• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remembering Ryan Davis, 1979 - 2013

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Games Industry has lost one of it's best people :(

Thanks for the memories Ryan! You fucking rocked!

I can't believe this happened. How the hell???

Falifax

Such unexpected news. Hearing "Hey everyone it's Tuesday" every time I will play an old episode of Bombcast is going to be really heartbreaking. R.I.P.

haikira

The most saddened I've been about losing someone I've never met, in quite some time. RIP Ryan and I wish all the best for your friends and family.

RusselUp

I'm really really really shocked. My condolences go out to the Giant Bomb family. Been a fan ever since I saw him on Gamespot.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I have basically know of Ryan since he came around the GS days. I followed enough og GB even if I wasn't always there for everything but this almost bring some tears to the eye.

Sad since he just got married as well.

Moofers

Man, I'm stunned. That really sucks. Things just aren't going to be the same without him. And his poor wife. Lord, have mercy.

Unreal news.

VanWinkle

Did the Giantbomb guys just find out about it today? It says he passed on the 3rd, and that's also that last day he was tweeting. This is just crazy.

FourMyle

Ryan Davis and Jeff Gerstmann are the reasons why I subscribed to Giantbomb. This is so sad. Only 34 years old and so good at what he did.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Wow, very shocking. Condolences to his family and friends. I just started listening to the GiantBomb podcast in March, but I grew really attached quickly.

I'm actually a bit surprised we didn't find out sooner.

Wow can't believe this. I was listening to his live e3 commentary a few weeks back on twitchtv which was also the first time I put a face to the voice from the podcasts.

So young too, same age as me. My condolences go out to his family and friends. Such a sad loss.

klinkcow

Neo Member
I don't know what to say. Even though I never had the chance to meet Ryan, he had a huge influence on my life and career over the past decade. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

This is a truly sad day.

I had to read it from three different sources before I believed it, what a horrible tragedy. I can't imagine what his wife and family are going through right now.

Huge loss for the gaming community :( Man, I still can't believe it.

squadr0n

This is extremely sad news for all. Ryan was one of the reasons I still following gaming news. I've grown up watching him from gamespot and then to giant bomb and had a huge amount of respect for the man. He will surely be missed. He was one of the few people I loved to watch everyday. Man this is just nuts. Hope his family is taking this ok.

Top Bottom