• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RED GODDESS - 2.5D Metroidvania Kickstarter - PC, MAC, LINUX, PS4, PSVita, WiiU

yanim

Neo Member
We have improved the animations for Rage. We have tryed to do the animations in a Darkstalkers style. The Idle and run animations are now more like a beast (like Darkstalkers wolf), the hands are now more in attack position. We have also improved the melee attacks. The combo attacks has changed, now it's small/small/medium damage, so the 3rd punch is bigger.
Please take a look to this gif

RageNewAnims01.gif

yanim

Neo Member
Hello everyone!

We’re developing Red Goddess with Unreal Engine 4, in this Engine the editor viewports have some visualization modes which we can see the type of data being processed in the scene and we can diagnose any errors. In the screenshot bellow we can appreciate one example of some of this visualization modes:

GameViewmodes-1024x827.jpg

Unlit view mode: removes lighting, showing you Base Color only. Diffuse only.
Lit view mode shows the final result (Materials and lighting have been applied).
Shader Complexity Mode: we can test overall performance for your base scene, as well as to optimize particle effects, this mode is used to visualize the number of shader instructions being used to calculate each pixel of your scene. The view mode uses a color spectrum to indicate how expensive the scene is, more expensive means more slower is the game. Green through pink/white represent a linear relationship of ideal to very expensive pixels, if the majority of your screen is covered in bright red or white, the performance will be worst.
Lightmap Density mode displays the lightmap density of statics objects, it shows the quality of the shadows in relation to the camara’s distance, the pre-calculates shadows should be on blue color (it is smaller) through red (texture is too much big).
Reflections view mode overrides all materials with a flat normal and a roughness of 0, which is a mirror. This is useful for diagnosing the detail of reflections and allowing you to place more Reflection Capture Actors in areas where you need more detail.
Player collision: it shows where the player could do the collision.

yanim

Neo Member
Hello!

We just finished the IE, it's a collection of information on screen during general gameplay. this screenshot shows the player's status;

+The Mini-Map in the left, will display the Player Character's position and the objective.

+On right side, the Player Character's HUD displays their: capabilities, experience level, and also game progression: life, mana, level...

MapMenuScreenShoot-1-1024x576.jpg

We're going to introduce "exit" and some lines to point and is ready. What do you think about?

yurinka

Hello!

We just finished the IE, it's a collection of information on screen during general gameplay. this screenshot shows the player's status;

+The Mini-Map in the left, will display the Player Character's position and the objective.

+On right side, the Player Character's HUD displays their: capabilities, experience level, and also game progression: life, mana, level...

MapMenuScreenShoot-1-1024x576.jpg

We're going to introduce "exit" and some lines to point and is ready. What do you think about?

Looks great! But I'd try to don't overlap the character with the text, and at the same time I'd make sure the non- title texts are always inside their rectangle.

yanim

Neo Member
Looks great! But I'd try to don't overlap the character with the text, and at the same time I'd make sure the non- title texts are always inside their rectangle.

We really appreciate your opinion, we're going to check it how its works like this change, thanks! :)

maxcriden

We really appreciate your opinion, we're going to check it how its works like this change, thanks! :)

I have one additional opinion to what was said above, if I might. Just for my own purposes, really, but just a thought. The color palette of the background of the menu above is a bit saturated, so there really isn't a lot of visual color contrast compared to the image of the game itself. For those of us with sensitive eyes, it might be a bit harsher on the eyes that way. So I might suggest a different background color. :)

Thanks for your time, can't wait for the game!

yanim

Neo Member
I have one additional opinion to what was said above, if I might. Just for my own purposes, really, but just a thought. The color palette of the background of the menu above is a bit saturated, so there really isn't a lot of visual color contrast compared to the image of the game itself. For those of us with sensitive eyes, it might be a bit harsher on the eyes that way. So I might suggest a different background color. :)

Thanks for your time, can't wait for the game!

thanks for your comment, we're going to do some changes, we'll post new screenshots about the next week. Nice weekend!

yanim

Neo Member
Hello!

