• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Az

I was going to stick around in this thread to keep up with news since I am getting the game late but looks like I'll just hop in every now and then. Some of you...

Sabotage said:
rockstrmarshal.gif
amazing

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I'm getting PS3 version. Screw it. I tend to do the reverse for my consoles (360 for exclusives, PS3 for everything else).

If the PS3 multi is good, my PSN is Darshiro.

Afrikan

UltimaPooh said:
This is why I am getting the 360 version.

PS3 community just feels cold and disjointed.

Now the 360 might have its share of little kids who complain and bigots... at least I can communicate with them if need be. You can't on PS3 cuz they don't sell mics with the PS3 and I don't want to shell out for a blue tooth one.

why do most people who complain about the PS3 and "shelling out for a bluetooth headset", act like you can't use a $5 or cheaper USB headset?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
MMaRsu said:
What are you guys going to do first? Like for the first hour or so, what do you want to do?
I will do the story for awhile until people pull me off to the multiplayer...

I seriously cannot wait for Tuesday!

Klocker said:
unknown source

thanks, sounds like it's noon EST tomorrow then.

MMaRsu said:
What are you guys going to do first? Like for the first hour or so, what do you want to do?

Missions until I get all the basic gear then I will go treasure huntin for a while and whatever else happens along the way.

Truespeed

JambiBum said:
Here's how I decide between consoles.

A) Is it exclusive? If yes, get it for that console. If no, go to point B.

B)Does it have multiplayer? If Yes get it for 360. If No go to point C

C) Does it have exclusive content that can not be unlocked for the other console? If Yes, get it for that console. If no, go to point D.

D) Does it run the same on both systems? If yes, get it for 360. If no, go to point E.

E) Get it for whichever system it runs better on. If none of these points are valid then do a coin flip.

You really should have flowcharted that.

UltimaPooh said:
Ohhh look it's a junior member!
I thought you didn't care :p

anyways I'm back and I didn't really know any better so I went with Monster cable because it was on sale. I got some end caps as well to make sure the connection is solid. I need to start re-wiring this whole thing now.

Also, I have been going to about how bland I expect the environment to be, not in a horrible way but I was expecting dirt/sand plains with nothing to look at. Rats off to R* for making the dustbowl look so amazingly vibrant

Mik2121

MMaRsu said:
I'll complete the first mission, seeing how you can't go around until you do. Afterward I will probably do a few more missions just to get into the story and then I will just ride with my horse around, slowly, seeing stuff happening around. Maybe some hunting too.

Then I will do more missions and side-quests and more walking around, jump into multiplayer every now and then, etc...

MMaRsu said:
I'm gonna f'n shoot everyone I can and see how high I can get my wanted level before I die. Is that a little disturbing?

MMaRsu said:

First of all, thank you so much for actually bringing the game into discussion.

And second, I'm going to run the first horse drawn carriage I get my grimey hands on, off the nearest cliffside. Then I'll steal another one, but ride it into a train. Then I'd probably sink my teeth into the story, which I'm hoping is at least mostly awesome. :D

JambiBum

I've been avoiding the streams, so the game feels fresh once I load it up, but I was wondering if anyone saw how hand-to-hand combat is. Is it the same as GTAIV?

I really like it how when u kill something like an animal or a human, the body shows up as a black dot on the radar.

I killed a bird and was thinking where the hell did it fall and the just realised they show up

Billy Mitchell said:
Playing and interacting online with the ps3 community is a far more enjoyable experience then on the 360. All multiplayer games I buy for the ps3 now. I refuse to resubscribe to live. Anybody saying live is a better online experience either doesn't own a ps3 to know the difference or is trying to justify their wasted money on the live service.

Or that they honestly believe XBL is a better experience.

UltimaPooh said:
Where are these?

But he's a junior!
....ok fair enough.

I can't wait to get my sound system fully tuned again. I want to be able to hear the game so well I'll know if the guy sneaking up on me is a cheat, varmint, or a claim jumper just by his boots.

