• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Oaks Season 2 on Amazon Prime Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
7e328gh.jpg

I really enjoyed the first season. It wasn't anything momentous or must-watch, but it was light and very digestible. The second season just came out today (11/11/16) and has gotten better reviews than the first season already. First episode is a different tone and I really enjoyed it. The first season didn't really get talked about much on here, but I hope more people might check it out if this season really is much better.

Season 1 Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcGIvQJhbSY&t=49s
Season 2 Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsuriLv1qVQ

Synopsis:

An Amazon Original Series: A coming-of-age comedy set in the "go-go" 80s about a college student enjoying a last hurrah before summer comes to an end--and the future begins.

Reviews:

Indie Wire: 100
Aside from the sheer enjoyment that comes from watching the delightful and whip-smart comedy, there’s a case to be made for Red Oaks as the most significant nostalgia-infused TV series currently streaming.
The AV Club: B+

It’s a sweet, well-made show. It may not dominate the conversation of the internet, but it’s certainly worth talking about.
Yahoo TV: 4/5
Oaks remains assiduously small-scale, and that only works toward its charm. (Compared with ABC’s blasting ’80s sitcom The Goldbergs, Red Oaks is a masterpiece of low-key discretion.) The pacing is sometimes tediously slow, but for the most part, Oaks is cozily welcoming.

No one else seemed interested in this. I thought the 2nd Season was really good. Probably in the top 10 seasons of the year that I have seen and I have watched a lot of television this year.

D23

I just discovered this show like two days ago. Been binge watching it. Show is so funny. I love it and it looks amazing in 4k hdr.

I haven't watched S2 yet but very excited. I thought Season 1 was fantastic. One of the best 80s throwback things I've seen in awhile. And the music is outstanding! As someone who grew up in the 80s, I love the nostalgia in this, much more than Stranger Things.

mm04

Great, I really loved Season 1. Going to start/finish Season 2 this week. What's funny is I didn't even realize Nash is Rich Dotcom on Blindspot. He's one of my favorite "bad guys" on that show as well.

I haven't watched S2 yet but very excited. I thought Season 1 was fantastic. One of the best 80s throwback things I've seen in awhile. And the music is outstanding! As someone who grew up in the 80s, I love the nostalgia in this, much more than Stranger Things.

Season 2 has a great soundtrack again. It really improves on everything that I liked about Season 1.

n64coder

I'm about halfway through season 1 (about to watch ep6 Swingers) and am enjoying the series but I don't recall laughing once. Surprising because it is considered to be a comedy.
I do like some of the characters and it is an easy watch so I'll finish the series out.

Is Season 2 much better than 1?

jerry113

Banned
I'm about halfway through season 1 (about to watch ep6 Swingers) and am enjoying the series but I don't recall laughing once. Surprising because it is considered to be a comedy.
I do like some of the characters and it is an easy watch so I'll finish the series out.

Is Season 2 much better than 1?

On par.

I think it's a coming of age drama first, comedy second.

I work for Amazon, but I must confess that this is easily my favorite show on Amazon Video. It's not really a comedy, but a dramedy.

Paul Riser nailed the stereotypical 80s prick persona, he's probably my favorite character along Richard Kind's.

I've only watched the first 3 episodes of season 2, and I find it better than season 1 already.

rafaelr

thanks for the heads up, gave season 1 a try on friday and finished season 2 yesterday.
needless to say, i really liked it! if they do a 3rd season i´ll watch for sure.

I work for Amazon, but I must confess that this is easily my favorite show on Amazon Video. It's not really a comedy, but a dramedy.

Paul Riser nailed the stereotypical 80s prick persona, he's probably my favorite character along Richard Kind's.

I've only watched the first 3 episodes of season 2, and I find it better than season 1 already.

Did you finish it yet? I'm interested in hearing what more people think of Season 2. More people need to watch this.

TVexperto

YESSSSS!! I seriously love Amazon Prime for doing that. I know the show hasnt really generated much buzz or won any awards but it feels so much like freaks and geeks in a sense that it takes me to better and simpler times

Double D

Glad its getting a 3rd season but disappointed that is all it'll get. I really love this show. I had heard nothing about it and decided to give it a go a couple of months ago. Just a really fun show in a sea of all the other dramatic/heavy/intense stuff that I watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom