• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

commedieu

Banned
Day 1, and im super hyped...

BUT....

Its not that hard to pull off a desert landscape with foliage....and grass....

The scale is great.. going to be one hell of a ride.

Coverly said:
It would ruin the experience if you use the guide to quickly go through the main plot sections, but I usually skip those and go for the side quests, where a guide like this is a lifesaver. Guides are perfect for reference in open ended worlds, and useless for linear ones (Mass Effect 2 was so linear I barely touched the guide at all, unlike part 1).

I agree. At least for me. I don't have time guessing and shit on where to go for side quests. It would be good to know in open worlds where the fuck to go.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
This game came out of nowhere for me. I wasn't even remotely interested in it, but over the weekend the perfect mood struck. After being burnt out on open world games, I'm def. in the mood for another one. And the Western theme should be great.

This seems like a better alternative than replaying GTA IV, which is what I was going to do to scratch the itch.

Edit: What's this about no side missions being on the map, though? I generally play open world games by just meandering around, and it would be a shame if I can't discover things to come back to later...

MMaRsu

Banned
Damn Goldrusher, amazing work! Can't believe I had to work all day and miss this thread going up! :(

Now I need to get my postcount up in here :lol

Cannot wait for this game to come out.. this is going to be amazing + some weed is going to make my entire fucking weekend ( even though I will have to work :< )

TTG

red shoe paul said:
I agree. At least for me. I don't have time guessing and shit on where to go for side quests. It would be good to know in open worlds where the fuck to go.

You're doing it wrong. :lol Exploration is the glue that holds a game like this together.

gibration

Great work Goldrusher.
Can't wait for this game! This had been under my radar til recently I looked into the GTTV episode and got hyped. Day 1 for sure.

MMaRsu

Banned
Domcorleone said:
Still no news on the ps3 version?

No, but a gaf poster played it awhile back and said it was good.

Also, the dev has a good track record with Ps3 ports so I wouldn't be too worried! :)

the 20$ giftcard from amazon is nice but i really want the deadly assassin outfit D:

wonder what the unique gamestop packaging is going to look like.

thecheese

Hanmik said:
WAUW,,,.,. this is some amazing thread work here..! Thread of the Year for Game of the year..! :lol

btw.. please make this User video part of the OP..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4t81aqMyZk

This is the coolest video for this game ever. It´s made bu a user on Neogaf called: alehousedave his work needs to be part of the original thread..!

Thanks for that request Hanmik! All the positive feedback has been greatly appreciated. And thank you Goldrusher, I am truly honored to have my video displayed in the OP (and an amazing one at that!) for all and soon-to-be RDR fans. This is like a dream come true!

Thermite

I've been blown away by everything I've seen and heard about the game so far. Can't wait!

Also, there better be at least one Deadwood reference somewhere in the game, Rockstar.
Cocksuckers.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Presenting Red Dead Redemption at Rockstar Games Social Club

v328ax.png

Simo

cjtiger300 said:
I am dling The Wild Bunch right now!!!! Can't wait to check it out later tonight!!!!!!

Great stuff! I was going to watch The Good, The Bad & The Ugly last night after that Essence of RDR video but got sidetracked into watching Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid instead.

Just got to dig out my Blu's for TGTBTU, The Proposition, Unforgiven and 3:10 to Yuma to watch along with some Deadwood and then head off to the midnight launch. :D I did manage to convince another friend to get RDR so there will be at least 5 of us showing up at launch.:lol

Social Club looks cool and I like their version of the paper that also tracks your exploits as well as other player's as "news".

New screens:
red-dead-redemption-20100510111034646.jpg

red-dead-redemption-20100510111030458.jpg

Timbuktu

GTA’s cars might be sturdier, faster and laden with on-board entertainment, but the occupants of Redemption’s stables have something far more valuable, given the aforesaid sparsity of human life – a personality.

Who here thinks they will feel a bit sad when the horse you start with and spend a lot of time on is killed, or when you have to give it up for a better horse?

JambiBum

So there must be something about this game that is making me go crazy. Last night for the second time I dreamed that I managed to get an early copy of RDR. I got it from Walmart, except the guy that gave it to me could only give me the disc and not the box for some reason. I also paid 80 dollars but I didn't care. So I get home and try to play and my 360 won't read the disc. I am heartbroken. I take the disc out and look at it and realize that there is no xbox symbol on the top of the disc like most games, but instead there is a game boy advance symbol. I instantly flip the fuck out. I drive back to Walmart and ask the guy what happened and he bullshits me until i threaten his life. He calls security and says that I stole this game and then threatened him when it didn't work. Well they look at the security footage and can clearly see that I paid for the game. So the guy gets arrested for selling the game early and I get my money back but no real copy of RDR. So I go home sad.

Yeah, I really want this game. :lol :lol

MMaRsu

Banned
Timbuktu said:
Who here thinks they will feel a bit sad when the horse you start with and spend a lot of time on is killed, or when you have to give it up for a better horse?

Hell no:lol that horse is getting gibbed!

JambiBum

Simo said:
Hmm anybody else notice that Gamestop are no longer offering the RDR special edition on their site nor any mention of the Deadly Assassin bonus...? They've also took down their RDR minisite that showed which challenges to complete to get the outfit:
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/rdrvote/

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?Product_ID=74710

I actually just called my GS to see what the price difference was so that I could move it over and they said that they didn't have a special edition in their systems.

Timbuktu said:

What if it like shakes its head in that horsey way as you walk off?

*sniff*

Simo

JambiBum said:
I actually just called my GS to see what the price difference was so that I could move it over and they said that they didn't have a special edition in their systems.

Well they never actually had a different SKU for a special edition of the game. Essentially it was put up so that all copies of the game that Gamestop would be selling was the special edition for the SRP of $59.99 that included the soundtrack, exclusive challenges, Deadly Assassin outfit and packaging.

Now there's no sign of it.

Simo said:
Well they never actually had a different SKU for a special edition of the game. Essentially it was put up so that all copies of the game that Gamestop would be selling was the special edition for the SRP of $59.99 that included the soundtrack, exclusive challenges, Deadly Assassin outfit and packaging.

Now there's no sign of it.

I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure it'll all be fine.

Simo

darkressurection said:
Yeah, I preordered this morning and didn't see the Special Edition stuff but I know I saw it yesterday. Hopefully I will still get that stuff.

Looks like it's in-store only now? That or they ran out for online orders.
@TheBatOuttaHell Thank you for pre-ordering RDR! If you purchased in store you'll be getting the Special Edition.
9:55 AM May 6th via HootSuite in reply to TheBatOuttaHell

Via Gamestop's twitter

Not too fussed though since I preordered and paid mine off last November. :lol I just thought it was weird that it was gone since I just saw the info there last night.

Top Bottom