• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Reremption is now backwards compatible on Xbox One

According to Major Nelson on Reddit:

"Microsoft tests all Xbox 360 games with our emulator to ensure a quality experience across a breadth of titles. Due to an error, some of the games currently in test were accidentally made available. We have since removed access to those games, and apologize for any confusion this may have caused. We will have more information on upcoming releases soon."

I really don't know why they don't have a separate section on the Xbox One store
for all the Xbox 360 games that you can play on the One

MaulerX

hmm, I got an update prompt for RDR. It wont download the update. I wonder what they changed, I can't play it currently.

Set your console to "offline" and it should play just fine. I'm playing it right now. Just on my horse free roaming the land. Man this game is amazing.

Success

W447

There truly is no better gif for the occasion!

Hawk269

Yea, I doubt Microsoft was testing it before they got the nod from Rockstar. It'd be a waste of time and money to test every game and only then ask for permission to release.

Exactly. MS would of not spent the time working on getting RDR working without getting permission first. It would of been a waste of time, resources and money to do it and then let beta testers test it and not have received the go ahead from Rockstar. They probably are working on fine tuning it, getting the bugs that some had when using unlocked cstuff working properly.

For me, it has been running fantastic, have not noticed any slowdown or anything like that. It has been smooth sailing. I have not tried other outfits or anything, just playing the game as is and it runs great.

Maybe Take 2 called MS and told them that they wanted to release a remaster of RDR instead. I'd love it if that happened.

But...be nice and do both.

Both? No way. I mean maybe many years from now there could be a remaster, but if they're going to allow BC then don't expect that to happen anytime soon.

Why are people expecting a remaster?

They still haven't even released a PC version, so I don't see a remaster coming anytime soon.

The BC publicity got it to be the best seller on Amazon UK video games section.

RPS37

My mom has been in town since the news broke. She just left so, I went to download it and couldn't find it. Started reading this thread why and I find my answer
Jordan-Crying.jpg
Dude I've never actually seen the original non-meme-ified Jordan crying pic.
This is hurting my head for some reason.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Red Dead Redemption is one of the most requested games to become bc. I won't believe that they've just started testing it.

Just set my console to offline and the game is still working. Guess I'm not playing anything online for a while.
I posted 3 above for you to look at (they get very big so beware)

MS and Sony can both turn capture stuff off whenever they like

Edit: Added a 4th some nice lighting

Devs can turn off capture stuff on PS4, but if they don't it is system-wide. Xbox restriction is not that you can't capture the screenshots, it's that you can't get them off the console for non-official stuff, which I think is dumb.

drotahorror

One thing I've noticed is my health doesn't go up or down sometimes or just stays with a full red bar. I thought I was invincible but I wasn't.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Is this available digitally on 360? Or would disc be the only way to play (when it eventually comes out)

rav

I still haven't gotten around to playing this. (I own it digitally on ps3) and it's on my list between many jrpgs :eek:
Should I bother rebuying it? It looks like nothing significant has changed from the x360 version.
I still use my PS3 more than 360/xb1 at this time.

I still haven't gotten around to playing this. (I own it digitally on ps3) and it's on my list between many jrpgs :eek:
Should I bother rebuying it? It looks like nothing significant has changed from the x360 version.

I played it on both systems (still have the PS3 physical and 360 digital) and the 360 version was vastly better.

I played on both systems and imho is worth rebuying on 360/one, since both games cant reach 1080 p, the 360 version with full 720p, better framerate, and minor but relevant graphic features is thr best way to play this game. The only thing the ps3 do better is the vsync, but Xbox one retro adds vsync.

Also the controller, but that is subjective.

Bizzquik

Set your console to "offline" and it should play just fine. I'm playing it right now. Just on my horse free roaming the land. Man this game is amazing.

Just saw the news about this "mistake".

Man, that's a heart breaker.

Wait, Microsoft pulled this? So those of us that downloaded on Saturday can't play it online?

That's like somehow snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Wow!!

THE-MORTIFIED-PUNTER1.gif

Fox Mulder

Exactly. MS would of not spent the time working on getting RDR working without getting permission first. It would of been a waste of time, resources and money to do it and then let beta testers test it and not have received the go ahead from Rockstar. They probably are working on fine tuning it, getting the bugs that some had when using unlocked cstuff working properly.

For me, it has been running fantastic, have not noticed any slowdown or anything like that. It has been smooth sailing. I have not tried other outfits or anything, just playing the game as is and it runs great.

They could just be privately testing and tuning their emulator thoroughly with games that may never get approved by publishers.

Just to clarify, if I buy the 360 version off xbox.com and follow the method that was used earlier in the thread I will not be able to play right now?

etta

my hard graphic balls
I'd nearly buy an Xbone just for this.

I mean, I wont, but I nearly would.
Cuz you is just waitin' for the Xbone to cross $150, amirite?
Jk.
Just to clarify, if I buy the 360 version off xbox.com and follow the method that was used earlier in the thread I will not be able to play right now?
Yes, they took it off for now, only people who already downloaded it could play it offilne.
Just write a letter to Xbox that you're a dissatisfied customer and tell them to hurry up and release it.

My mom has been in town since the news broke. She just left so, I went to download it and couldn't find it. Started reading this thread why and I find my answer
Jordan-Crying.jpg

You'd think Jordan was ripped based on the size of that jacket. Nope. Just Jordan wearing his usual Mississippi pimp size clothes.

The Argus

This topic is now my check every few hours for updates obsession. Come on Microsoft, drop this shit.

Parts of me want to believe there will be a RDR 3 announcement soon and they're waiting for that.

Just wanna chime in and say that the hard reboot did the trick. It's still not perfect (there's still some random choppiness), but it's a whole lot better.

Robbed some dudes blind at poker, forgot how much I hated Herbert Moon. This game is still great.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Was RDR announced and have any gameplay at an E3? I can't find anything on YouTube other than a 2 minute trailer.

Top Bottom