• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember Me (New Trailer)

bryanee

It looks interesting and I hope to see more of it soon. I'd like a walkthrough of another level just to get a grasp how it plays.

Voice acting is bad.

Byaid.gif

I cliked on this thread just to see this gif. Started laughing because I knew it would be posted.

Caelestis

I am liking the feel of this game so far. It might not be on a level of some AAA games, but the premise seems interesting enough to give it a shot.

Kacho

Really digging that boss battle. Came across as very Capcom, if that makes any sense.

I was pretty cold on the game after the first trailer, but I'm a touch more interested now.

UrbanRats

Good:
Cyber Punk setting.
Paris instead of some US city.
Memory hacking could get interesting.

Meh:
Everything else.

Bad:
The writing, just mute the game, please.

peakish

I think it's basically 'ghost trick-esque' puzzle game, wrapped in uncharted formula but replace shooting with brawling.
Honestly that doesn't help me much, haha :)

I'd like to say that I'll give it another look when it releases, but I may or may not have forgotten about it then (sorry).

Edit:
Liking it so far on setting alone, but yeah, can't pin down why it doesn't feel as exciting as other titles.

I don't understand the hate. Looks pretty decent and interesting. We will see how it ends up.
Well for me it was like they showed a few different elements of the game without giving them enough context to let me know how they fit together. So I can walk around in a city, but is that for show or am I actively hunting my objective in it? Now I'm climbing a building, but is there more to the objective than that? Oh, the alarm went off and I'm not sure if this is skippable or not since it seems heavily scripted with lots of fighting - then a boss fight happens. What about my target?

2 minutes isn't a lot of time to show a game off in, but this scattershot is so wide it barely hits anything for me. Somebody said it looked like a pitch video and I do get that feeling, showing stuff they want to have in the game, but without accompanying information about why.

Much better trailer, possibly because of the limited dialog which has, thus far, been painful.

The glitch stuff they have embraced for their audio and visual presentation in these trailers is horrendously annoying to me. If this is reflected in the actual game, this is going to be one hell of a short rental.

I like the whole Neo Paris setting so ill keep my eye on this one

This still bugs me. I can't bring myself to suspend enough disbelief to buy that Paris would ever be called anything but Paris.

El-Suave

Really digging that boss battle. Came across as very Capcom, if that makes any sense.

It makes a lot of sense, but for me that's probably the thing I liked least about the trailer. It looks too much like a standard video game battle, and in my opinion it didn't fit with the rest of the video. But then again, if it's better than the Deus Ex HR boss battles, it's progress.

AzaK

Well that trailer turned me off the game if anything. The premise sounds cool but they essentially showed only the fighting encounters which are the most boring parts of any game IMO.

The older previews looked a lot cooler than this trailer. Might get this, but definitely not for full price. It looks like a decent mid-tier action game. Hopefully it's got the right length.

Despera

Banned
Will try out before passing judgement. I'm kind of conflicted right now, the trailer was equal parts awesome and sub-par.

sleepykyo

Is it too asshole-ish to say that this look like a C-level developer attempting to make a AAA game?

It does seem fairly consistent with Capcom's current strategy.

Looks more cinematic than DmC. Shame the lack of a brand and the female lead have already doomed the game.

Games should embrace the bad writing and stop taking themselves so seriously.

But game critics love it when bad writing plays it straight. eg. Heavy Rain, MW2, any NT game, etc.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I don't remember you but if I did I would have gotten Electro Shock Therapy or Lobotomy.

Striek

I think it looks really cool. Shame it'll be a megabomb and I'll contribute to that by waiting for the bomba price.

Can't say this will be a day 1 pickup for me, but I'm certainly sold on picking up the game at some point. Looking forward to seeing more.

pelican

Is it too asshole-ish to say that this look like a C-level developer attempting to make a AAA game?

Not really. Sometimes these things work out.

Take Rocksteady for example prior to Batman. Note - I'm not saying this will be a repeat of Batman:AA's quality or success.

Top Bottom