• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Release date for Kingdom Hearts 3 has been decided, but Nomura can't announce it yet

kewlmyc

Having a release date doesn't mean anything if Nomura targets 2017. Still, will be crazy if 2016.

WHERE DAT DREAM DROP DISTANCE CONSOLE PORT, SQUARE? You can't drop the bombshells that occured in DDD and just throw it out there in KH3.

They probably don't want to do a port for a game on a console that's still getting heavily supported.

a56f835c76.png

Nomura's real reaction

KHlover

Banned
Bet development of Final Fantasy XV was stalled because Nomura secretly worked on concepts for Kingdom Hearts III the entire time. After it was announced he staged a coup and gave development of FF XV away, threw Square Enix own engine in the bin and now pushes his team to implement the already planned concept into the game in record time in UE4. KHIII before FF XV confirmed :p

Falchion

My knee jerk reaction is that not being able to announce it means that it's a ways off. Hopefully it'll come out sooner than later though.

Cedric

"Almost all the worlds will be new" is bigger news to me. So tired of Olympus, Agrabah, and Wonderland.

To be fair they barely did anything with Wonderland, I agree with Agrabah though. Olympus is tired at this point but at least they're dumping the coliseum, or that's how it seems right now. Mirage Arena making a comeback?

I would laugh so hard if this comes out before FFXV. It just means Nomura isn't really slow. He can get things done when he's got a team behind him.

fertygo

I would laugh so hard if this comes out before FFXV. It just means Nomura isn't really slow. He can get things done when he's got a team behind him.

Its just confirm their engine is goddamn mess, with UE4 shit done real quick.

Altho to be fair Tabata also doing great job since start from ground up to accelerate the progress

Philippo

Calling it now:
FFXV - May 2016
KHIII - December 2016
DQXI - Spring 2017 (slightly missing DQ Anniversary)
FFVIIR - November 2017

WarLox

So which title was announced to be released in jp holiday 2015 and 2016 in the states at e3? I thought it was kh3. :(

yeeeeeeee

Neo Member
This doesn't mean anything. Any project gets scheduled before development and a potential release date is already set at that time. It may look like Square does it the Blizzard way of "released when it's done" from the outside but I'm sure they plan stuff, then if they actually manage to respect the plans is another thing. Stuff happens and things get delayed, in their case it seems to happen quite often so it's definitely better not to announce anything too early.

Top Bottom