• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Reremption is now backwards compatible on Xbox One

Human_me

So I just played 30 minutes of it.
It runs well, Undead Nightmare DLC isn't working yet.

It looks better than I remember, but I haven't played it in years.

As for performance, there seems to be quite a bit of lag when shooting. I can't remember whether it was like that on the 360 or the performance is worse (The 360 performance wasn't the best at times.)
Also at times the game randomly freezes for a couple of seconds and then is fine again.

Overall I say its Playable but not ideal.

I look forward what Digital Foundry and NXGamer make of it.

Gowans

bgxXp6X.png

http://www.storeparser.com/en-US/xbox-360/search-results/Red+dead/game/red-dead-redemption/

Surely another drop due soon

cakely

Well, shit. This was my most wanted Xbox One BC.

This is a game I always wanted to finish ... got to Act 2 on the Xbox 360 years ago, then got distracted.

If performance is good, I'll consider picking up a digital copy. Is performance good?

$30, ouch, for a game I already paid full price for once. Hopefully that graph you linked is right and another drop is due soon.

Theorry

Well, shit. This was my most wanted Xbox One BC.

This is a game I always wanted to finish ... got to Act 2 on the Xbox 360 years ago, then got distracted.

If performance is good, I'll consider picking up a digital copy. Is performance good?

Hopefully you have a cloud save. You can pick up where you left off haha.

Found a bug, I guess. I have the Walton's Gang Outfit unlocked because I bought the GOTY Edition. The problem is that seems to be missing from this, so when I put it on I become an invisible man with floating guns.

EDIT: Fuck, it causes the game to crash.

Can't remember but didn't RDR have two discs on 360? I thought they couldn't figure out how to handle multiple discs with X1BC.

Eugy80uc

Neo Member
i'm italian,i have buyed my copy digital copy now of rdr,but i dont see it in my app and game...can you solved my problem?

etta

my hard graphic balls
The graphics hold up really well! And the 30fps feels constant from just galloping around with the horsey. There's no input lag when aiming, but there's some pretty terrible deadzones.

Theorry

The graphics hold up really well! And the 30fps feels constant from just galloping around with the horsey. There's no input lag when aiming, but there's some pretty terrible deadzones.

So its just like you are playing with a 360 controller. :p

Well that sure came out of nowhere. Didn't they already announce all the BC games of this month? Good stuff though. Even though I don't have it digitally and I sold my hard copy a while ago.

We still DO need that Red Dead 3 announcement though Rockstar!!!!!!

dragoncdf

after i saw this i checked and it's not showing as ready to install.checked the xbox website and i do own the digital version but it's not showing.

Chris1

Well that sure came out of nowhere. Didn't they already announce all the BC games of this month? Good stuff though. Even though I don't have it digitally and I sold my hard copy a while ago.
It's not officially released yet hence the workaround and digital only.

No longer doing monthly batches for BC. They now become available as soon as they are ready.

Top Bottom