• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

JambiBum said:
Here's how I decide between consoles.

A) Does it have multiplayer? If Yes get it for 360.

Uhuh... but what if most (or all) of your friends are on PS3? ;-)
If you care about graphics/performance too, then you're fucked.

magicaltrevor said:
JambiBum said:

don't do this fanboy. :lol

JambiBum

magicaltrevor said:
JambiBum said:

Most of my friends are on 360. Hence why I said if it has multiplayer get it for 360. Not saying my list will work for everyone. That's just how it works for me. I don't really care about graphics/performance unless it's just something that is unbearable. Take Two Worlds for example. That's really the only time I have ever bought a game and immediately regretted it because of the way it ran.

Nelo Ice

Banned
so are all the pre order bonuses packed inside the case?(other than amazon whos emailing i think)

just wondering if i'll be able to walk into best buy on launch day and pick up a copy or if i have to preorder it to get a slip with the code on it

edit:just looked it up and according to the best buy ad everyone gets a warhorse with any rdr purchase

I love how some people instantly assume if a game has MP you should get it on the 360. I guess all MP games on the PS3 are shit.....right?
I don't think so.

dread9

Banned
pharmboy044 said:
I love how some people instantly assume if a game has MP you should get it on the 360. I guess all MP games on the PS3 are shit.....right?
I don't think so.
364446-udf_ca_nathan_drake3_large.jpg

WRONG

pharmboy044 said:
I don't think so.

Not anymore, no. At least not when it comes to the network/lag/etc.

In social features, the 360 still has the upper hand, but due to the addition of cross-game invites in PS3 games (Modern Warfare 2, BF:BC2), the only big difference is the lack of cross-game voice/partychat on PS3.

WreckTheLaw

Giant Bomb Japanimation Correspondent
magicaltrevor said:
Not anymore, no. At least not when it comes to the network/lag/etc.

In social features, the 360 still has the upper hand, but due to the addition of cross-game invites in PS3 games (Modern Warfare 2, BF:BC2), the only big difference is the lack of cross-game voice/partychat on PS3.

For me, the reasoning is purely personal: I know more people on Live than I do on PSN. The fault is in me, not the service.

LiquidMetal14 said:
Does 360 really use Gamespy? So how about that bitching now eh?

It's very possible. Just because you need Xbox LIVE to play online, does not mean that the game will use MS servers exclusively. In fact, it's very unlikely.

E.g. EA games are always using EA servers.

Voice chat is an entirely different topic though (MS party chat, etc.).

magicaltrevor said:

This is why I am getting the 360 version.

PS3 community just feels cold and disjointed.

Now the 360 might have its share of little kids who complain and bigots... at least I can communicate with them if need be. You can't on PS3 cuz they don't sell mics with the PS3 and I don't want to shell out for a blue tooth one.

Funny story I used my 360's party chat to play Uncharted 2 with a friend!

I'm of the opinion whatever the fuck you like playing on you should get that version. What all your friends have being secondary. Unless one version is actually broken it shouldn't be that big of a difference.

dread9

Banned
UltimaPooh said:

Now the 360 might have its share of little kids who complain and bigots... at least I can communicate with them if need be. You can't on PS3 cuz they don't sell mics and I don't want to shell out for a blue tooth one.

I can see how you feel that way, iv been on my ps3 long enough that it actually feels the other way around for me.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
UltimaPooh said:

Now the 360 might have its share of little kids who complain and bigots... at least I can communicate with them if need be. You can't on PS3 cuz they don't sell mics and I don't want to shell out for a blue tooth one.

You're way off about the PSN community but it's your opinion.

LiquidMetal14 said:
You're way off about the PSN community but it's your opinion.

I'm sure it has some kind of community... I just don't want to take the time to find it.

Also friends are getting the 360 version, etc.

DaveH

UltimaPooh said:
You can't on PS3 cuz they don't sell mics with the PS3 and I don't want to shell out for a blue tooth one.
Bluetooth is a widely adopted standard meaning your headset will work with your PS3, smartphone, PC, MP3 player, etc. The barrier to entry is much lower than shelling out for a proprietary mic that works with one and only one device.

dread9 said:
I can see how you feel that way, iv been on my ps3 long enough that it actually feels the other way around for me.

Yeah, for me too... Plus, developers are now starting to integrate cross-game invites and Presence Data (Information that tells your friends what you're doing in a game, like for instance 'Playing Deathmatch on Mapname, 4/8') into their games more, so it's coming together quite nicely.

When the PS3 will finally get cross-game voicechat, which it will, then it's basically the same as Xbox Live.

Voice chat can be useful and fun from time to time, but I guess I'm the only person on GAF who doesn't want to blabber nonsense nonstop via direct line to my friends in every mp game. I prefer talking to them in person.

zero margin said:
I'm of the opinion whatever the fuck you like playing on you should get that version. What all your friends have being secondary. Unless one version is actually broken it shouldn't be that big of a difference.
I second this opinion. I'm sorry this LIVE vs PSN crap started but back on topic....RDR looks amazing. I love the scenery and just the setting.

Does anyone know what part of North America will we be able to travel in the game?

DaveH said:
Bluetooth is a widely adopted standard meaning your headset will work with your PS3, smartphone, PC, MP3 player, etc. The barrier to entry is much lower than shelling out for a proprietary mic that works with one and only one device.

Yes, I know... but I have no use for a blue tooth outside of my PS3.

The 360 comes with a headset.

and I'm not knocking anyone who wants to get the PS3 version.

Playing and interacting online with the ps3 community is a far more enjoyable experience then on the 360. All multiplayer games I buy for the ps3 now. I refuse to resubscribe to live. Anybody saying live is a better online experience either doesn't own a ps3 to know the difference or is trying to justify their wasted money on the live service.

pharmboy044 said:
I don't think so.
Way to read what he wrote. I'm the same way for the same reason...MP = 360, and it has nothing to do with which system is better, and solely to do with the fact that I have one friend with a ps3, and about 10 with 360s who I actively game with.

Billy Mitchell said:
Playing and interacting online with the ps3 community is a far more enjoyable experience then on the 360. All multiplayer games I buy for the ps3 now. I refuse to resubscribe to live. Anybody saying live is a better online experience either doesn't own a ps3 to know the difference or is trying to justify their wasted money on the live service.

Ohhh look it's a junior member!

Quincey

Banned
Billy Mitchell said:

I find the communities are very similar, as you have shown here.

JambiBum

Billy Mitchell said:

And here it goes. Thanks junior for shitting up a relatively clean thread.

Top Bottom