• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Afrikan

UltimaPooh said:
Right now I sit kind of close to my TV so it wouldn't bother me too much.

However I would love for one that connected to the PS3 controller instead, just like the 360's. Does no one make those? Seems like Sony is missing on an opportunity to offer a cheap headset that is essentially wireless through it's controller.

Jabra Bluetooth for $9.40 that uses battery
http://www.overstock.com/Electronic...s-Headset-Kit/3366227/product.html?rcmndsrc=2

$10.99 Bluetooth rechargeable headset by Southwing (?)
http://www.overstock.com/Electronic...eless-Headset/3160412/product.html?rcmndsrc=2

BigNastyCurve said:
I think he was choosing that spawn point on purpose so he could get revenge - not that it was working.

I really don't think he was considering he said in the chat that he couldn't get out of there.

Magnus

I retract a previous statement.

The 360's framerate wins this. I put them both through their paces running through the most crowded town I have access to, and as much as it pains me to say it (being a PS3 fanboy), I might go with the 360 version since the most fluid image ranks up there for me on the list of priorities.

But seriously, really, they're both amazing. I'm just doing this for interest's sake. :lol

(fuck me though, I want that exclusive outfit :lol )

But goddamn, this system's loud. I only have a 20gb, and probably don't have room to install this. Let's see what I can delete, haha.

sw33tclyde said:
IIRC you have to do challenges in-game to unlock the outfit, you don't start out with it. That's how the Deadly Assassain Outfit is from my understanding.

You should see a silhouette of it in the Outfits section though, try to find it there.

Wait, there's console exclusive stuff now too? Also, anybody know what gamestops EXCLUSIVE challenges is or anything?

Magnus said:

The 360's framerate wins this. I put them both through their paces running through the most crowded town I have access to, and as much as it pains me to say it (being a PS3 fanboy), I might go with the 360 version since the most fluid image ranks up there for me on the list of priorities.

But seriously, really, they're both amazing. I'm just doing this for interest's sake. :lol

But goddamn, this system's loud. I only have a 20gb, and probably don't have room to install this. Let's see what I can delete, haha.
looks like your club membership is now revoked.

DaveH said:
Actually, the opposite. If they put it on and it's not in there that's misappropriation/trademark infringement. If they put it on there and it's not substantively the same as PS3 it's arguably dilution (barring a private contract licensing the mark for this specific and different use).

I conceded it could mean it's the entire MP. So actually, not really opposite at all. :lol @ that last part.

soldat7

dsc01491z.jpg

Red Dead Diablo

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Magnus said:
First initial impressions are that the 360 image is definitely brighter and consequently has a slightly washed out look by comparison, but conversely, the PS3's image is a little too dark in dark scenes. This is kind of par for the course with a lot of multiplatform games I've found, especially GTA4.

You might want to set the RGB Full Range option to Limited (Settings > Display Settings)

jedimike

BobTheFork said:
well the console only sets resolution right? IT won't effect color or saturation of brightness, seriously I'm asking. If the games have the same gamma defaults then it's shouldn't matter is what I'm assuming.

Actually, the TV has individual settings for each input. The differences he is seeing is most certainly because of the settings on his TV. Especially since he's talking about things like color saturation and brightness... All related to TV calibration except pop-up.

Can anybody clear this up for me.

http://www.gamestop.ca/gs/rockstar/default.html

This page says you unlock the outfit via these in-game challenges...does that mean these challenges only exist in the gamestop version? Or that you can ONLY get the outfit in the gamestop version?

Or does it simply mean the gamestop version lets you start with the outfit instead of having to do that stuff?

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Magnus said:
The 360's framerate wins this. I put them both through their paces running through the most crowded town I have access to, and as much as it pains me to say it (being a PS3 fanboy), I might go with the 360 version since the most fluid image ranks up there for me on the list of priorities

Isn't the same case with GTA4? It seems like the 360 version had better framerate, iirc.

Good job, Magnus.

Truespeed

Magnus said:
The audio seems somehow richer on the PS3 version. It's like there's a bit more bass and power to every sound effect and the dialogue.

Ah ha, 360 version has sub HD sound! Play field leveled!

DaveH

elrechazao said:
oh jeez, stop that nonsense. None of us know the business relationship between gamespy and rstar, that kind of speculation is ridiculous and unwarranted.
No, but we know the law. If they're not the same and there's no quality controls that's naked licensing. If they're not the same and done without permission that's dilution. I qualified in my OP "barring a private contract" which you ignored or are simply ignorant of the law given your need to recite "none of us know the business relationships" which is exactly what "private contract" entails. Duh.

The MP stream is amazing. Before the round started everyone was fist fighting in a huge group, so awesome. Then there was a showdown(mexican stand-off between two teams instead of everyone for themselves), MP looks addictive as hell.

dread9

Banned
Big Ass Ramp said:
Isn't the same case with GTA4? It seems like the 360 version had better framerate, iirc.

Good job, Magnus.

from what I rememeber IGN did a review on GTA4 and concluded that the both had certain elements over the other, but ultimately the ps3 was slightly better. Could just be my memory though.

G_Berry

Banned
Big Ass Ramp said:

Good job, Magnus.

Yeah GTA IV on 360 definitely had a more stable framerate and besides the shadow dither, a much sharper vibrant look.

I figured it would be the same with RDR.

zero margin said:
you can worry about shit like that, I'll worry about the game.

He's already said he works for a PS3 component manufacturer, but I'm sure he's not biased..

rolleyes.gif

Snapshot King said:
Seriously, can anybody answer my question about those pre-order bonuses.

R* hasn't really commented on the exclusives at all. You'll have to wait until more people get the game to find out I suppose.

Magnus

Man, I just lost track of my mission here and just went off on a wilderness killing spree near Hennigan's Stead. Framerate was beautiful out in the wilds even on the PS3 version.

I can't nitpick here. It's a beautiful game no matter how you slice it.

I'm going to try the RGB Limited option though, thanks. We'll see if it clears up the very dark blacks I've been getting with the game.

DeadGzuz

Banned
Big Ass Ramp said:

Good job, Magnus.

360 was not v-sync'ed while the PS3 was, so the PS3 had to drop to 20fps when at anything between 20-29fps, but no tearing. Maybe the same in this game.

Magnus said:
Man, I just lost track of my mission here and just went off on a wilderness killing spree near Hennigan's Stead. Framerate was beautiful out in the wilds even on the PS3 version.

I'm going to try the RGB Limited option though, thanks. We'll see if it clears up the very dark blacks I've been getting with the game.
wait, I thought you wanted dark blacks. Isn't that why you buy a plasma screen?

UrbanRats

Magnus said:

Magnus, can you answer this question? :D

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Magnus said:

SOLD me on 360 I was so far on the fence, but in heavy gunfights and online battles frame rates are going to suffer it seems on the PS3.. Exclusive content or not framerate wins.. IT can make or break a game..

Top Bottom