Please take a look this #screenshotsaturday Rage in the crystal cave, we're developing Red Goddess using Unreal Engine 4. Thanks and nice weekend!

B8oiNJxCAAI5wy-.png

yanim

Neo Member
Hello!

We're delighted to share with you the new trailer for our upcoming 2.5D platformer adventure Red Goddess, showing off a revised edition of the gameplay. In particular, you get to see the gravity jump ability as well as updated, the "Evil Mask" gameplay and User Interface, with world map, player stats and quest. Divine (the main character) in action, with new environments and characters, baddies to beat and NPCs to greet across the vibrant, unique landscape:

Please take a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg8orCP4OBc

Please give us some feedback about this if you can, thanks for your support!

MaLDo

Hello!

We're delighted to share with you the new trailer for our upcoming 2.5D platformer adventure Red Goddess, showing off a revised edition of the gameplay. In particular, you get to see the gravity jump ability as well as updated, the "Evil Mask" gameplay and User Interface, with world map, player stats and quest. Divine (the main character) in action, with new environments and characters, baddies to beat and NPCs to greet across the vibrant, unique landscape:

Please take a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg8orCP4OBc

Please give us some feedback about this if you can, thanks for your support!

Hi, my opinion

- Animations are ok. Good enough.
- Particles are awesome.
- A chromatic aberration option (on/off) in menu must be a must have nowadays. Don't force people into that.
- Fighting foes doesn't have impact. Seems off because they don't react in a good way.

yanim

Neo Member
Hi, my opinion

- Particles are awesome.
- A chromatic aberration option (on/off) in menu must be a must have nowadays. Don't force people into that.
- Fighting foes doesn't have impact. Seems off because they don't react in a good way.

We're very grateful about your comments, we're going to check with the team, if is possible to improve the colors in the menu and the fighting foes as well. Thank you so much!

yanim

Neo Member
Hi, my opinion

- Particles are awesome.

We've check it with the team, we're going to look if it's possible in Unreal Engine to use this aberration option because it's a good idea, THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Also we're going to improve fithting foes. Great comment, thank you!

yanim

Neo Member
Red Goddess is a nonlinear side-scroller with platform and combat situations in an adventure to explore the inner-mind of a Young Goddess with the objective of remembering and recovering her own powers.

In Red Goddess, you play as a troubled deity named Divine, who feels confused and haunted by her past. she is in imminent danger, Something mysterious and unknown is tearing her apart from the inside out, destroying her mind, her soul. To save herself, she must explore her own mind and the planet that exists within it. This exploration is fraught with impediments and obstacles. The journey begins when Divine decides to right this wrong by exploring her own subconscious, where she will discover a planet within her own mind made up of mountains, forests, caves and perils unknown.It’s a journey with combo-based combat, classic puzzles and some nifty platforming elements.

In Red Goddess, She’s helped in her journey by her two alternate personalities Rage and Fear, embodiments of her emotions. Within her mind, the enemies are her own negative thoughts and she is hunted by them as she seeks safety from an unknown enemy.

bridge-on-the-jungle.jpg

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I was following this game since the forever, on Gonintendo (I'm interested in the Wii U version) but I've missed this topic LOL
I like how this game looks and its world. Go ahead Yanim!

yanim

Neo Member
I was following this game since the forever, on Gonintendo (I'm interested in the Wii U version) but I've missed this topic LOL
I like how this game looks and its world. Go ahead Yanim!

Thank you so much for your comment!

yanim

Neo Member
Today we're working on the components of the Rage character, We're going to improve the character functionalities like: shadows, colors, mesh, ...

http-makeagif.com-media-2-05-2015-sc7maL.gif

S1kkZ

game looks cool, i look forward to the ps4 version.

a more technical question: some developers using unreal engine on ps4, dont use anisotropic filtering. you guys are probably not working on the ps4 port yet, but it would be cool to get some firsthand comments from developers on that "issue".

yanim

Neo Member
game looks cool, i look forward to the ps4 version.

a more technical question: some developers using unreal engine on ps4, dont use anisotropic filtering. you guys are probably not working on the ps4 port yet, but it would be cool to get some firsthand comments from developers on that "issue".

