• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reminder - North American Splatfest (Splatoon) going on right now (July 4)

Busaiku

There are Rock posts all over the Plaza billboards, which means that team is winning. It was full of Pop posts a few hours ago.
I think that has more to do with the people you encountered.
Even if there are more of 1 type of team overall, wins against that same team don't apply.

Vena

Welp, the European Splatfest seems to be going awkwardly. Like ten of the fifteen-ish games I played now were Rock vs Rock.

Other than that and some lag now and then, boy is this game fun to go back to for some quick matches.

Rocks are superior!

It is nice that they changed the rules to allow teams to play each others even if they are on the same side, makes the whole thing a lot smoother.

taoofjord

This event is so fun. I love the changes to the hub area and the levels all being at night. It's just a shame that the splatfests are going to be pretty rare.

This event is so fun. I love the changes to the hub area and the levels all being at night. It's just a shame that the splatfests are going to be pretty rare.

Are we sure they're going to be rare? Hasn't Japan already had two of them?

Hopefully we get at least one per month.

fourth-of-july-2015-5118459331477504.2-hp2x.jpg

Coincidence? I think not!

Anilusion

So US is Dog vs Cat and EU is Rock vs Pop?

Also, every single game I have played for the last few hours have been Rock vs Rock.

JC Lately

Was only able to play for like two hours this morning, been doing family stuff ever since. Might be able to lend Team Cat my sword on the final hours.

How will the winner be announced and prizes doled out?

Daknight

Man, kind of feel bad for the guy that was all alone againts our team. 4 vs 1 is sending the guy to suicide...it was 90.00 to .06. Total destruction.

Bro is team cat though and has had 3 consecutive battle with his team being 3 people only O_O.

Splastfest is fun though, makes the battle feel more meaningful :)

I'm LOVING the music change during Splatfest matches, it really changes everything!
I wish there was more than one track for Splatfest though, as it got a little stale.

He one minute left music though, that has to be my favorite song in the game. It's so much better than the default version, and it's just really pleasant to listen to.

catbrush

Everyone is on Team Dog, so rather than the usual instant matchmaking there's a couple minutes of waiting between matches.

Yeah, you get 12 at royalty vs 8 at Champion.
*18, 12 post-patch for losers

Of course, the old values are still used to calculate the number of snails for the winners. I think they just wanted to reduce the feeling of, "Shit, I played for hours and got robbed because I chose the wrong team!"

Team Cat but feel like Team dog will win.

Nintendo also has to fix these dropped players issue. Multiple times my team only had three players connected. Shouldn't they be able to see that and not have a win counted. Frustrating.

I played for the last hour and it was fun... aside from the 4 Dogs (including me) going against 1 Cat (against Cat Queen Enders).

She put up a good fight, but we dominated the area.

Sad to see Inkopolis change back to normal...

Played for like 8 hours, got to skin lots of cats and turn their fur into sea shells. Today is a good day to be a squid now, kid now...

I played for the last hour and it was fun... aside from the 4 Dogs (including me) going against 1 Cat (against Cat Queen Enders).

She put up a good fight, but we dominated the area.

Sad to see Inkopolis change back to normal...

I miss the old music.

The new song is alright but it's so repetitively droning after a while.

OuterLimits

Enjoyed it. I was on Team Cat, but I think Dogs will win in a landslide. I often had matches with only 3 total Cat players unfortunately. They usually didn't go well.

I wonder how often they will do Splatfests? Was fun, and hopefully next time the lost connection issues will be worked out.

Labrys

I was able to play a grand total of 1 round, which we lost. Every other time I tried connecting the signal dropped.

The plaza music was nice at least.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I was able to play a grand total of 1 round, which we lost. Every other time I tried connecting the signal dropped.

The plaza music was nice at least.

How long was yo9u trying to play? o_O you really need to get your connection checked.

Top Bottom