• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reminder: We vote with our wallets and time. Not with what we say.

Is bluecowboys right?

• Yes

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes and he also has a foot long

Votes: 15 60.0%

• Total voters

Fredrik

An individual screaming and kicking does affect the discourse more than an individual not buying a game.

Especially on Neogaf. You would be surprised how many and who browse this site.
Yeah, I’ve done the pay with your wallet thing, nothing changed - 30fps is still a thing. The only thing that happened was that I didn’t play tons of games most here hold as their favorites. Fortunately I’ve got to play some later in remasters and BC updates though but I was never there for any GOTY voting etc and had the stories mostly spoiled. As a principle it may feel right to not be there supporting something you don’t like, but it isn’t fun. I jumped into PC gaming eventually, it fixed most of my problems.

Sentenza

I ALWAYS vote with my wallet and put my money where my mouth is, so this attempt to call me out leaves me a bit indifferent.

My default position about most purchases is that I need to be persuaded to pay for something, not that I have to throw a tantrum if something doesn't suit my taste.

FQGZtI9WQAYsL_-.jpg
You’re essentially punching down when it comes to Nintendo. We all know the Switch is nearly 2 generations behind graphically, so it’s not a good example to use for pointing out hypocrisy.

In saying that however, I agree with your prior post that the hypocrisy is there and it is a problem in not only our community but others. We whine, then we buy to whine more.

As annoying as it can look from the outside in, I’d still rather take people who actually buy new games and complain about them, than people who never buy anything new, are mentally stuck in 2008, nostalgia-driven, and complain nonstop about everything new, because these newer games didn’t release between the years of 1986-2008(NES to 360 generation) and thus they aren’t made of gold. There’s usually not a good way to have a constructive conversation with them, and you can barely convince them to try a new game that’s exactly like an older one, because they’ll find a way to nitpick it to death.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
I'll be playing Redfall day one, of all the shady practices this industry has inflicted on gamers the last 15 years a game not having a 60fps mode at launch hardly registers on the Richter scale, if it wasn't an Xbox exclusive the thread wouldn't be 3 pages long.
I didn't buy Dead Space as paying £70 for a remake makes me sick and I didn't buy Hogwarts because it looked like typical licenced over hyped rubbish.
Instead of day one I just put a figure on a game I'm prepared to pay and stick to it.

Top Bottom