.

pr0cs

Can't wait. I've been going through TBOGT since I missed it at launch. Curious to see how much better RDR looks to R*'s last outing.

U2NUMB

Ok I was excited for this game but the OP just sent my level of want to the highest possible level. Well done !

Chairhome

Zeliard said:
All of Rockstar's open-world games have followed the same sort of template, including Bully. RDR has the same type of mission structure (distinct from the actual missions themselves) as GTAIV and a lot of other games where you complete missions around the map to progress the story and unlock more missions. That and the game's engine are probably where the real similarities end.
Cool, thanks. I'll probably keep this game in mind, if I ever clear out my backlog...

Vard

Great thread. I'll be buying the game later since I want to work on my backlog before getting yet another game to add to the pile. I'm not a fan of the preorder bonuses for this game though, I have to say. Seems like they're really useful and affect gameplay quite a bit. :/

Naeblish

Vard said:
Great thread. I'll be buying the game later since I want to work on my backlog before getting yet another game to add to the pile. I'm not a fan of the preorder bonuses for this game though, I have to say. Seems like they're really useful and affect gameplay quite a bit. :/
Have to agree on this. First one might make the game easier, the second one kinda removes the idea of finding (or unlocking) better horses. Why not something just pure aesthetic?

scoobs

great thread, was hoping for a creative thread title :) but oh well.

Personal favorite information I got from this thread so far:

STEAMBOAT
Steamboat.

Top Bottom