• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Reremption is now backwards compatible on Xbox One

etta

my hard graphic balls
educated guess based on other high profile BC games (halo reach, gears 3, judgement) and earlier reports in this thread
What about the people who had fixed it by clearing cache?
What about the people that had no issues at all?
Also, a game being high profile or not has no correlation to performance. There have been high profile games with no issues, some with issues, low profile games with no issues and some with issues.

icespide

Banned
What about the people who had fixed it by clearing cache?
What about the people that had no issues at all?
Also, a game being high profile or not has no correlation to performance. There have been high profile games with no issues, some with issues, low profile games with no issues and some with issues.

good for them? we'll have to wait for DF I suppose but at this point it's a 50/50 shot if the performance is acceptable or worse

Next time do yourself a favour and buy an Xbox 360 instead if the only reason you are buying an Xbox one is for BC.

did you buy an Xbox one to play a 6 year old 360 game that may have worse performance?

I got an Xbox One because I know I'll play many games on it in the future instead of buying a 360 to play just that 1 game and that's it.

How will you feel if/when this is working officially shortly? Seems a little excessive.

Troll or fool? It will be available again.

I believe it was a leak? They are probably still tweaking the emulator for the game. It wouldn't be the first time things went into the wild by mistake.

The I'm returning it part was a reaction of disappointment I guess. I'll keep it.

What games do you recommend getting on the One?

The Argus

What games do you recommend getting on the One?

Halo 5 is great, Sunset Overdrive is very unique. But if you get one thing, get EA Access for 30 bucks. They just added Madden 16 to the collection of games on there. Even if you're not into Sport games there are a ton of great full games (Dragon Age, Titanfall, Peggle Fucking 2) and every new EA game comes with 10 Hour access.

joms5

Screens look like a 360 game. :(
The resolution is what kills that game for me.

I wish Rock Star was in the business of HD remakes. There are so many titles by them I'd love to have again.

What do you think it would cost them to do an HD remake of Red Dead Redemption?

Are we in the sub 5 million dollar range?

Halo 5 is great, Sunset Overdrive is very unique. But if you get one thing, get EA Access for 30 bucks. They just added Madden 16 to the collection of games on there. Even if you're not into Sport games there are a ton of great full games (Dragon Age, Titanfall, Peggle Fucking 2) and every new EA game comes with 10 Hour access.

Thank you!

Screens look like a 360 game. :(
The resolution is what kills that game for me.

I wish Rock Star was in the business of HD remakes. There are so many titles by them I'd love to have again.

What do you think it would cost them to do an HD remake of Red Dead Redemption?

Are we in the sub 5 million dollar range?

screens don't the game justice, and those aren't exactly the best pics of RDR.

here is the game running on xbone, make sure you set it at 1080p to get the best quality. pretty amazing how good it still looks after all this time, the horses still look better then any other game on consoles.

https://youtu.be/gcGmzm9jh_M?t=414

Screens look like a 360 game.
heh_robin_hood_men_in_tights.gif

You mean like GTA 3 is only loosely based on GTA 1 and 2? Or Fallout 3 on 1 and 2?

Yes, but even more so. It's connecting strings are a few names/places. No returning characters, no connecting plot-lines, really nothing to connect the games aside from the name. They don't even play similarly.

ZOONAMI

It's described as a spiritual successor. But straight up I fourgot about RDRevolver. I even enjoyed it quite a bit on original Xbox. My memory isn't so great.

True. RDRevolver just wasn't a memorable game. It wasn't bad, just nothing standout. It doesn't change my opinon of RDRedemption though. Redemption is one of my favorite games of all time.

Ushay

Damn was so excited for this. Between thus game and the gears games I have sooo much to get through this year. BC doing more work than I expected, all I need now is dead space 3.

So if you get that message about not being able to download an update, you can't play right? I downloaded the game when the first post went up but now whenever I try to run the game it errors out with the update message, whether I am online or offline.

No big deal, i assume in a week or two I'll be able to "officially" play.

urge26

I don't think the game needs a remaster, it looks and plays beautiful on the 360. Since I started playing it Friday night I don't feel like I've been playing an old gen game at all, it's aged well I think in my book.

With RDR2 being built for next gen it should be amazing considering what they milked from the 360.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I don't think the game needs a remaster, it looks and plays beautiful on the 360. Since I started playing it Friday night I don't feel like I've been playing an old gen game at all, it's aged well I think in my book.

With RDR2 being built for next gen it should be amazing considering what they milked from the 360.

Yea, it's incredible how it held up. Even graphically, aside from resolution (to be honest it looks quite sharp for a 720p game), it holds up really, really well.

Top Bottom