• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 0 HD Remastered announced (2016; PC,PS4,XB1,PS3,360)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithil

Dunno why you wouldn't just keep the REmake HD's design for her, it's perfectly good

EXQSjqR.jpg

Mr_Zombie

Thanks for the advice. What if that particular item is in Rebecca's inventory, when I'm going with Billy, or vice versa?

To be honest, I don't remember if such situation can even occur. I haven't played the game since it was released on GameCube.

EDIT: Ok, Nemesis_ already answered that.

FTF

If I buy the physical collection and delete the digital version of REmake, will it keep my save files and work with the disk version? Pretty sure it would, just have no prior experience with this to confirm.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
If I buy the physical collection and delete the digital version of REmake, will it keep my save files and work with the disk version? Pretty sure it would, just have no prior experience with this to confirm.

Is there some kind of transfer system between the two?

Edit: I see what you mean now. You should be fine, as the digital version and disk versions are usually the same.

Jawmuncher

Guess you'll have to find out for us. Since it depends on how the disc is set up. But in all other cases the save should be fine.

Mr_Zombie

I really hope the physical version includes Steam codes, since I pre-ordered one and I don't have a DVD player in my PC. >_>

For people who bought the game, please let us know if it has the same music glitches as its predecessor. If it doesn't, I'll consider buying the collection.

Considering your username, I find this surprising. Sort it out!

Lol. I will endeavour to soon! I think I got really near the end of RE3 on PC once but never as far on PS1, but I have it on my PS3 along with CV so I'll probably give them both a go after hopefully getting through RE0.

Sidenote: as much as I am a pretty big RE fan, I chose this username as a dumb joke around the time RE6 came out, at the time it felt a million times funnier to me than it actually is haha. I sent a moderator a PM once asking for it to be changed, but I wasn't too disappointed when I never heard back as I wasn't really expecting them to comply in the first place...

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
My PS4 preload started this morning.

My physical version hasn't shipped yet.

Wanted the disc but didn't want to wait until Tuesday. I'm not even feeling bad about it.

Has anyone seen anything about RE.NET integration? Not that it adds much, but I enjoy all the statistics

Mr_Zombie

A video showing all costumes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiPxG9fGHHc

You can change costumes anytime you want during a game by using a suitcase in your inventory. Given the amount of costumes Rebecca has it's a great idea.

And our concerns turned out to be true, Billy was robbed.
He has only 4 costumes: his default one, the mafia suit, Cody's costume and wolf force costume.
:(

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
I'll do it if nobody else is

Is anyone doing an OT for this? It's out in two days, lol.

Resident Evil Zero HD Remaster by Kamineko (26th December 2015)

Midnight January 19, 2016 release

me

You can change costumes anytime you want during a game by using a suitcase in your inventory. Given the amount of costumes Rebecca has it's a great idea.

He has only 4 costumes: his default one, the mafia suit, Cody's costume and wolf force costume.

Good stuff, will add to the OT

Astral Dog

Oh my, looks cool im getting it despire already played those games before and hating the costume preorder thing, its already an expensive Remaster, just include the costumes there :/
Edit: its $40 right?

Parsnip

Couldn't help but notice the bigass mouse cursor on the corner there, I hope the final build will hide it when gamepad is used.

Golnei

Poor Billy :(
But there is still hope for new dlc right

I don't think we'll get any post-launch DLC at all, that'd be out of keeping with basically all of Capcom's remasters. Even when they add substantial additional content like with DMC4SE, an ordinary patch is too much to hope for outside of the base game. Though that could be more to do with the whole Access Games situation - isn't the RE0 team mostly internal, unlike what happened there?

