• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remembering Ryan Davis, 1979 - 2013

This is horrible! He just got married too like last week or something. So young too! I didn't realize he was 34. That's only a year older than I am.

RIP. My deepest condolences to his family, friends and colleagues over at GiantBomb.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Wow. I'm stunned, I feel like I know the guy. Very depressing news.

Salaadin

Damn. I dont follow Giantbomb much so Im not too familiar with him but RIP Ryan Davis. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

:(

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
Despite not knowing him outside of the work he did on Giant Bomb/Gamespot, I still feel like I've lost a friend today.

This speaks volumes of his impact on gaming and the community around it. He will be missed and, hopefully, celebrated for his work in the space.

Axiom

This is utterly terrible. RIP.

I just can't believe this. I didn't even know the guy personally and I feel numb. He provided so much entertainment and he came across as such a great dude. Just sobering.

Tragic.

Pookmunki

RIP Ryan, thanks for the hours of entertainment you provided to us all. Best wishes to his new wife in getting through this terrible time.

Barakov

Oh man. :(

My condolences to his family and friends. This makes this even more awful given that he was just married.

He just got married too :(

This is really awful =\

My condolences to everyone at Giant Bomb, and all of his friends and family.

Rest in peace Ryan Davis

SmokyDave

I can't believe this. I'm at work right now and I feel like I'm about to cry. Even though I never met Ryan it was such a pleasure to hear him every week on the Bombcast. I just... I can't believe this happened.
I'm fighting back years for someone I never even met. Never happened before. Truly awful.

I can't believe.

It's weird that I can feel so bad about somebody I've never even met passing away.

Although I've heard the opinions, stories and general life events of the GiantBomb crew and other site's podcast people more than a lot of my own extended family.

For 6 years I've listed to Ryan. I'll now never hear him again.

And only a couple of weeks after his wedding.

Rest in peace, Ryan.

5amshift

Banned
Jeez, he was more of a face of Giant Bomb from me than Jeff. Met this guy once and can vouch for his amazing kindness. RIP.

rookiejet

How's this even possible? Holy cow. This is unreal. And he was just married! My heart goes out to his fiance and family. God...

SamuraiX-

Just heard... what a huge shock.

I never really watched Giant Bomb but even I know what a key figure Davis was in the gaming world.

Horrible news to start a Monday. :(

R.I.P.

Gunsmithx

My thoughts and prayers to his friends and family,

I can only guess what his new wife is going through, I have no idea how I would have dealt if my wife had died a week after our wedding.

This is just unbelievable. Love the bombcast and everybody on it so much. Patrick moving was a blow but obviously this is on a whole other level of finality and horribleness. Truly devastating.

Atomski

Honestly feel sick hearing this. All the talk of him getting married and now this.

Ive been listening to this dude for a few years and its just shocking to hear he has died :(.

RIP.

Gowans

As a fan I am devistated, I can not imagine the feelings of those that new him personally.

What a personality that has gone.

I'm going for a quiet walk with the dog.

ACE 1991

Such a loss, this is hitting me way harder for someone who I don't personally know... I've spent probably hundreds of hours listening to Mr. Davis. Rest in peace.

Top Bottom