Hello, we're working on port to PS4 now, and it's working so well, we don't find any problems with.

yanim

Neo Member
Happy Saturday everyone! Here is our #screenshotsaturday,chating with shaman #indiegame #unrealdev using Unreal Engine 4, Please take a look:

divine-and-child-platform-1024x576.jpg

Thanks for your support!
Twitter Facebook

yanim

Neo Member
These Metroidvanias are never as good as an actual Metroid game... But I will keep my eye on it.

Thanks for your comment!
Actually Red Goddess is a nonlinear side-scroller with platform and combat situations in an adventure to explore the inner-mind of a Young Goddess with the objective of remembering and recovering her own powers. Further information at: www.redgoddessgame.com

TY

yanim

Neo Member
We are in alpha state, meaning we have the core mechanics and systems, all over level designs, general enemy sets, sound effects in place for tweaking, testing, and breaking.
We're working to continue to refine systems, polishing and improving scripting, with source code and Unreal blueprints editor. We've finished 3d art, but now is the step to improve lighting..

Some #screenshots of the programmers:

SourceCode1060-1024x540.jpg

W2Village1060-1024x556.jpg

We're so glad you like it! Thanks for your comments

Okay two random questions... well okay one random question:

1.Will this have cross buy? I want to buy it for my PS4 but I also have a Vita which hungers for games like these.

2. Are there any pandas?

Game looks good and the cost of entry is low enough that I am willing to jump in!

A question for the developer, how are you porting your game to Wii U? Currently there is no support for that platform with UE4. Did you modify the source code to run on Wii U? Or is there early work in the source code for Wii U?

A question for the developer, how are you porting your game to Wii U? Currently there is no support for that platform with UE4. Did you modify the source code to run on Wii U? Or is there early work in the source code for Wii U?

I believe that while Epic said that UE4 isn't officially supported by them on WiiU that the tools are there for any developer that wanted to use it to make a game for WiiU.

Mithos

I believe that while Epic said that UE4 isn't officially supported by them on WiiU that the tools are there for any developer that wanted to use it to make a game for WiiU.

I think it was more like, if any developer wanted they can port UE4 to Wii U themselves for their specific game, Epic would not be doing any official porting of the engine.

yanim

Neo Member
Okay two random questions... well okay one random question:

1.Will this have cross buy? I want to buy it for my PS4 but I also have a Vita which hungers for games like these.

2. Are there any pandas?

Game looks good and the cost of entry is low enough that I am willing to jump in!

Hello,

1.We'll release first on PS4 and after on Vita, You can buy PS4 and after in Vita :)
2.Pandas means??

Thank you so much for your comment! We look to hear from you about "pandas" :D

yanim

Neo Member

Yes, you're right is UE4 is not possible to port directly to Wii U, we should port the source code to Unity and adapt. It's a hard work, we're going to port when the development on PC will be finished, Thanks

yanim

Neo Member
I think it was more like, if any developer wanted they can port UE4 to Wii U themselves for their specific game, Epic would not be doing any official porting of the engine.

As we said, to develop on Wii U, we should change engine to Unity. ;)

wilflare

Hello,

1.We'll release first on PS4 and after on Vita, You can buy PS4 and after in Vita :)
2.Pandas means??

Thank you so much for your comment! We look to hear from you about "pandas" :D

Oh so there won't be Cross-Buy? :( that's a bummer. What about Cross-Play and Cross-Save?

televator

Metroid style game. *gasp*
On PS4. *gasp*
Female lead. *gasp, passes out* :p

Indies doing gods work. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Top Bottom