• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Reremption is now backwards compatible on Xbox One

I played the shit out of this game, but I'm sure it aged terribly. I am kinda curious about the zombie expansion though.

A next gen sequel would be incredible.

SystemBug

Honestly if my dick was Red Dead Redemption I'd never use my hands to get myself off again. My mouth would be all on that.

Does it run like shit like pretty much everything else. I admit I was hyped for this feature bur from Gears to Reach it has been a huge disappointment.

Honestly if my dick was Red Dead Redemption I'd never use my hands to get myself off again. My mouth would be all on that.

Stare-What-GIF.gif

iMax

Just from reading this thread, there are some issues with certain DLC outfits that they'll need to iron out before publicly announcing it, but it being playable by the public (albeit via weird digital-only loophole) hopefully indicates that it's at a fairly late stage in whatever their testing process is, and it won't be too long before it's official.

Edit: Also, apparently Alan Wake's American Nightmare is available via the same loophole.

what loophole?

Nemic77

Wow do I miss playing this...

Still my favourite game from last gen. Seeing all these streams is just painful, considering I only have a PS4 now.

Still holding hope for an HD remaster before the next Red Dead is released...

So I might play the Alan Wake before and then the expansion. So I'm Still waiting to AW to became BC. I'm really curious about the game.

I think the official release is probably still a ways off. It runs okay, but none of the DLC packs work, so no Undead Nightmare, and no co-op missions/gang hideouts/maps/skins/etc. that came with the MP packs. I'd imagine they'd want the full package working for the BC launch.

RowdyReverb

I wonder I part of the hold up for the physical version of RDR is the fact that the GOTY edition (which I have) had the DLC on a separate disc instead of a download code. This is sort of an unusual scenario, so maybe it takes some trickery to make it work right.

drotahorror

Seems to be running pretty solidly to me. Some slight judder when panning the camera but it's not bad at all. There are some audio crackles from time to time. Also I thought I seen someone say there was no audio in the opening cutscene but I had audio all the way through.

Seems to be running pretty solidly to me. Some slight judder when panning the camera but it's not bad at all. There are some audio crackles from time to time. Also I thought I seen someone say there was no audio in the opening cutscene but I had audio all the way through.

Yeah that was me with the audio none of the cutscenes have audio just background noise. I am reinstalling to see if maybe it was a glitch

brawly

Not surprising when using BC. Mass Effect on X1 can be over 30% slower (up to 10 fps difference) than its original release. Unless they fixed it

But I thought "it runs just like it did on 360, but better"? (Actual E3 conference quote)

Installing now btw but the shit performance puts a damper on my excitement. I might aswell play the PS3 version with Dualshock 4.

But I thought "it runs just like it did on 360, but better"? (Actual E3 conference quote)

Installing now btw but the shit performance puts a damper on my excitement. I might aswell play the PS3 version with Dualshock 4.

I think it varies from title to title? I haven't tried BC myself but I think there were some that ran just as well as their original releases. Maybe it's only certain games that suffer more.

drotahorror

It is not shit at all. Maybe it's one of those YMMV type of deals (poster above had no audio in cutscenes while I did).

There is a deadzone issue as well though but I think I can overlook it.

Also if it matters, I don't use instant-on.

MaulerX

I jumped all over this game when the digital version had gone on sale hoping that a day like today would come. Fucking awesome now I can't wait to finish work and get home to download it.

I think the official release is probably still a ways off. It runs okay, but one of the DLC packs work, so no Undead Nightmare, and no co-op missions/gang hideouts/maps/skins/etc. that came with the MP packs. I'd imagine they'd want the full package working for the BC launch.

Or this stuff just isnt available to download just yet ;) Because this "release" isnt official either.

Maybe all this was planned for next week?

This game is worth it for the euphoria physics alone. Some of those shootouts feel sooooooooo good! Watching someone stumble when they've been shot and tumble over balconies or barrels. Enjoy people!

etta

my hard graphic balls
What if the game was supposed to be ready for February's event because Microsoft have a RDR3 teaser?
WHAT IF RDR3 IS FOR WINDOWS STORE, TOO??

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
What if the game was supposed to be ready for February's event because Microsoft have a RDR3 teaser?
WHAT IF RDR3 IS FOR WINDOWS STORE, TOO??

I just hope the don't pull some Rise of the Tomb Raider shenanigans.

acksman

Finally got it to work. First time ever playing this game. How is this game so good for being over 5 years old. Damn!

Top Bottom