• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redbox Black Fri used game sales. Bloodborne, GOW3, The Order, FFX/2 $9.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
So can you check each box's stock online or not?

You can check to see which kiosk has a copy online, however I don't think that means that all kiosks may actually sell the games.

Could be wrong though.

Fuck you people of Redbox
Bought Bloodborne and GoW and both games came out as some DVD movies. FUCK YOU

This is what i'm afraid of too. I wouldn't mind getting the order for super cheap to pop in once in a while and look at the graphics but apparently they don't issue refunds in this case either, they just give you some free rental codes.

someone on CAG had the same thing and they wouldn't refund his money.

Redbox doesn't do enough to deter it. It's been happening forever.

Also the apparent refusal to refund makes it even more gross. I wonder what their collections process is like, how much they pursue thieves.
yea I actually thought they gave refunds when it happens. Gross if they really don't. Wouldn't they legally have to because the product sold is not the product delivered.

sensui-tomo

Redbox doesn't do enough to deter it. It's been happening forever.

Also the apparent refusal to refund makes it even more gross. I wonder what their collections process is like, how much they pursue thieves.

yea I actually thought they gave refunds when it happens. Gross if they really don't. Wouldn't they legally have to because the product sold is not the product delivered.

couldnt you just issue a chargeback on your CC/debit card?

I found God of war 3. I was really looking for revelations 2 and final fantasy. I feel like all kiosks near me in NorCal purged all semi older games, like from final fantasy and back. They are all fully stocked of newer games to rent.

Vlaphor

I bought GOW. Was kind of interested in The Order, but not really. I'd rather check to see if the local library has it first for free rental. Also wanted FF Remaster, but nobody around here had it.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I'd like Battlefield Hardline for $9, but only one location near me has it, and I don't feel like making a 40 minute trip to go grab it.

Good luck finding the games you want. A lot of locations are wiped out in my area.

Hydrus

HELL YES!! Thanks OP for the heads up. I managed to get the last Bloodborne disc in my area. Brand spanking new! There is literally no scratches on it.

Just a heads up, make sure you browse all the redboxes in your area on the site. I kinda wasted some time driving from box to box, when I found out you could search on the mobile site.

:ps4: Bloodborne $8.99
:ps4: God of War III $8.99
:ps4: Tearaway $18.99
:ps4: Until Dawn $28.99
:ps4: The Order: 1886 $8.99
:ps4: Final Fantasy X/X-2 $8.99

Holy shit every one of these is a damn steal.

Tearaway at -$18 is a steal
Until Dawn at -$30 is great
FFX-X2 is amazing at $9
Bloodborne at sub $10 is insane.
The Order 1886 is definitely worth the experience at sub $10

I'm tempted to sell something and jump on all of those

ss_lemonade

Nice, the ps4 stuff I want are available just around the corner.

By the way, can I easily continue my FF X vita saves on the ps4 or does that require something like ps plus?

Was able to grab Rev2 in decent condition and saw several FFX games too. Thanks redbox!

Edit: had a disc unreadable scare, but that was probably due to me being paranoid about germs. Is installing fine now.

//ARCANUM

Can you use the hold for pickup option on redbox.com and then be able to purchase it from the kiosk instead of renting it?

Thanks for that info dude, looks like imma goto a redbox for the first time ever for that GoW deal

Can confirm you just need a card and it'll come in a generic case. Just make sure you click the actual game image so you can view the game info and the buy button will be grey on the bottom right.

Can confirm you just need a card and it'll come in a generic case. Just make sure you click the actual game image so you can view the game info and the buy button will be grey on the bottom right.

So you don't need to create any kind of account or anything, right? No mailing list?

I'm going for my nightly five-mile walk. I pass several Redboxes whenever I do so. The CAG thread linked in the OP mentioned some games already at their sale prices at certain kiosks, so I'll keep an eye out; I don't imagine the odds of anyone else living in the Tampa/St. Petersburg, FL area and lurking this thread are very high, but I'll report back with my findings anyway.
Let me know!
Edit: Fuck

Mortemis

Banned
Just picked up FFX/2 HD, really bummed I can't find blood borne anywhere. :(

how can you tell if a redbox actually sells games? it doesn't tell you online right?

Nope, it doesn't tell you online. Just went to the closest one that said they had FFX/2 and clicked the on sale button, and got it.

Jawmuncher

Such a pain that no kiosks in my area have the games i want. But all the ones in florida do.
Hopefully my buddy isn't tired after work and can go check em.

AnAnole

My final haul: Bloodborne, GoW 3, FF X/2, MLB the Show and RE Rev 2.

I saw Far Cry 4, but it was listed for 18.99 for some reason. I actually saw 3 Bloodbornes after going to about 20 kiosks and several FFX/2s and GoW 3s

how can you tell if a redbox actually sells games? it doesn't tell you online right?

Ive been buying $5 blu rays out of redbox for the longest time and have noticed the kiosks selling games since two weeks ago. You gotta go to the kiosk in person and go to the game section and look at the categories part and it will have a "for sale" category. Ive bought ps3 ac rogue and ps3 ultimate action collection of tomb raider, sleeping dogs, and just cause 2.

Hydrus

Just picked up FFX/2 HD, really bummed I can't find blood borne anywhere. :(

Nope, it doesn't tell you online. Just went to the closest one that said they had FFX/2 and clicked the on sale button, and got it.

Yes it does. Just select browse on the redbox location on the website, then scroll down to find and select games. It will tell you what they have. Saves you time from driving from location to location.

//ARCANUM

Anyone have any good suggestions for a replacement case for Bloodborne? Looked on eBay, no one is selling any cases only. I guess I could try and find a normal, blank PS4 case online, but wanted to see if anyone had any good suggestions?

Mollymauk

Picked up GoW3. The one I went to had a pretty good selection. Would have picked up Until Dawn and Bloodborne if I didn't already own them.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
The Walgreens on the corner of East Bay and Starkey in Largo, Florida has AC: Unity and God of War III.

Just reporting the day's findings. If I run into anything else I'll let y'all know.

daffy

Banned
The Walgreens on the corner of East Bay and Starkey in Largo, Florida has AC: Unity and God of War III.

Just reporting the day's findings. If I run into anything else I'll let y'all know.
Awesome. Thanks for this. If you have time to get over to Daytona Beach and find a copy of RE:R2 and Far Cry 4 I'd appreciate it

Top Bottom