• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Release date for Kingdom Hearts 3 has been decided, but Nomura can't announce it yet

Silvawuff

I don't think we'll see this game any time in 2016 -- at least if they're smart. I'd rather wait an extra year and see some serious polish.

BadWolf

I don't think we'll see this game any time in 2016 -- at least if they're smart. I'd rather wait an extra year and see some serious polish.

With that train of thought they might as well delay it for a years and make it even more polished.

If the game is finished then it is finished.

The last thing SE should do is drag their ass with the game.

RK128

I'm just saying that in general, even if Nomura rushes through every single unresolved plot point, (Aqua, Ventus, Terra, 7 Lights, True XIII, Princess of the Hearts, War, X-Blade, etc ), that's at least KH2 level of content, with a far, far larger final battle, because now the final battle with involve 7 chosen ones instead of Sora/Riku only.

And if past tittles in the series mean anything, the Disney World's/FF World/TWEWY World will be a self contained story while the two-three original worlds (Twilight Town, World that Never Was, Keyblade Graveyard) will be the story-heavy worlds where stuff goes down.

Regarding the story in general, I expect it to be simple honestly :l.

Spoilers following:
Sora goes through the Disney worlds and learns about the 'new' seven princesses and helps them/save them/work with them to make the KH1 Keyblade that opens hearts. Riku and Mickey explore two other worlds on there own and save Aqua at some point while Sora, Donald and Goofy venture to worlds. After that keyblade is formed and Aqua is found, Xenhort appears and fights with the group. Sora uses the keyblade that unlocks hearts to fight him, which leads to two things happening; Tara escaping Xenhort and Sora freeing Ventus/Roxas/Xeon from himself. This leads to the 'big' twist happening; Sora becomes 'Xenhort' for the remainder of the game, with control being passed down to Ven or Roxas. You go back to the worlds and fight the unversed and Sora, leading to a big fight at the Keyblade Graveyard that closes off the story of the Xehnort saga.

Granted, that doesn't sound so simple, but it will be far less confusing compared to games like KH3D for example.

Really curious how soon this release date will be. I was going to be surprised if it comes out in 2016 but maybe that isn't as far off as I thought...

Servbot24

Banned
If there's a specific date you'd have to think it would be in 2016.

That said, you pretty much expect a delay at this point.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I'm glad that they currently know better than to divulge any sort of release window considering how much KH2 was delayed.

Afrocious

So I wonder when the Final Mix is planned.

Also, I like the idea of seven new Princesses of Heart. Someone help list some:

Tiana,
Frozen chick (never seen the movie)
Rapunzel,
Girl from Brave
???
???
???

RK128

Tiana,
Rapunzel,
Girl from Brave
??? = Atlantis the Lost Empire Princess
??? = FFVII Character (if that is a new world to the game)
??? = The World Ends with You character (if that is a new world to the game)

That is my guess, considering I expect Square Enix worlds to finally make there debut into the series (and it makes since too, considering they could use FFVII Remake assets for the world to save money and the fact that TWEWY was hinted at a future world in KH3D).

I can't believe people think FFXV won't be out in 2016. They're starting the final marketing push by the end of fall, no way they'd do that for a game that's still over a year out.

I think Luminous and other in house engines are/were the root of Versus XIII and now FF XV's development issues. It simply took too much time for SE to get out a modern inhouse game engine. Hence, SE using UE4 for all projects aside from the one that's already has had Luminous in use for over 2 years.

Nope. Remember Nomura is working on it now primarily.

XV will release before since it seems to have a competent manager directing it now.

But now Nomura has a competent, finished and well documented engine and toolset. Is gonna be a fierce battle of which one will be released sooner, that's for sure.

BadWolf

But now Nomura has a competent, finished and well documented engine and toolset. Is gonna be a fierce battle of which one will be released sooner, that's for sure.

I don't think that is the case at all, FFXV will release first for sure and then a lot of the team will go on to help finish KH3.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.

Tiana,
Rapunzel,
Girl from Brave
???
???
???

I doubt it. I'll be surprised if we see Tiana and shocked if we see anything from Brave in this. Also Brave is Pixar so there's a lot more popular things to go through if they're finally going to tackle their movies.

I don't think that is the case at all, FFXV will release first for sure and then a lot of the team will go on to help finish KH3.

I agree with the first, but I don't think they'll be splitting development on KH3 to happen in both Osaka and Tokyo.

I think they'll go help out FFVII instead (specially if that one uses Luminous too).

Bousf

If FFXV released somewhere between March and May 2016, then I'd see KH3 happening during Q4 2016, otherwise it would be 2017.

FFXII HD should happen next year, as it is XII's 10th anniversary.

And DDDHD needs too happen ASAP. Too relevant story-wise to be left out!

Mariolee

FFXV in the first half of the year and KH3 in the second?

I would cry.

We just had an E3 with The Last Guardian, a Final Fantasy 7 remake, Shenmue 3, Kingdom Hearts 3, Doom, Street Fighter, a new Star Fox, and a new Rare IP alongside a spiritual successor to Banjo Kazooie. In this new world, anything is possible.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Almost all new worlds? Meaning I won't have to play through the garbage known as Halloween Town again?

I agree with the first, but I don't think they'll be splitting development on KH3 to happen in both Osaka and Tokyo.

I think they'll go help out FFVII instead (specially if that one uses Luminous too).

FFVII is most likely being worked on by CyberConnect2 and using UE4. XV team will probably move onto XV sequels depending on how important it is to recoup luminous costs.

Only when I'm playing through Agrabah for the 7th time in beautiful current gen graphics will I get excited. The wait for Kingdom Hearts 2 felt forever, and this has actually been longer!

ViciousDS

Banned
Yes, KH3 looks like it has got far fast since the switch to UE4, I'm expecting a fall release next year.

FFXV Q1 2017

FFVII Reborn being the fall title in 2017 since its the 20th anniversary for everyone at that time except Japan which will hit 20 years in January of 2017.

ViciousDS 8)

Pre XV will be a megaton imo. Would it make sense? I guess if XV isn't ready then KH3 would be the perfect tide over until XV release.

Faenix1

Hope we find out if KH1.5/2.5 are jumping to PS4 anytime soon, and if we'll even see a 3D HD before the release date for 3.

Got 1.5 on PS3, but hesitant to get 2.5 and never played 3D. ><

Wasn't Kingdom Hearts supposed to have a game per year? Or was it Bravely Default.
Anyway, can't wait for Kingdom Hearts Ultimate Remix.
Fixed and seems about right.
There has been a yearly KH game ever since they said that. This year it's Unchained X and next year is KH 3 or DDD HD
or both square pls

ViciousDS

Banned
This is killing me.
But i guess UE4 is that much more convenient to use than Luminous.

Well UE4 is feature complete correct? They are developing the engine in the process of developing the game for Luminous. So they are doing both at the same time....which is why its taking so damn long!

UE4 is complete and done, all they had to do was import assets over and use the tools available to make the game they wanted.

ViciousDS 8)

Top Bottom