In any case, hopefully we'll be surprised, and they'll decide to do themed Valentines' and Halloween costumes for Rebecca through the year, maybe with a stars-and-stripes bikini for Independence Day.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Preload is just a little over 11 GB. That's smaller than I expected. I've been wanting to replay this since I had it on launch on GC.
image.jpg

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I have a faint recollection of someone saying there's a point in the game, a bit like in Code Veronica, where you can screw yourself over if you don't have the right items with you. Does my memory play tricks on me, or is there something like that, and if so, where exactly? Without spoilers, if possible. =)

While it's been answered, there's a few segments in the game Billy and Rebecca get seperated, and a few parts when they do one or the other is not playable, thus their inventories are not accessible. But nothing like Code Veronica, the game design is mostly wiser than that and you don't encounter any boss fights in these scenarios, need a puzzle item before these happen, or have a save you can't get out of right before one of these scenes happen. But it is wise to make sure Rebecca and Billy each have one healing item and some ammo each, as mentioned.

Haven't been keeping up with this just bought it. You think its possible someone can mod Co-op into the PC version

Theoretically possible? Well, yeah, if a talented enough group of modders tried, it'd be possible. MT Framework is definitely possible to do co-op in. Likely? Not really, and Zero doesn't really have a design pacing that's made for co-op unfortunately. There'd be multiple long segments on one of the two characters doing nothing. Right as soon as you get Billy to join your party, like immediately as soon as you do, there's an event shortly after that gets one of the two characters trapped in a room where all they can do is send items through a little item depositing department. They'll likely be stuck there for 20-30 minutes as the other character goes explores the train, fights a boss, etc. And that's hardly an exclusive moment, the game has maybe somewhere around 10 different times one of the characters can't do anything for extended periods of time, sometimes not even playable.

I always had mixed feelings about RE0 but I'm really looking forward to this anyway.

It definitely has a lot going for it in terms of being a 'classic RE', despite some of the issues like the mostly lacklustre enemy design etc.

I've never actually finished this game somehow. I originally rented it for Gamecube back in 2002 and since I sucked so much at these sorts of games back then I doubt I even made it off of the train. I got the Wii version in around 2010 but gave up on it at some point, presumably out of apathy more than outright boredom/frustration.

I'm still really excited to play the remaster, but kind of wish the game had just done certain things differently (such as: had crimson heads ala REmake; been darker/scarier in general, not that it's a slouch in that department compared to most other RE games; had item boxes even though I guess in theory you can just designate appropriate areas as 'drop off zones' for items)

I always liked Rebecca appearance wise, she's the only RE girl I've ever found particularly crush-worthy. And Billy wasn't that bad a character I guess. I don't remember much of the story from what I played of it, other than it being pretty out there.

It looks like they did a great job with this remaster on the technical side of things... Fingers crossed I manage to play it all the way through this time (come to think of it, I've never actually finished RE3 or CV either, though I think I prefer those games to this one overall).

I'm hoping the Remaster does raise people's overall opinion. I also will say, I think Zero's strongers parts are its beginning part, a longer segment in the middle, and its last part (my personal favorite part of the game is when you go into
the torture chambers, and later in the game when you're out of the training facility and head to the church that has a laboratory underneath it

i feel a lot of people haven't beaten it though, and see how it goes down when more have played it now.

Oh my, looks cool im getting it despire already played those games before and hating the costume preorder thing, its already an expensive Remaster, just include the costumes there :/
Edit: its $40 right?

Origins is $40 (the physical edition of both Zero and REmake), Zero by itself is $20.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
How's the alternate control scheme? Is it the same as in REmake HD that was released a year ago? Is it better than the old school tank controls?

Never got to play this back in the day. Looking forward to it despite hearing its a pretty weak entry.
I have sort of a fetish for fixed camera angle games with pre-rendered environments. You don't really see that too much anymore.

Melchiah

While it's been answered, there's a few segments in the game Billy and Rebecca get seperated, and a few parts when they do one or the other is not playable, thus their inventories are not accessible. But nothing like Code Veronica, the game design is mostly wiser than that and you don't encounter any boss fights in these scenarios, need a puzzle item before these happen, or have a save you can't get out of right before one of these scenes happen. But it is wise to make sure Rebecca and Billy each have one healing item and some ammo each, as mentioned.

Thanks. I'll be sure to have them carry what's needed, and make alternative save files just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom