• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Reremption is now backwards compatible on Xbox One

I wish bully was added
Should be fairly easy since it was a PS2 game that was ported x upgraded a bit

I just passed on red dead the other day too, damn

I want Bully as well. I purchased it last year via XBL when they had a sale.

Really cool that RDR is out although not officially because it's a title that many X360 fans have wanted since BC was announced.

I'm happy actually because Hydro Thunder, Witcher 3 and Alan Wake are the games I'd like to play the most and I've gotten 2 out of 3.

Edit: Witcher 2 (Thanks Chitown B)

Chitown B

I want Bully as well. I purchased it last year via XBL when they had a sale.

Really cool that RDR is out although not officially because it's a title that many X360 fans have wanted since BC was announced.

I'm happy actually because Hydro Thunder, Witcher 3 and Alan Wake are the games I'd like to play the most and I've gotten 2 out of 3.

*Witcher 2

It runs OK. Only now at the part where you show up at Bonny's ranch, and so far what others have said is true - it works fine, for the most part, but try to spin the camera and the framerate struggles.

Noticed a few choppy animations here and there, too. Not how I recall it on 360 or PS3, but it's been a while since I've played those, too.

statham

It runs OK. Only now at the part where you show up at Bonny's ranch, and so far what others have said is true - it works fine, for the most part, but try to spin the camera and the framerate struggles.

Noticed a few choppy animations here and there, too. Not how I recall it on 360 or PS3, but it's been a while since I've played those, too.

just curious internal or external drive?

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
This is confusing. So there's currently no viable way to purchase the game digitally and play it on Xbox One? You have to of already own it digitally, right? Has anyone tried downloading it from the Xbox Marketplace online (Xbox.com)?

Someone clear this up for me in detail please. Too much hyperventilating and crazy talk in here to sort out the facts right now.

OK at least I know I'm not crazy about turning the camera and the framerate.

NYR

Best non-Nintendo current gen console gets even better. Can't wait to get home and install.

jake-gyllenhaal-no.gif

Runs fine for me - played up to Bonnie's ranch and a little further (next day) - spinning the camera has some frame issues but I'm unconcerned.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I'm getting no stutters when turning around the camera but I am getting large framerate drops in cities and when doing that train mission. It's installed on the internal drive.

statham

External. HGST Touro 1TB.

If I have the time I might try moving it to the internal, see if that makes a difference. It'd be weird, since the external has been better for XBO games, but who knows.
ah okay, many are saying 360 games run better on external, hoping this was the difference. Still its in testing phase.

OK at least I know I'm not crazy about turning the camera and the framerate.

Nope, it's pretty noticeable. Even during the opening cutscene (didn't have a cloud save to work from) I noticed a lot of weird banding at the top of the screen. It's still impressive and still runs like 99% well, but if you're the type to notice when it doesn't...you'll notice.

To those asking:

Do a friend search for "rockohoward" on Xbox One.
Add him as a friend.
Go to his "Following" page on his profile, and filter the list for Games Only.
Find Red Dead, Tekken Tag, whatever, click it, and it'll go to an Xbox One store page for the game.
Click Install, wait, and enjoy.

Doesn't seem like there's any way to use the games on disc at the moment, so it'll only work if you've purchased these digitally (kicking myself for not getting a digital copy of TTT2). I'm sure they'll be up officially shortly, but this is the best way to go about it for now.

This is confusing. So there's currently no viable way to purchase the game digitally and play it on Xbox One? You have to of already own it digitally, right? Has anyone tried downloading it from the Xbox Marketplace online (Xbox.com)?

Someone clear this up for me in detail please. Too much hyperventilating and crazy talk in here to sort out the facts right now.

I own the disk tomorrow, not today I will try to play if from the disk

Wait, although there's some hoop jumping to get to RDR on Xbox One, does this mean that the storefront to buy X360 games will be available soon?

Xbudz

But is it that bad or just 28 fps hiccups here and there?

It's awful the moment you move the camera in a town. The wide open areas are very smooth.

So the split is extremely jarring.

Hopefully they put more work in before making this BC title official.

etta

my hard graphic balls
It's awful the moment you move the camera in a town. The wide open areas are very smooth.

So the split is extremely jarring.

Hopefully they put more work in before making this BC title official.
Yea, I'm having the same issues. Open land areas are locked 30, towns are like 10fps.
Hopefully because it's not final and not released officially.

arhra

So is anyone else's audio not working during cutscenes or is it just me.

I had some slight crackling/glitching right at the start of the opening cutscene, but it's been fine since.

Running from the internal drive here, for the record.

You could buy it digitally via xbox.com right now, and install it via the method everyone is using - find someone who's following the game ("rockohoward", get to the game hub through the "following" tab on their profile, then get to the store page from the game hub and install from there.

Unless they've already spotted the leak and closed the loophole, that is.

Also, you'd be paying full price ($30 currently) for a game that frequently goes on sale for <$10 though, so I wouldn't really recommend it.

Wait, although there's some hoop jumping to get to RDR on Xbox One, does this mean that the storefront to buy X360 games will be available soon?

Not necessarily. BC games all already have store pages, but they're pretty much placeholders - if you don't already own the game, they're listed as "Bundle only" (as technically the BC license seems to be handled as a bundle included with the original 360 purchase, somehow), so you can't purchase them directly.

They still need to do whatever work needs to be done to integrate the 360 store backend with the XB1 store frontend (they were built as completely separate systems, as BC and cross-buy weren't planned initially).

Yea, I'm having the same issues. Open land areas are locked 30, towns are like 10fps.
Hopefully because it's not final and not released officially.

Yeah how anyone can say this is smooth, beats me. Yes it's smooth at times but other times it's shit.

LostDonkey

I know this is probably a long shot, as I'm no doubt one of the very few people who have never played this game. But I am interested in how it runs so I might finally get round to it in the future-can we get some spoiler tags from here on out?

Ta

Coworker accidentally spoiling the climax of the game put a damper on my interest when I first picked it up on the cheap but years of hearing all the love this game gets has me excited to finally give it a go on XB1.

Well, once I finish some other games first...

Looks like it is better than the halo reach mess but this all makes me happy I have my 360/ps3 still hooked up with a hdmi switcher. So easy to use.

Pif

Banned
Offtopic:

Does a secondhand xbox one day 1 edition retain the preview program status or is it account bound?

Really tempted to get one now.

(Already asked in a another thread but lost track of it)

Tratorn

The framerate in city areas and the stuttering camera is pretty crappy...
Well, at least it was nice to be remembered that this game is still so good. Can't wait for RDR2.

Noobcraft

Offtopic:

Does a secondhand xbox one day 1 edition retain the preview program status or is it account bound?

Really tempted to get one now.

(Already asked in a another thread but lost track of it)
Account bound. My wife doesn't have access to the preview apps on her account with my Xbox. As far as getting the early updates though I'm not sure.

Looks better then I remember. I hate that I've started another open world game, this bc program is just making my backlog larger
All these 360 games I own digitally are going to ruin me ;)

Head.spawn

It's a shame this game never got a proper PC release, but this will do. I never did get a chance to run through any if the DLC.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Downloading TTT2 now. I hope it runs well.
Man I hope that's in the next wave of BC games. Fighters are still quite a weak genre for it and I never had 360. I find it crazy that my PC is becoming good for fighters before Xbone. It's not like it has been failing on the level of Wii U; there is still a very sizable market.

Haven't played this since it released (on PS3). Would definitely like to play this again in the near future and take the opportunity to finally play the DLC.

Top Bottom