JambiBum

rasberryjam said:
I've been avoiding the streams, so the game feels fresh once I load it up, but I was wondering if anyone saw how hand-to-hand combat is. Is it the same as GTAIV?

The only thing I have seen so far is someone running up to guys and executing them. Or they just run up to them unarmed and push them over :lol

xxracerxx

TheVampire said:
I really like it how when u kill something like an animal or a human, the body shows up as a black dot on the radar.

I killed a bird and was thinking where the hell did it fall and the just realised they show up
That is awesome for hunting. Thanks for the info!

Barrett2

Billy Mitchell said:
Playing and interacting online with the ps3 community is a far more enjoyable experience then on the 360. All multiplayer games I buy for the ps3 now. I refuse to resubscribe to live. Anybody saying live is a better online experience either doesn't own a ps3 to know the difference or is trying to justify their wasted money on the live service.
Fucking juniors, how do they work?

And that gif makes me want to watch Tombstone tonight. :D

TheVampire said:

I was wondering about that! Good to know.

JambiBum said:
The only thing I have seen so far is someone running up to guys and executing them. Or they just run up to them unarmed and push them over :lol
:lol

Well, I'm hoping for something similar, if not better, than GTA. I'd like bar fights to be frequent and epic. Also, fist fighting a Grizzly is on my To Do list.

JambiBum

rasberryjam said:
:lol

Well, I'm hoping for something similar, if not better, than GTA. I'd like bar fights to be frequent and epic. Also, fist fighting a Grizzly is on my To Do list.

When his stream goes up I'll see if I can get him to get into a bar fight to answer your questoin.

xxracerxx

iMike76 said:
IGN's review is tomorrow at 9:00 a.m. PST if anyone is interested.
Egh...I do not listen to them on reviews anymore...though I am interested in every review tomorrow.

JambiBum

rasberryjam said:
Much obliged! :D

He was playing a game of Liar's Dice earlier to try and unlock an outfit and after like 10 attempts he finally won. So afterward he got up and just shot everyone in the bar because he was pissed that it took so long to win. :lol

xxracerxx

I do have to say...well done on the score of the game....just the slow plucking of the piano and the up beat crescendo of the action music. Sooooo good.

I love how the old thread was a lot of fun, waiting for and dissecting trailers, discussing posse's, and then the moment the official thread hits, it all just turns to utter shit. Complaining about sub-HD levels, pre order bonuses, links streams posting spoilers, etc.

Hopefully I'll see some of you dudes online, because I am peacing the fuck out of here.

JambiBum said:
He was playing a game of Liar's Dice earlier to try and unlock an outfit and after like 10 attempts he finally won. So afterward he got up and just shot everyone in the bar because he was pissed that it took so long to win. :lol
This game can't come soon enough. Hilarious moments like that will make this one of my favorite games to date. :D

Dabanton said:
This thread is constantly amusing as soon as one area of argument is closed down another opens up. :lol
Some of us are trying to focus on the actual game. It's tough, though.

saw Fisful of dollars and for a few more dollars this weekend and they were great:D

once survivor finishes i'll watch the good, bad and the ugly. then tomorrow after i finish my math final i'll watch unforgiven and 3:10 to yuma. i'm getting so pumped up:lol

BobTheFork said:
....ok fair enough.

I can't wait to get my sound system fully tuned again. I want to be able to hear the game so well I'll know if the guy sneaking up on me is a cheat, varmint, or a claim jumper just by his boots.

Speaking of the sound, from what I've heard on the streams it's amazing. Last night the 4chan dude was riding around in the wilderness and all the sudden a puma/panther/cougar growled(if you've ever heard one/been to a Panther's game you'll instantly recognize it) and he was like FUUUUUU COUGAR ATTACK! The bastard jumped on his horse and fucked it up, but he shot it before it could do him any harm.

Top Bottom