• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 - Ultimate HD Edition |OT| Welcome back, stranger!

Grief.exe

Are you 100% sure about that first part? I'm really apprehensive about unlocking early via VPN so I think I'll just wait it out. I'd love to play as early as I can but I'd hate to get myself banned for something so insignificant.

And to take it one step further, if you were to get banned for doing something like that, what exactly happens? Do you suddenly have no more access to your library? That would be pretty crazy...

Zero reported incidents of Valve ever taking action for people using a VPN in this manner.

Why would Valve hurt a paying customer?

Kadin

So if I bought this before time is up, I still get those pre-order goodies, right? :D
The pre-order bonus is still good on GMG. If you buy there, don't forget to use voucher O61269-BIMBGU-JRDM3J for 25% off too.

I imagine pre-order bonus is good other places too but this is the only one I just verified.

Kadin

Zero reported incidents of Valve ever taking action for people using a VPN in this manner.

Why would Valve hurt a paying customer?
Well the way I see it is that you're purposely circumventing their policy to unlock the game at a specified time (for your region). I don't agree with it but that's just the way I would see it and why they would potentially ban you.

As to why they'd hurt a paying customer, you're also a paying customer if you use a VPN to buy from another region and yet that's certainly frowned upon. I just think it's too risky but either way, I'm cool with waiting.

I'm definitely bummed that I thought it would unlock in a couple hours to now have to wait another 6.5. Ah well...

I'm trying to get confirmation that you can aim with the right analog stick. Otherwise no sale. I just can't go back to that type of control scheme.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Well the way I see it is that you're purposely circumventing their policy to unlock the game at a specified time (for your region). I don't agree with it but that's just the way I would see it and why they would potentially ban you.

As to why they'd hurt a paying customer, you're also a paying customer if you use a VPN to buy from another region and yet that's certainly frowned upon. I just think it's too risky but either way, I'm cool with waiting.

I'm definitely bummed that I thought it would unlock in a couple hours to now have to wait another 6.5. Ah well...

Obviously I'm not one to tell you what to worry about but let's just say when it comes to VPN unlocking games earlier if I'm not banned you're not likely to be banned either :p

The only golden rule with steam is - don't use VPN to buy from other regions steam stores. Unlock games early is perfectly fine in my experience. OK it does say in their terms etc but honestly I don't think they care on that front.

ref

I've played this game so many times on all the different platforms it was released. Just one of those games that always is fun to play after a short break of playing it.

I need it!

Grief.exe

The difference is one use of the VPN is not hurting anyone, while the other directly harms both Valve and the Publisher.

Again, zero reported incidents of Vale ever taking action against someone using a VPN to unlock a game.
However, there are reported incidents of actions taken against those that use a VPN to get regional price decreases.

So the data confirms the ideology, or vice versa.

I'm trying to get confirmation that you can aim with the right analog stick. Otherwise no sale. I just can't go back to that type of control scheme.

Its a PC game, controls are completely remappable.

Read the FAQ in the op.

I've finished the game on every other platform aside from the 360 so here it goes again :D 60 FPS will be a nice boost, still can't believe I finished the original PC version using a keyboard. I have no idea why I did it ;-;

The difference is one use of the VPN is not hurting anyone, while the other directly harms both Valve and the Publisher.

Again, zero reported incidents of Vale ever taking action against someone using a VPN to unlock a game.
However, there are reported incidents of actions taken against those that use a VPN to get regional price decreases.

Its a PC game, controls are completely remappable.

Read the FAQ in the op.

This is what I see:
Three preset control schemes for gamepad users

So how is that going to work if I'm using a 360 pad?

Will wait for reviews to see if it's a decent port, and if the keyboard and mouse controls work well. I played this game originally on the Wii, and the Wiimote controls were great. I don't think I would enjoy the game as much with a regular gamepad, but the precision of the mouse could be great.

I do really want to play this game again though.

Kadin

Yeah okay I can see it from that perspective, didn't think about that.

Hodders

Neo Member
Ok I caved in haha, where do I access the Pre-Order goodies? I've activated key on my Steam account but not sure where to go for them!

Grief.exe

This is what I see:
Three preset control schemes for gamepad users

So how is that going to work if I'm using a 360 pad?

They will be the same as the 360/PS3 control options. If what you want is still not there, always edit the INI file.

Ok I caved in haha, where do I access the Pre-Order goodies? I've activated key on my Steam account but not sure where to go for them!

Be in your steam folder after the game unlocks.

Peff

You know, the fact that it'd take less time to download the whole thing than to unpack the pre-load kind of defeats the point.

Does anyone know if someone will be able to mod in co-op mercenaries, or is that not possible? I really wanted to team up with someone and get the handcannon! Co-op mercenaries would be so fun! =D

Hodders

Neo Member
The pre-order bonus is still good on GMG. If you buy there, don't forget to use voucher O61269-BIMBGU-JRDM3J for 25% off too.

I imagine pre-order bonus is good other places too but this is the only one I just verified.

Thanks for the code, didn't realise it was still valid, just got it for £11.25 which is great

Grief.exe

RE4 is out in the following regions.

ReleaseStateOverrideCountries – NO,SE,FI,DK,PT,ES,FR,IT,AT,CH,LU,LI,BE,NL,IE,IM,JE,GS,GB,IS,MT,LV,LT,EE,UA,CZ,HU,PL,SK,BG,GR,RO,SI,HR,TR,AU,NZ,AF,BD,BT,BN,KH,CN,HK,IN,ID,JP,KR,LA,MO,MY,MV,MN,NP,PK,PH,SG,LK,TW,TH,VN

For the people who get in, how is the performance and does SGSSAA work via Nvidia inspector?

Also, is Professional unlocked from the start?

Mr Swine

Banned
Why aren't the HD textures working in the game? :/ my Beefy PC should be enough (I5 3570k, 770GTx). I've tried with normal textures and they look the same :/

Edit: NEvermind, it's working now

1pjsyf.jpg

edge-wwe.gif

Ran Echelon

Neo Member
Ahh, it's so smooth..
Performance is good, I imagine this will stay locked at 60 on even modest hardware.
Professional is not unlocked from the start.

Top Bottom