• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Goldrusher said:

2hnz9ef.jpg

THE ESSENCE OF RED DEAD REDEMPTION
Trailer footage set to Ennio Morricone's "Ecstasy of Gold", by alehousedave.​

Damn . . . nice video you made there.

Awesome OP Goldrusher!!!!!!! I have been watching Deadwood again in anticipation of this game! I have also watched The Outlaw Josie Wales and I plan to watch some more classic westerns!!!

One more week guys, one more week!!!!!!!1

Teknoman

Has it been confirmed that music will be in MP? If not, has it been confirmed whether or not PS3 will support XMB music player?

If theres no music in MP, then i'm throwing together a playlist from various spaghetti westerns and Wild Arms.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Gorechylde said:
Have they mentioned anything on stealth in this game? I know there are specific animations for pistol melee kills, but I'd like to be able to off some people with the knife if I'm trying to be sneaky. Would help out with home invasion as well.
30216i1.png

2u727iw.png

ilgflx.png

xmsrvs.gif

o5xlpg.jpg

enough proof? :D

Simo

Awesome OP!:D

I made a couple of more avatars like the old ones I made for the other thread, feel free to tweak them but I'm pretty sure they're to board specs..
23j0n7q.png
15yetu.png

wi3i1j.png
iof11y.png

qrhx55.png
r2rpkl.png

evil ways

That essence of rdr video should be posted with a NSFW warning. Goddamn I've never shouted so many profanities per second in a 3 minute span in my life.

Please 18th, get here fast.

Goldrusher

sw33tclyde said:
I found this on another forum, figured I'd show you fine people.

Map Scale:
11uz4gn.jpg
Very nice.

sw33tclyde said:
You should add the in-game map(the pic you made combining the two known areas was awesome) to the OP!
I'll add the map as soon as the final area is unveiled.

I almost didn't know anything about this game until I checked this thread. I've been hearing its name frequently mentioned and that people are eagerly anticipating it, but I had quickly written it off as "NOT INTERESTING" upon seeing a few screenshots a while back... For some reason I assumed it was a linear action game of some sort, and the western setting didn't appeal to me.

But upon learning it's an open world game, and made by Rockstar, I understand where all the hype is coming from. Looks and sounds very impressive, some of the open desert areas give me a Shadow of the Colossus vibe, except the scales here looks much bigger, more varied and detailed.

Too bad I won't be playing it anymore soon, if ever.

DrBo42

Simo said:
Awesome OP!:D

I made a couple of more avatars like the old ones I made for the other thread, feel free to tweak them but I'm pretty sure they're to board specs..
23j0n7q.png
15yetu.png

wi3i1j.png
iof11y.png

qrhx55.png
r2rpkl.png

15yetu.png
Mind if I take this one?

DrBo42

Sexy. Thanks for the new avatar :D. Wow at the map size. How does this one compare to SA and LC?

Edit: Ah it's in the OP. My bad.

jergrah

DrBo42 said:
Does anyone know if you can change costumes in the SP at any time?

You just have to take your horse over to Perseus in Algonquin
350px-Perseus-GTA4-interior.jpg

:)

On a serious note, I dont remember reading anything official on how it will work. Im guessing it will somehow be tied to if you are in a save area/safe-house/etc....but it would be nice if it was just a pause - menu option.

DrBo42 said:
Does anyone know if you can change costumes in the SP at any time?

I think I read that it was like in SA where you have a wardrobe in your safe house, but I could be mistaken.

Found this article, didn't see it posted here or in the other thread:

Getting the horses to the level of realism we needed required a combination of research, heavily detailed motion capture, Rockstar’s own RAGE engine, Natural Motion’s Euphoria technology, and some highly advanced facial animation technology that we had previously only used on human characters. We think the horses of Red Dead Redemption are the most realistic, believable, and beautiful horses ever seen in a video game, as well as being a lot of fun to ride.

957922_20100510_embed005.jpg

Source

No spoilers, mostly info on the horses of RDR.

Coverly

Got this email the other day from Amazon:

Hello from Amazon.com.

We're writing about the order you placed. Unfortunately, we are unable to ship the item(s) as soon as we expected and need to provide you with a new estimate of when the item(s) may be delivered:

BradyGames "Red Dead Redemption Signature Series Strategy Guide"
Estimated arrival date: June 28 2010 - August 23 2010

If you still want us to ship the delayed items when they do become available (though they may arrive later than expected) please visit this address to approve the delay:

A one month delay? is this just for Amazon? I'm also disappointed that there is no hardcover edition of the guide book.

W1SSY

The next two weeks for me will be crazy with 3d Dot and then this. Hopefully I can get through 3d before I get this one if not I will just be adding to my backlog of games I need to play this summer.

feel

sw33tclyde said:
I think I read that it was like in SA where you have a wardrobe in your safe house, but I could be mistaken.

Found this article, didn't see it posted here or in the other thread:

957922_20100510_embed005.jpg

Source

No spoilers, mostly info on the horses of RDR.
SOTC finally dethroned? Riding a realistic horse while exploring vast landscape is one of the best things. Can't wait.

Ok, I'm heading to the general store for some hardtack and Pemmican, does anyone need some gingham or pomade?

edit: damn those cards are the best preorder I've seen. They really need to be marked.

Tom Penny

So this isn't a structured game it's totally open world unlike GTA were unless you do something..the NPC's don't mess with you or attack etc?

Beaulieu

Coverly said:

Hello from Amazon.com.

We're writing about the order you placed. Unfortunately, we are unable to ship the item(s) as soon as we expected and need to provide you with a new estimate of when the item(s) may be delivered:

If you still want us to ship the delayed items when they do become available (though they may arrive later than expected) please visit this address to approve the delay:

A one month delay? is this just for Amazon? I'm also disappointed that there is no hardcover edition of the guide book.

People are actually buying this ?
That would take so much out of the experience god damn

Oh I'm so excited, just as I was when GTA:IV came out.

I played it for many hours, way through the night, the next day, I played online with a couple of friends. Robbing people and getting away all in the same van. Those days were great. I cannot wait to relive them in the Wild West. Come on, 21th!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I don't think I'm going to start any story missions unless required for the first day or two. I just want to use that time to watch the day/night cycles, hunt, lasso various shit, and camp under the stars.

hype, hype, hype.

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE 111111111111111!!!!

:O

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
New Trailer Coming This Week

This was posted on Rockstar's Twitter:

"Yep - keep your eyes peeled for a brand new Red Dead Redemption trailer later this week RT @Definity_DJJ Do we get any new videos this week?"

http://twitter.com/RockstarGames

...sry if old

Coverly said:

Hello from Amazon.com.

I got the same e-mail last week, and I to thing there is a missed opportunity by not having a hard cover!
And about the delay I did not know why maybe because they finished the game so late that brady needed more time?

Haunted

red shoe paul said:
Alan Wake is short I've heard from friends, and judging by it, nearly nowhere as fun than Red Dead!
I've also heard Alan Wake gives you incurable cancer that can only be cured by playing Red Dead Redemption.

Coverly

Beaulieu said:
People are actually buying this ?
That would take so much out of the experience god damn

Not really, think of it as a companion guide. In Fallout 3 for example, I used the guide as a reference after finding a town or location. I would find out if I had missed any quests or items in that location.

It would ruin the experience if you use the guide to quickly go through the main plot sections, but I usually skip those and go for the side quests, where a guide like this is a lifesaver. Guides are perfect for reference in open ended worlds, and useless for linear ones (Mass Effect 2 was so linear I barely touched the guide at all, unlike part 1).

Top Bottom