• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reminder - North American Splatfest (Splatoon) going on right now (July 4)

KDC720

So what does the winning team get? Just bragging rights?

Loving the nightime maps and plaza though, wish they would bring those out more often.
Go Team Cat!

xinek

I'm getting a comm error like every round, after the final scores are displayed. Makes it impossible to stay with a team. ><

Tygamr

Ugh seriously? Why today? I'm so busy... At work now, then I have to go to my grams house for the 4th right after that, and then head to a friend's party after that....

Jachaos

This event is great. The nighttime in the plaza, maps, different music, team Dog and team Cat clashing and you want to win even more than usual.

B4s5C

Bah, I want to play but the university I am staying at right now has too strict a NAT for Wii U games :(

Pokemaniac

Welp, Splatfest has basically confirmed that most of the really laggy, disconnecty people I've seen playing Splatoon online are actually Americans, and not the people who are actually on different continents than me. It's not really unexpected, but still pretty depressing.

So what does the winning team get? Just bragging rights?

Loving the nightime maps and plaza though, wish they would bring those out more often.
Go Team Cat!

Winning team gets their Super Sea Snails doubled.

Sadly I'm out of town this weekend and will have to miss out. Go Team Cat!

Are all the matchmaking issues from the Japanese Splatfest all gone?

Pokemaniac

Sadly I'm out of town this weekend and will have to miss out. Go Team Cat!

Are all the matchmaking issues from the Japanese Splatfest all gone?

I've been playing a bunch, and only had to wait longer than normal once or twice. They definitely seem fixed.

Did Team Cat give up My last four matches were against Dogs. It wasn't a typo or anything as they had the same Dog shirt like I have on. I don't want to kill my Doggie bros. :(

DrArchon

Just hit dog champion. Disappointed in how many dogvsdog matches I had. I assume those won't count in the Splatfest, right?

Just hit dog champion. Disappointed in how many dogvsdog matches I had. I assume those won't count in the Splatfest, right?

yeah NOA said on their twitter only dog vs cat matches count

I only had four cat matchs vs like the 10 dog ones I had

I gave up for now, hoping the cat people will come on later.

Nanashrew

Banned
Team cat had Jesus on their side but they could not win against me, the dawg champ supreme. Though I had help from Elvi$, the king of rock, who too was a dawg champ.

SephLuis

Got the dog queen title. Not enough cats so I had a few matches where their team has only one or two people against four of us.

Scribble

This is my first major online gaming experience and I'm loving it. If only there was an mmorpg that felt like this game. - I'd lose my life to it

Moonlight

Banned
Me too...

Is there any way to see who is winning?
Being able to see who's winning would break the event. You'd just look at who's winning more games and join that side, and everyone else would too. Conquest (which was SSB4's version, so to speak) let you see winning team's percentages and that went as well as you'd expect. It'd play even less well in Splatoon seeing as there's actual stuff on the line for the winning/losing team.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Nobody can change sides though, so knowing the score wouldn't break it.

But yeah dogs are gonna win. I lost like ten games in a row with cats.

Peff

Welp, the European Splatfest seems to be going awkwardly. Like ten of the fifteen-ish games I played now were Rock vs Rock.

Other than that and some lag now and then, boy is this game fun to go back to for some quick matches.

Top Bottom