• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Reremption is now backwards compatible on Xbox One

jelly

It's very cheap on sale when it comes around and Rockstar Sales on Xbox Live are common as muck but it would be funny if they suddenly became uncommon!

Daffy Duck

Time to buy RDR tomorrow. Sold the game before Undead came out to I badly want that to work as well.

Saddle up Cowboys.

PrinceKee

Disc doesn't work yet :-(. I was all excited and put the disc in to be greeted with "this gsme isn't playable here" message. Wish The digital version was $20 or less...

Theorry

It's very cheap on sale when it comes around and Rockstar Sales on Xbox Live are common as muck but it would be funny if they suddenly became uncommon!

Every new BC title should go on sale imo on release. Believe me they will make alot of money if they make 5 bucks again for a week then keeping it on 30 bucks.

Ricker

The only 360 game that I tried on the X1 is Sacred 3 and it runs like crap,but maybe the game ran like crap originally also...waiting for impressions on this one before installing.

And we wonder why companies are milking there properties with remakes and remasters instead of making new games. Are some of you telling me you are going to buy an Xbox one for a 6 year old game? Sheesh.

Relax kiddo.

People are saying they're gonna buy an Xbone because they've always wanted to play Red Dead, but the 360 is on life support as a console. This way people can move to the next gen while also getting to experience the 360's massive library.

Nick

The only 360 game that I tried on the X1 is Sacred 3 and it runs like crap,but maybe this game ran like crap originally also...waiting for impressions on this one before installing.
They would have hell to pay if they screwed up this backwards compatibility release. I'm not worried.

Bgamer90

Banned
And we wonder why companies are milking there properties with remakes and remasters instead of making new games. Are some of you telling me you are going to buy an Xbox one for a 6 year old game? Sheesh.

1. There are plenty of new games to play.

2. Some people didn't get to play these games during the time of their original release and don't have last gen consoles anymore.

3. Those remakes (and now BC) help the chances of new current gen versions to be successful.

4. Why do you care about what people do with their money?

Im at 50%.

Will report asap
Let us know how the performance is. I played on PS3 which was sub 720p and crappy framerate. It's hard to play it now because of that. My wife and I have been talking about getting an Xbone to complement our PS4 but didn't have anything worth buying on it before now.

Yabo

Banned
Did the intro, and first mission. Game seems to run fine. Typical 360 R* game, but I can't tell if it's the emulation or how it ran originally. Game's cutscenes still looks good a few years later

Zeta Oni

installing now, tekken teg tournament 2 as well.

should get a gaf lobby going online once everyone is up and running

The only 360 game that I tried on the X1 is Sacred 3 and it runs like crap,but maybe the game ran like crap originally also...waiting for impressions on this one before installing.

That game already ran semi bad, I believe it runs better perhaps on the one. Not sure, but yeah, game was poor performance, so no worries.

acksman

Just bought this on Xbox store but its not showing up on my console and I'm a preview member, weird. Wonder if it just takes a bit.

What does it matter how old a game is? A good game is a good game. Just because something is new doesn't make it good.

FrsDvl

I take it it says Bundle only because i don't own it digitally? Would've liked to be able to at least download it for when the disc does work.

Awesome! Glad I bought it digitally when it was dirt cheap one time, can't wait to finally play Undead Nightmare since I missed it the first go around!

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Just bought this on Xbox store but its not showing up on my console and I'm a preview member, weird. Wonder if it just takes a bit.

You might wanna read up on how you get it. It won't show up in your library, there are specific instructions in the OP. Really wish I had bought this during the last sale. :(

on your xbox go to friends, follow rockohoward and go to "follow", choose games and you'll see RDD and now you can switch to the store and Download it.

Given its being tested but not officially launched i'd probably expect the game to run pretty poorly and not be finished but hopefully its all good

Top Bottom